Windows 10: Windows 10 N Edition + Media Pack = Win 10 Full?

Discus and support Windows 10 N Edition + Media Pack = Win 10 Full? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm upgrading from Win 7 Pro N to Win 10 Pro N. If I install the Media Features pack KB3010081, does that equate to full Windows 10? Are there any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kaborka, Aug 8, 2015.

1. kaborka Win User

Windows 10 N Edition + Media Pack = Win 10 Full?

I'm upgrading from Win 7 Pro N to Win 10 Pro N. If I install the Media Features pack KB3010081, does that equate to full Windows 10? Are there any other limitations I might encounter with the N edition?

:)

kaborka, Aug 8, 2015

2. 58 Error dialogs from app when HEVC Video Extension Window Store codec is installed.

To add to my previous reply,

If you're Windows 10 installation is a N (or KN) Edition (due to local government restrictions) then you need to install the "Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions of Windows 10" as a prerequisite

For the full list of download links of the various Media Feature Pack's of past and present, including the most current, (for Win 10 v.1709) for the Windows N (and KN) editions, follow the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3145500/media-feature-pack-list-for-windows-n-editions

Again, Good Luck, and let us know how it goes,

-Richard

RichardEiler, Aug 8, 2015
  3. kaborka Win User

I'm upgrading from Win 7 Pro N to Win 10 Pro N. If I install the Media Features pack KB3010081, does that equate to full Windows 10? Are there any other limitations I might encounter with the N edition?

kaborka, Aug 8, 2015
  4. NUS
    Nus Win User

Yep, installing the Media Pack makes Win 10 Pro N into Win 10 Pro, nothing missing.

5. kaborka Win User
    Can anyone confirm there are no differences in licensing nor geographic restrictions on Win 10 features in the N edition vs the full?

kaborka, Aug 8, 2015
  6. NUS
    Nus Win User
    There are no restrictions with N editions, Microsoft was just forced to offer versions without all the media stuff as well as the normal editions.

Cortana is only available in 4 Euro countries plus the UK, but that's nothing to do do with N versions.

7. NCO
    nco Win User
    My question if, if I don't need the features missing from N Windows (I'd use them as portable apps anyways, most notably media players and Skype), will the N version of Windows at least 1% snappier and more battery-efficient? If so, then it's already a win for me.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 N Edition + Media Pack = Win 10 Full? - Similar Threads - Edition Media Pack

2. Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 N, 21H1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 N, 21H1: Hi, a few weeks ago I've installed Windows N, 21H1. AFAIK there is no Media Feature Pack for this version: nor in Settings > Apps > Apps and Features > Optional Features > Add a Feature, nor in Windows Features, also the version for 21H1 is not listed here:...
  3. Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 N, 21H1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 N, 21H1: Hi, a few weeks ago I've installed Windows N, 21H1. AFAIK there is no Media Feature Pack for this version: nor in Settings > Apps > Apps and Features > Optional Features > Add a Feature, nor in Windows Features, also the version for 21H1 is not listed here:...
  4. Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 N, 21H1

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 media feature pack for win 10 pro n 20H2

Windows 10 media feature pack for win 10 pro n 20H2: I have seen to do to the settings and going to optional features and intsall it from there, but when I do that there is nothing there in the opional features even when i click add feature....
  6. Windows N Edition Media Feature Pack is missing!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows N Edition Media Feature Pack is missing!: I have gone to apps/optional features/add feature but there is no media feature pack feature! I need to play devil may cry 5 but you are preventing me! I feel threatened! Your incompetence is causing me distress and I will hurt myself! I have autism and OCD! I need to fix...
  7. Media Feature Pack Error on Win 10 N Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Feature Pack Error on Win 10 N Pro: Hello guys! First, sorry for my grammatical problems, im not a very good english speaker. I have a problem with my windows... I reinstalled it and now i cant install Media Feature Pack because im getting this error : "this update is not applicable to your computer". I dont...
  8. Media feature pack for windows 10 pro N

Media feature pack for windows 10 pro N: there's no media feature pack for version 1903 of windows 10 pro N , and all the streaming sites are not playing any media. can someone help please , thanks....
  9. Windows Store Crashes Without Media Feature Pack on Win 10 (N Edition) Why?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store Crashes Without Media Feature Pack on Win 10 (N Edition) Why?: I recently updated my brother's laptop from Windows 10 (Pro N Edition) from build 1703 to 1803. After the update I noticed a couple of programs started to crash on startup some which are as follows: Windows Store Groove Music (store app) Fifa 17 KWorld UB490-A (USB TV...
  10. Download and Install Media Feature Pack for N Editions of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Download and Install Media Feature Pack for N Editions of Windows 10: How to: Download and Install Media Feature Pack for N Editions of Windows 10 How to Download and Install Media Feature Pack for N Editions of Windows 10 The "N" editions of Windows 10 include the same functionality as other editions of Windows 10 except for...