Windows 10: Windows 10 needs activation after upgrading several parts, and troubleshooting won't help.

Discus and support Windows 10 needs activation after upgrading several parts, and troubleshooting won't help. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Windows 10 won't activate after upgrading to a new motherboard and CPU. Troubleshooting didn't help, and neither did the license key I ripped with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by m1ksu, Mar 23, 2019.

1. m1ksu Win User

Windows 10 needs activation after upgrading several parts, and troubleshooting won't help.

Windows 10 won't activate after upgrading to a new motherboard and CPU. Troubleshooting didn't help, and neither did the license key I ripped with the ShowKeyPlus from my previous installation before upgrading.

I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8 with the free update thing. I've lost my license key a long ago, and have been relying on the digital license/hardware identification or whatever Windows does to verify it's my PC.

Error code is 0x803FA067, if that's important.

:)

m1ksu, Mar 23, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 23, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Mar 23, 2019
  4. skippy258 Win User

Windows 10 needs activation after upgrading several parts, and troubleshooting won't help.

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Windows 10 needs activation after upgrading several parts, and troubleshooting won't help. [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 needs activation after upgrading several parts, and troubleshooting won't help. - Similar Threads - needs activation upgrading

2. Need help with troubleshooting windows instability part 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help with troubleshooting windows instability part 2: Seemingly as my previous thread here got buried and got no response for some time I decided to re-post it I apologize for an additional post. The BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal cause from the previous post, which was related to the display drivers, seems to have been solved by...
  3. Need help with troubleshooting windows instability part 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with troubleshooting windows instability part 2: Seemingly as my previous thread here got buried and got no response for some time I decided to re-post it I apologize for an additional post. The BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal cause from the previous post, which was related to the display drivers, seems to have been solved by...
  4. Need help with troubleshooting windows instability part 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recently changed motherboard, troubleshooting won't help activate Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recently changed motherboard, troubleshooting won't help activate Windows: The goal: To activate windows on my pc since I changed my motherboard.Notes: I deactivated my previous device which was on my original, now trashed motherboard, a z170xpMy windows edition is quite literally purchased on this account so everything should be linked together to...
  6. Recently changed motherboard, troubleshooting won't help activate Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recently changed motherboard, troubleshooting won't help activate Windows: The goal: To activate windows on my pc since I changed my motherboard.Notes: I deactivated my previous device which was on my original, now trashed motherboard, a z170xpMy windows edition is quite literally purchased on this account so everything should be linked together to...
  7. Windows 10 Pro upgrade won't work, activation troubleshooter unable to fix

Windows 10 Pro upgrade won't work, activation troubleshooter unable to fix: Hi,I had a working valid copy of Windows 10 Home on my laptop and wanted to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. I looked at the activation details and it said I had a digital license, so I went to the Windows App Store to purchase a digital license for Windows 10 Pro and completed the...
  8. Windows 10 won't activate after hardware upgrade

Windows 10 won't activate after hardware upgrade: I've recently changed my motherboard and CPU, both things I have done before without problem, however this time my Windows is saying that I have not activated Windows. I cannot find my Product key, I bought Windows for this PC years and years ago. I've run through the...
  9. I need help troubleshooting my Windows 10 Home activation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help troubleshooting my Windows 10 Home activation: I bought a Windows 10 laptop at Best Buy a little more than a year ago. Since I didn't have internet at home, I was never able to get out and activate it. Now I have a hotspot and I can access the internet from home, so I attempted to activate it, but this pops up: "We...
  10. Windows 10 Digital License won't activate even after troubleshooting

Windows 10 Digital License won't activate even after troubleshooting: The Motherboard is the same. Previously I had Windows 10 on a virtual machine, and the digital license worked in that case, however - recently, I've decided to dual boot Linux and Windows 10, and everything seems to work correctly except for the fact that the digital license...