Windows 10: Windows 10 need documentation to explain Microsoft account and local account

Discus and support Windows 10 need documentation to explain Microsoft account and local account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I really need access to documentation the explains 1 how windows 10 configures a user, including "Full Name" and how that relates to the name of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by edspyhill01_844, Jul 1, 2022.

1. Windows 10 need documentation to explain Microsoft account and local account

I really need access to documentation the explains 1 how windows 10 configures a user, including "Full Name" and how that relates to the name of c:/users/{userid} folder2 are there any differences between the local user profiles and the microsoft user profile3 what do I lose if I go back to using just the local user account.I don't need anyone to recreate the wheel, just recommend a book or links to instructions THAT MATCH my current iteration of Windows 10 the instructions of most howtos on the internet do not match my version of windows.Yes, I am windows 10 illiterate. Spent 25 years

:)

edspyhill01_844, Jul 1, 2022
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 need documentation to explain Microsoft account and local account :(

Zakin, Jul 1, 2022
  3. Mindweaver, Jul 1, 2022
  4. Kari Win User

Windows 10 need documentation to explain Microsoft account and local account

Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

Kari, Jul 1, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 need documentation to explain Microsoft account and local account

1. Windows 10 need documentation to explain Microsoft account and local account - Similar Threads - need documentation explain

2. Windows 10 need documentation to explain Microsoft account and local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 need documentation to explain Microsoft account and local account: I really need access to documentation the explains 1 how windows 10 configures a user, including "Full Name" and how that relates to the name of c:/users/{userid} folder2 are there any differences between the local user profiles and the microsoft user profile3 what do I lose...
  3. Windows 10 need documentation to explain Microsoft account and local account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 need documentation to explain Microsoft account and local account: I really need access to documentation the explains 1 how windows 10 configures a user, including "Full Name" and how that relates to the name of c:/users/{userid} folder2 are there any differences between the local user profiles and the microsoft user profile3 what do I lose...
  4. Local account and Microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Local account and Microsoft account: Hi, I recently switched my windows 10 computer from the Microsoft account to a local account. Since I have no use for the "Microsoft account", that is the Microsoft account online to which my windows 10 is connected, can I delete the Microsoft account? I don't use any...
  5. Local Account / Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local Account / Microsoft Account: I have a desktop & a laptop and on both the devices I have logged in with my Microsoft account, but unlike my desktop when I login to my laptop, it makes me sign with a password not a pin which I had setup myself in Settings>Sign-in options>Password. To remove this I simply...
  6. Local account to microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Local account to microsoft account?: So my microsft account is linked with a activated windows theres no problem with that. I built a pc and before installing windows with a local account i have some question. I know you can log in with your microsoft account after seting it up with a local account but will the...
  7. Microsoft account or local account ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft account or local account ?: Because i am keep getting microsoft account problem every day, i am planning to start login with local account instead microsoft account. Before i change to local account i would like to ask some question here. 1. What windows feature will be lost if i am not using mc...
  8. Microsoft account or local account ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft account or local account ?: Because i am keep getting microsoft account problem every day, i am planning to start login with local account instead microsoft account. Before i change to local account i would like to ask some question here. 1. What windows feature will be lost if i am not using mc...
  9. Please explain microsoft accounts...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please explain microsoft accounts...: My wife has been having problems all week because of microsoft accounts...I haven't been much help, because I have discovered in the process that I really do not understand them. Searches of this site have not been explanatory and internet searches have only provided basic...
  10. local account/Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    local account/Microsoft account: I have been using Windows 10 for about a week. I set up two accounts - one administrator, the other regular user. When attempting to update Windows 10, I got a message saying because I did not login a Microsoft account, some updates couldn't be downloaded. So, I had to create...