Windows 10: Windows 10, need to access my server, what is the procedure

Discus and support Windows 10, need to access my server, what is the procedure in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Just rebuild a hard drive on my Bookkeepers computer and install Windows 10. How do I connect to my server?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by carlosblanco_942, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Windows 10, need to access my server, what is the procedure

Just rebuild a hard drive on my Bookkeepers computer and install Windows 10. How do I connect to my server?

:)

carlosblanco_942, Jul 20, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 20, 2018
  3. Error: "The remote procedure call failed" while trying to access Windows Store on Windows 10

Hi Vishnu,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing Windows Store apps and installing Windows Updates on your device.

We appreciate your effort and time spent in resolving the issue.

As you receive an error: The remote procedure call failed, I suggest you to check the status of Remote Procedure Call locator service.

Step 1: Make sure the Remote Procedure Call status is Started and set to Automatic. RPC Locator should be set to Manual. Follow the below steps for the same:

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open
      Run command.
    • Type services.msc in the search box and press
      Enter
    • Search for the Remote Procedure Call locator service
    • Make sure the Start-up type is Manual.
    Steps to set the services to Automatic

• Right click on the service
    • If the service is stopped then Start the service
    • Select Properties
    • And in the Start-up type, select Manual.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Update troubleshooter as it resolves
    problems that prevents you from updating windows.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X, click on
      Control Panel
      , select Category and then select
      Large or Small icons
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all
      in the left pane.
    • Select Windows Update
    • Click on Advanced, check mark
      Apply repairs automatically, and then click on Run as Administrator.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 20, 2018
  4. Windows 10, need to access my server, what is the procedure

Error: "Remote procedure call failed", "This app does not support the contract specified or is not installed" while trying to access Windows Store apps on Windows 10

Hi Jeffrey,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the Windows Store apps on your computer. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

We appreciate your effort in resolving the issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Make sure the Remote Procedure Call status is Started and set to Automatic. RPC Locator should be set to Manual. Follow the below steps for the same:

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open
      Run command.
    • Type services.msc in the search box and press
      Enter
    • Search for the Remote Procedure Call locator service
    • Make sure the Start-up type is Manual.

Steps to set the services to Automatic

• Right click on the service
    • If the service is stopped then Start the service
    • Select Properties
    • And in the Start-up type, select Manual.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I suggest you to Disable Proxy Settings

Windows Store apps won't work properly if you are using a proxy server. You may disable the proxy server and check.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows Key + R to open
      Run
      command, type inetcpl.cpl.
    • Under Internet Options, go to
      Connections
      tab.
    • c. Click on the LAN Settings button.
    • Then uncheck the option Use a proxy server for your LAN.
    • Click Apply.

Step 4: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing Windows Store apps for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10, need to access my server, what is the procedure

1. Windows 10, need to access my server, what is the procedure - Similar Threads - need access server

2. What is the Procedure to ... ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the Procedure to ... ?: I have an existing Win 10 Pro 64 license, upgraded via Win 7 > 8 > 10. I want to Migrate to a larger SSD partitioned completely GUID. I want to save all Settings, Apps, Yada ... . That is, I want to restore a system image to a different SSD EFI partition. I have a Type C SATA...
  3. What is the Procedure to ... ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the Procedure to ... ?: I have an existing Win 10 Pro 64 license, upgraded via Win 7 > 8 > 10. I want to Migrate to a larger SSD partitioned completely GUID. I want to save all Settings, Apps, Yada ... . That is, I want to restore a system image to a different SSD EFI partition. I have a Type C SATA...
  4. What is the Procedure to ... ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. procedure for upgrading Symantec on a server

procedure for upgrading Symantec on a server: Does anyone know the correct procedure for upgrading Symantec on a server, or whether this is documented somewhere. I am trying to upgrade Symantec on the ABR servers. I tried one of the installs on the share drive but it failed....
  6. procedure for upgrading Symantec on a server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    procedure for upgrading Symantec on a server: Does anyone know the correct procedure for upgrading Symantec on a server, or whether this is documented somewhere. I am trying to upgrade Symantec on the ABR servers. I tried one of the installs on the share drive but it failed....
  7. procedure for upgrading Symantec on a server

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Procedure Access Error Message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Procedure Access Error Message: I get a "The specified procedure could not be found" error message when I try to open JPEG files. How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/procedure-access-error-message/7e09e732-2dc0-40cf-bd93-a3f45b9d1900
  9. Procedure Access Error Message

Procedure Access Error Message: I get a "The specified procedure could not be found" error message when I try to open JPEG files. How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/procedure-access-error-message/7e09e732-2dc0-40cf-bd93-a3f45b9d1900
  10. Desperately need procedure to tune Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desperately need procedure to tune Windows 10 Home: I need some procedures or books that will help me tune my Windows 10 so it doesn't take 15 minutes to stop pegging memory and disk usage every time i simple logon. A reboot is even worse. There must be some sources from Microsoft or Microsoft Windows 10 engines that detail...