Windows 10: Windows 10 Needs Activation. Original Product Key not working

Discus and support Windows 10 Needs Activation. Original Product Key not working in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought this laptop four years back, when Windows still hadn't come out with 10. With 8.1, I updated to 10 and thus have no clue what my product key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ameya Kelkar, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Needs Activation. Original Product Key not working

I bought this laptop four years back, when Windows still hadn't come out with 10. With 8.1, I updated to 10 and thus have no clue what my product key is. Following other threads, I found my product key and tried re-activating it. The error which comes is that the product key is incorrect. I found the windows script host and need help in my next step.

PLEASE HELP!!! Windows 10 Needs Activation. Original Product Key not working 7b176f41-78a5-4ff2-8bb1-c30829efb797?upload=true.png

:)

Ameya Kelkar, Jan 3, 2019

2. Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Needs Activation. Original Product Key not working

I lost my original MS Insider Product Key for Windows 10 Help!

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• What do you mean by Windows 10 product key?
    • Are you referring to previous Windows key?
    • From where did you purchase the product key?
    If the operating system was preinstalled (OEM) then I suggest you to contact the manufacturer or if you have purchased the product key from retail store like Microsoft store or from any store I suggest you to contact them to get the Original Windows product
    key only then we can activate the Windows 10.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Needs Activation. Original Product Key not working

1. Windows 10 Needs Activation. Original Product Key not working - Similar Threads - Needs Activation Original

2. Cannot activate Windows 7 Professional with original product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot activate Windows 7 Professional with original product key: I am getting a message saying "This copy of Windows is not genuine" on a Windows 7 Pro system and when I enter the original product key , I get "The product key you typed has been blocked from use by Microsoft" Code:0xC004C003.Is there any way to get this activated or to...
  3. Cannot activate Windows 7 Professional with original product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot activate Windows 7 Professional with original product key: I am getting a message saying "This copy of Windows is not genuine" on a Windows 7 Pro system and when I enter the original product key , I get "The product key you typed has been blocked from use by Microsoft" Code:0xC004C003.Is there any way to get this activated or to...
  4. regarding my activation of original product key in my windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    regarding my activation of original product key in my windows 10: Hi I am Mihir actually my windows 10 was corrupted due to virus so I had reinstalled it form the repair store, but since I was unaware that if I have licensed key so there is no need to add a product key when the windows ask for product key during reinstallation we had to...
  5. Can’t activate win 10 with original product key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t activate win 10 with original product key: I updated my girlfriends old laptop from windows 7 to windows 10 and now it tells me to activate windows, but when i try to use the old key printed on the bottom of the laptop it just gives me a error message. Could the key be to old? submitted by /u/Frozen-bones [link]...
  6. Original Product key isn't working! :

Original Product key isn't working! :: My Original preinstalled window product key isn't working... Let me tell you the whole story! Yesterday My friend gave me a Windows 10 Pro activation key and it worked ... My Pc got restarted and when it completed Window error says Window isn't activated .. so I contacted...
  7. Windows original product key

Windows original product key: I am using hp laptop. My original product key got blurred and I have no idea about retailer. Please let me know how to get the original product key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-original-product-key/446eaf65-e967-4e43-84d1-4e16b7135da8"
  8. Windows 10 "Original Product Key" command isn't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 "Original Product Key" command isn't work: Good afternoon, When running the Command Prompt with Admin credentials, I type in "wmic path softwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginlProductKey". It then shows the words "Original Product Key" but then underneath it is blank. I am running Windows 10 Pro, Version 1709....
  9. Trying to activate windows 10 need product key

Trying to activate windows 10 need product key: okay so my step dad just gave me this computer and i was trying to change the background but it said i needed to activate windows 10 i went to security settings and activate it wouldn't activate so i looked up all the stuff i tried to trouble shoot it which also didn't...
  10. Need product or activation key for windows 10

Need product or activation key for windows 10: I need a product or activation key for Windows 10 Enterprise insider preview build 10162. 9182

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. original windows key not working