Windows 10: [Windows 10] My preview pane for web search results is gone.

Discus and support [Windows 10] My preview pane for web search results is gone. in Cortana to solve the problem; I know I'm the black sheep when everybody wants to turn off the web search, but I like how it's convenient. My preview pane for web search doesn't... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by TomVu3, May 10, 2019.

1. TomVu3 Win User

[Windows 10] My preview pane for web search results is gone.

I know I'm the black sheep when everybody wants to turn off the web search, but I like how it's convenient.

My preview pane for web search doesn't work anymore. It used to show Bing results on the right side when I look something up in the search bar.

[Windows 10] My preview pane for web search results is gone. 1e168b85-d226-462e-9a06-40db5c6b4fac?upload=true.png

It was working just fine before I tried messing with some privacy settings.Anyone know how to make it work again?

:)

TomVu3, May 10, 2019

2. Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      [Windows 10] My preview pane for web search results is gone. a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, May 10, 2019
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Turn Off Web Search Results When Searching My Computer

Hi,

If you are pertaining to the Cortana search web results, you can disable it and improve local search results. Follow the steps below to disable web results:

• Click the search bar.
    • Select the Notebook icon on the left pane of the search bar.
    • From the options, select Settings. (Note: On the later versions of Windows, the Settings button might be outside the Notebook icon.)
    • On the Settings, toggle the Cortana gives me suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option to
      Off.
    • On the lower part, turn off the Search online and included web results option as well.

See the image as reference to the above steps:

[Windows 10] My preview pane for web search results is gone. 7c9e0858-2114-462b-b171-63b6e7d3089d.jpg

After doing the steps, try using search again and see if the web results will now disappear.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Anne Ros, May 10, 2019
  4. Eclassbud Win User

Video in the preview pane

Aileen,

Thank you so much for your reply.

What I really need to know is how get the video to play in the preview pane. Prior to Windows 10, this worked wonderfully and was an asset. Now, it requires making changes to the Windows registry - not recommended due to the enormous amount of issues with
    Windows 10.

Any other suggestions?

Eclassbud, May 10, 2019
Thema:

1. [Windows 10] My preview pane for web search results is gone. - Similar Threads - preview pane web

2. Windows search doesn't show web result in Windows 11 Beta preview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search doesn't show web result in Windows 11 Beta preview: After a recent update 22635.2776, beta channel I can no longer search the web on the search bar, but I can search files and folders. Anybody with the same problem?I'm in Italy, and Copilot is not available in Europe. I don't know if this is related....
  3. Windows search doesn't show web result in Windows 11 Beta preview

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows search doesn't show web result in Windows 11 Beta preview: After a recent update 22635.2776, beta channel I can no longer search the web on the search bar, but I can search files and folders. Anybody with the same problem?I'm in Italy, and Copilot is not available in Europe. I don't know if this is related....
  4. Start menu web search preview gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu web search preview gone: Hey, everybody! A couple days ago I was able to preview a web search from the start menu. If I typed "translate" I could have also typed in the google translte something and translate it from there. Or make certain operations like 777/12 and the answer would've popped in the...
  5. Web search results

in Cortana
    Web search results: Hi, my name is Sumiyuru I am using a windows 10 home operating system hp I have a problem in the search box, as experienced in my other 2 computers when I search something in the web it immediately gives me web results but in my hp computer in the search box when I search...
  6. Windows Search Not Showing Web Results

in Cortana
    Windows Search Not Showing Web Results: I have been using a Windows 10 Professional from the past 4 months and from yesterday the Windows Search was not showing any Web Results. I am from India and according to this article:...
  7. Windows 10 Search Bar Web Search returns no results

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Bar Web Search returns no results: My Surface can no longer search the web from the search bar. It still works perfectly fine for local file search, but it will not search the web....
  8. Web search results not included in search bar

in Cortana
    Web search results not included in search bar: To whom it may concern, I updated from Windows 10 Home 1803 to 1903 yesterday June 19th 2019. Everything seemed fine after that until I discovered that the web searches are no longer included in my searches from the search bar. It only displays local content from my docs,...
  9. Search bar internet results say "open in browser." Web preview is gone.

in Cortana
    Search bar internet results say "open in browser." Web preview is gone.: Where did my internet search. It says open in browser. I have tried changing default browser back to edge (Not Dev), resetting default apps, updating (i am on 1903 now and i still have that problem), it still works on sandbox, file results show, apps show, Microsoft store...
  10. Disable web results in search

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable web results in search: What am I missing here to stop getting web results when searching for stuff on my PC? Enabling "Do not allow web search" does....nothing..... [img] [img] 120609