Windows 10: Windows 10 Needs A Shutdown Without Updating Option Brought Back!

Discus and support Windows 10 Needs A Shutdown Without Updating Option Brought Back! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Guys, Windows 10 used to have an option to use CTRL+F4 to bring up a menu to allow users to shutdown the computer without updating their systems.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JackPlatt, Apr 17, 2020.

1. JackPlatt Win User

Windows 10 Needs A Shutdown Without Updating Option Brought Back!

Guys,

Windows 10 used to have an option to use CTRL+F4 to bring up a menu to allow users to shutdown the computer without updating their systems. That option has been removed and needs to be brought back in a future Windows 10 Update.

Jack

:)

JackPlatt, Apr 17, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Apr 17, 2020
  4. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Needs A Shutdown Without Updating Option Brought Back! - Similar Threads - Needs Shutdown Without

2. Windows Aero Needs to be Brought Back

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Aero Needs to be Brought Back: Hello. Even though it is indeed 2021 and barely anybody is talking about this anymore, I still want it back, Windows Aero was probably one of the reasons that made Windows 7 such a loved operating system. In my opinion, the Windows 10 UI is very bland, solid, and just...
  3. windows 10 install update and shutdown option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 install update and shutdown option: hi, Since a have version 2004 and i can see the orange dot related with updates i choose update and shutdown. And on previous version it says Shutting down then it configures the update till 30% then it shutdowns my pc.... witch is fine The other day i turn on my pc it...
  4. LifeCam Studio brought back to life with Firmware update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LifeCam Studio brought back to life with Firmware update: Recently my LifeCam Studio stopped working with Windows 10. Until March 2020, it worked fine then a Windows update broke it. The error I received was 0xA00F4271<MediaCaptureFailedEvent> 0x80070018 when opening the Camera app in Windows 10. After looking through multiple...
  5. Windows UPDATE AND SHUTDOWN option actually update and restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows UPDATE AND SHUTDOWN option actually update and restart: Hi, Title sums up tje situation very well. Using Windows 10 on a desktop. When an update becomes available, upon shutting down my PC I get the option to either: 1- UPDATE AND SHUTDOWN 2- UPDATE AND RESTART 3- Can’t remember what the third one is but I never saw a use to...
  6. Windows UPDATE AND SHUTDOWN option actually update and restart

Windows UPDATE AND SHUTDOWN option actually update and restart: Hi, Title sums up tje situation very well. Using Windows 10 on a desktop. When an update becomes available, upon shutting down my PC I get the option to either: 1- UPDATE AND SHUTDOWN 2- UPDATE AND RESTART 3- Can’t remember what the third one is but I never saw a use to...
  7. How to shutdown windows 10 without updating

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to shutdown windows 10 without updating: Hello our dear readers! Don’t you just hate it when Windows decides to suddenly update itself when you just want to shut down your laptop and go? Today’s tip will help you skip updating your Windows while shutting down or restarting. Let me explain what happens: Your computer...
  8. How to shutdown windows 10 without updating

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to shutdown windows 10 without updating: Hello our dear readers! Don’t you just hate it when Windows decides to suddenly update itself when you just want to shut down your laptop and go? Today’s tip will help you skip updating your Windows while shutting down or restarting. Let me explain what happens: Your computer...
  9. How to shutdown WITHOUT updating?

How to shutdown WITHOUT updating?: I don't understand why I can't shutdown my laptop. I need to shut my computer down and the only options want me to update first. I don't have time to wait for an update. Were is the shutdown option? Does anybody at Microsoft actually use a computer? This is...
  10. Win 10 Ann Ed - "Shutdown without updating"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Ann Ed - "Shutdown without updating": Hi ALL, My main desktop PC updated to Win 10 Ann Ed without any problem as did my sister's desktop. I was over to my sister's house the other day and doing something on her PC when I went to shut it down I was offered 4 choices: Restart with updates Restart without...