Windows 10: Windows 10 needs a restart to make a network connection

Discus and support Windows 10 needs a restart to make a network connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi thereI am having a problem with my network connection. I am running Windows 10 PRO and recently installed the April 2018 Update.When I boot up my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mdtathome66, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Windows 10 needs a restart to make a network connection

Hi thereI am having a problem with my network connection. I am running Windows 10 PRO and recently installed the April 2018 Update.When I boot up my laptop, it doesn't make a network connection. I am using a wireless connection to my router. I then have to RESTART and then a connection is made ok. If I switch to Wi-fi there isn't a problem.I'm sure this problem only occurred after the update.Any advice would be greatfully receivedMartyn

:)

mdtathome66, Jul 20, 2018
  2. Mel Tar Win User

No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Jul 20, 2018
  3. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Jul 20, 2018
  4. Windows 10 needs a restart to make a network connection

How do I change the network adapter name? (Windows 10)

Press Windows Key + R, type secpol.msc and press Enter to run it. In Local Security Policy window, go to the Network List Manager Policies in the left pane. Now in the right pane double click on the network name that you want to change. In the Properties windows under the Name section make sure that Name is selected. Now in the input field enter the name that you wish to use for your connection. Click Apply then OK to save the changes. And you might have to log in again or to restart your computer before the changes are applied.

lorraine walsh, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 needs a restart to make a network connection

1. Windows 10 needs a restart to make a network connection - Similar Threads - needs restart network

2. Windows 10 can't connect to any network after a restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 can't connect to any network after a restart: This is a desktop computer with a wired connection to a home router. The computer froze while idle no image on screen and no response to keyboard or mouse and had to be manually restarted. Upon restarting, Windows can see that there's a ethernet cable connected, but does not...
  3. Windows 10 can't connect to any network after a restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 can't connect to any network after a restart: This is a desktop computer with a wired connection to a home router. The computer froze while idle no image on screen and no response to keyboard or mouse and had to be manually restarted. Upon restarting, Windows can see that there's a ethernet cable connected, but does not...
  4. Windows 10 can't connect to any network after a restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Why does SearchApp.exe need to make network connections to Microsoft?

in Cortana
    Why does SearchApp.exe need to make network connections to Microsoft?: If I am searching my local Hard drive, why does SearchApp.exe need to make connections to Microsoft? PowerShell Script: $Process = @{ Name='Process' Expression={ # return process path Get-Process -Id $_.OwningProcess -ErrorAction...
  6. Windows 10 no network connection after restart (hardwired Ethernet)

Windows 10 no network connection after restart (hardwired Ethernet): I have a new desktop computer with a hardwired ethernet connection and no internet access. I installed Windows 10 and noticed that when I restart my PC I get no network connection. When I ping my default gateway which is my router at home I get "connection time out ". My...
  7. Windows 10 Laptop gets a network problem, but restarting the internet connection makes...

Windows 10 Laptop gets a network problem, but restarting the internet connection makes...: I have a Windows 10 Laptop. Periodically, my internet connection gets the "No Internet Access" icon. I restart my router (Wireless) and the opened the popup just to see the flight mode button (not turned on) and there is no Turn on WiFi button. It kept happening for the last...
  8. How to make Private Network Connected

How to make Private Network Connected: Hello I’m not able to connect to the internet because my Private network says its “Not Connected”. Does anyone know how i can make it “connected”"? Thank you [IMG]...
  9. NETWORK CONNECTION NEEDS NETWORK CREDENTIAL

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    NETWORK CONNECTION NEEDS NETWORK CREDENTIAL: Hi, I actually having this problem: I am trying to connect to the other computer printer, but windows 10 has no homegroup. Another problem is that when i try to click computer1 in network it pop out a box "ENTER YOUR CREDENTIAL TO CONNECT TO...
  10. Need to make network connections private

Need to make network connections private: Hello, I have tried for 3 hours tonight to get my computer to connect to the Internet at my dad's house and I cannot do it. I have tried many of the tings listed in other posts and no results. I am wondering If I can no longer set up new WiFi spots on my laptop at this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 needs restart for internet