Windows 10: Windows 10 - navigation arrows disappear after zooming and keyboard arrows no longer work

Discus and support Windows 10 - navigation arrows disappear after zooming and keyboard arrows no longer work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm having an issue with going to the next photo within a folder after zooming in the photo. If I do not zoom, I can freely use the navigation arrows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AnthonyDeLuca1, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Windows 10 - navigation arrows disappear after zooming and keyboard arrows no longer work

I'm having an issue with going to the next photo within a folder after zooming in the photo. If I do not zoom, I can freely use the navigation arrows or the keyboard arrows to the next or previous photo. As soon as I zoom in on the photo using Photo's zoom function or my mouse wheel, I can no longer navigate to the next photo using the navigation arrows or the keyboard arrows. The functionality does not return when I zoom completely out and return the photo to its previous full extent. In order to return the navigation arrows or use the keyboard arrow keys, I have to close the photo completely and reopen the photo. I have tried repairing and resetting the Photo app. And my system is currently up to date.

:)

AnthonyDeLuca1, Dec 11, 2019

2. down arrow key stopped working

My razor lycosa down arrow key decided to not respond at some point today. The other ones work and so does the numpad arrow if i turn off the numlock. Sounds like its just broken and im screwed, but any suggestions?

Hybrid_theory, Dec 11, 2019
  3. rsanna Win User
    Windows + Arrow Keys Stops working

1. I am using a USB Keyboard. It is only keyboard I have.

2. I have not made any changes to the PC prior to the issue.

3. My keyboard is a Logitech K520.

Method 1:

The arrow keys work fine if used individually - as does the Windows key. Toggling with FN does nothing to allow the WIndows + arrow keys shortcut again, and since the arrow keys work individually this does nothing for that. Also of note: I have tried unplugging
    and replugging my keyboard back in, and the Windows + Arrow Key functionality still does not come back.

Method 2:

This is the only keyboard I have. I never had this issue with Windows 8.1, and as I stated after a reboot the WIndows + Arrow Keys shortcut will work, until Windows 10 messes up.

I believe it is a Windows 10 issue instead of a hardware issue because a window will literally disappear while using the Windows + Arrow Keys shortcut.

• It is not minimized.
    • It is not on another screen.
    • It is not on another desktop. (I only have 1 Desktop, and regardless the Windows + Ctrl + Arrow Keys shortcut does work if I create a new virtual desktop.)
    • Hover-highlight on the program on the task bar does not bring the window back.
    • Using the task manager does not bring the window back.
    • Using Alt + Tab does not bring the window back.
    • And using WIndows + Arrow keys does not bring the window back.
    After this Windows 10 issue occurs I lose the WIndows + Arrow Keys functionality until I reboot again. At which time, it will work perfectly for an indeterminate amount of time until a window gets "lost" while using the shortcut and becomes inaccessible
    for mouse functions (because I cannot see it, but other keyboard functions continue to work). Again this did not happen with Windows 8.1 and has only happened since upgrading to Windows 10.

rsanna, Dec 11, 2019
  4. tigger Win User

Windows 10 - navigation arrows disappear after zooming and keyboard arrows no longer work

tigger, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - navigation arrows disappear after zooming and keyboard arrows no longer work

1. Windows 10 - navigation arrows disappear after zooming and keyboard arrows no longer work - Similar Threads - navigation arrows disappear

2. Shortcut arrows disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut arrows disappear: Windows 11. I keep shortcuts with arrows on my desktop to quickly open files and folders. However, every 3 weeks or so, the arrows disappear. I run the program “Restore_default_shortcut_arrow.reg” to restore them. It does a great job, but I have to reboot each time....
  3. Shortcut arrows disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut arrows disappear: Windows 11. I keep shortcuts with arrows on my desktop to quickly open files and folders. However, every 3 weeks or so, the arrows disappear. I run the program “Restore_default_shortcut_arrow.reg” to restore them. It does a great job, but I have to reboot each time....
  4. Arrow keys not working for navigation in certain situations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Arrow keys not working for navigation in certain situations: I use CTRL + arrow left and right to navigate between words while coding, and for navigating between buttons in windows popups and all,recently I've noticed that on the freeCodeCamp website's code editor, CTRL + left and right arrow keys are not working I use firefox but it...
  5. Arrow keys not working for navigation in certain situations

Arrow keys not working for navigation in certain situations: I use CTRL + arrow left and right to navigate between words while coding, and for navigating between buttons in windows popups and all,recently I've noticed that on the freeCodeCamp website's code editor, CTRL + left and right arrow keys are not working I use firefox but it...
  6. Explorer Navigation with arrows selecting objects

Explorer Navigation with arrows selecting objects: Hello,in the explorer Win + E I navigate through folders pretty often with the arrow keys. When opening a folder with the key 'enter', no object is selected. When pressing the arrow 'down', the second object gets selected. Why not the first one? Because of this I alway have...
  7. Can No Longer Navigate Win Key + X Menu With Directional Arrows on Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can No Longer Navigate Win Key + X Menu With Directional Arrows on Keyboard: Hi everyone, so I frequently use Win + X, and up until recently, I was able to navigate the options with the arrow keys on my keyboard, but for unknown reasons I recently am no longer able to do so and now have to manually click on the option that I want. Does anyone know how...
  8. Can No Longer Navigate Win Key + X Menu With Directional Arrows on Keyboard

Can No Longer Navigate Win Key + X Menu With Directional Arrows on Keyboard: Hi everyone, so I frequently use Win + X, and up until recently, I was able to navigate the options with the arrow keys on my keyboard, but for unknown reasons I recently am no longer able to do so and now have to manually click on the option that I want. Does anyone know how...
  9. windows 10 cursor and arrows disappeared.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 cursor and arrows disappeared.: windows 10 cursor and arrows disappeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cursor-and-arrows-disappeared/3671c958-b750-4d30-b001-7d713232292e
  10. Missing navigation arrows in Explorer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing navigation arrows in Explorer: This concerns the latest update to Windows 10, version 1903, OS build 18362.267, installed on 8/2/2019. The navigation arrows that reveal the contents of folders have disappeared completely. The only way to see the contents is to double click the folder. This is cumbersome...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lost arrows word after zoom