Windows 10: Windows 10-NAS device problem

Discus and support Windows 10-NAS device problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, im new here and sorry if theres already similar thread.Im trying to copy some files from nas device to my win 10 and get this error 0x8007003b.I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by enor95, Mar 15, 2021.

1. enor95 Win User

Windows 10-NAS device problem

Hi, im new here and sorry if theres already similar thread.Im trying to copy some files from nas device to my win 10 and get this error 0x8007003b.I resolved it by enabling smb1 on my Pc and setting min and max smb also to smb1 on my nas device,but i dont want to use smb1 because it unsecure.What to do, i tried all different combinations of smb protocols but it is only working with version 1 which is as I already said unsecure. Thank you in advance

:)

enor95, Mar 15, 2021
  2. Gino Des Win User

Windows 10 & NAS Box

Hi Peter,

A few possible reasons can cause this issue. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• How is your NAS box connected to your computer? (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, or USB)
    • Are you using a program provided by the manufacturer of your NAS box to access it?
    • Do you receive any error messages when accessing your NAS box? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the solution provided by omiklik (Most Helpful Reply)
    in the following thread: Unable to see NAS drive on Network - Win 10 PC.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Mar 15, 2021
  3. Blaq Win User
    Can't see NAS (SMBv1), even via IP address (tried common solutions)

I have a DLINK DNS-325 NAS which worked fine until this week.

• The issue started after I performed an in-place upgrade. (To fix an unrelated Windows Store problem.)
    • I restored the NAS to factory settings and manually rebuilt its settings.
    • I can access the NAS's Web-based UI without a problem and it reports no errors. I can also ping it without any error.
    I have tried several solutions, some from "My nas devices are not showing in Windows File Explorer - Network, Windows 10 version 1703, build 15063.332" for example.

• Network reset
    • Enabled SMBv1
    • Forced my PC to be the Master Browser
    • Force-enabled "Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP"
    To take Windows networking out of the equation, I'm initially trying to access the NAS by its static IP, 192.168.*. In the command window:

• I can ping it without problem
    • `net view \\192.168.*` gives an error 53.
    What should my next steps be? Thanks.

4. DizMatt Win User

Windows 10 - NAS Drive

I've had similar problems for months but finally cracked it.

I thought it was my BT router but it's completely down to windows 10.

My steps to solution, which may not all be required were:

• ensure client networks for windows is installed (not a problem my installation but essential)
    • TCP/IP advanced settings, WINS, NetBIOS settings to DEFAULT (this might be have been critical)
    • in Windows features, turn on SMB 1.0/CIFS file sharing support, This was NOT enabled by default on my clean windows 10 pro installation
    I also checked that the shares were active, I think I disabled them in my trouble-shooting by accident. Prior to installing win 10 it all worked quite nicely.

I could log into the NSA320/NAS via the administrative control panel, also I could detect using the Zyxel NAS detector interface.

I did NOT require any shifty looking drivers from adware driven websites.

DizMatt, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10-NAS device problem - Similar Threads - NAS device problem

2. Windows 10 Home NAS connection problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home NAS connection problem: I have laptop PC running windows 10 Home version 20H2 build 19042.1466. I have a Seagate NAS 220 connected to my router. I can access the network shares on my phone and my ANdroid tablet but not my windows pc. I have set netbios in IPV4, I have set sharing in network sharing...
  3. Windows 10 Home NAS connection problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home NAS connection problem: I have laptop PC running windows 10 Home version 20H2 build 19042.1466. I have a Seagate NAS 220 connected to my router. I can access the network shares on my phone and my ANdroid tablet but not my windows pc. I have set netbios in IPV4, I have set sharing in network sharing...
  4. Windows 10 Home NAS connection problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10-NAS device problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10-NAS device problem: Hi, im new here and sorry if theres already similar thread.Im trying to copy some files from nas device to my win 10 and get this error 0x8007003b.I resolved it by enabling smb1 on my Pc and setting min and max smb also to smb1 on my nas device,but i dont want to use smb1...
  6. Problem with my NAS

Problem with my NAS: After update windows 10 before 3 months my NAS dos not appeaer in the local network. But from any Browser by typing the IP adreess and have access to his setup... Also in my Virtual Machine Win 7 it appeaers normaly in the local network and i have full access. How can i fix...
  7. Problem Indexing NAS Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem Indexing NAS Drive in Windows 10: Does anyone know how to Index a network drive in Windows 10? I cannot get the network drive location to show up in the Indexing Options. FYI: I'm looking for a solution that does not require me to store the NAS contents locally. Thank you to anyone who may be able and...
  8. problems with Synology NAS on Windows 10 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problems with Synology NAS on Windows 10 1809: Below are my impressions on version 1809 on two different machines. Yesterday I upgraded to ver.1809 build 17763.292 and installed all updates. All seems to work well except for the connection with my Synology NAS. The disk station is has the latest update and is connected...
  9. NAS device shows as Media device

NAS device shows as Media device: I have some NAS devices attached to my home network. When Win 10 boots up it correctly identifies them as NAS devices But when I return to my machine after a period away the NAS devices have been classed as Media devices and so cannot be accessed In this case I have to...
  10. nas connect problem

nas connect problem: using a medio nas with windows 7 and no problem now upgraded to windows 10 and can not connect to nas anymore using the explorer or command window to map the drive C:\Users\guy>net use y: \\192.168.1.2\MyLibrary System error 53 has occurred. The network path was not...