Windows 10: Windows 10 Needs an official feature to support the control of bandwidth for all applications

Discus and support Windows 10 Needs an official feature to support the control of bandwidth for all applications in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I do not myself support the use of free or paid applications that limit the bandwidth per app as most of them cause BSOD, high and random spikes in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NullyNully, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Needs an official feature to support the control of bandwidth for all applications

I do not myself support the use of free or paid applications that limit the bandwidth per app as most of them cause BSOD, high and random spikes in the usage of the CPU and also in rare cases, corruptions. Some even come with malware. We need to stop supporting endless arrays of workarounds for features I do acknowledge will be hard to implement but it will create an environment that helps people and takes load off of their shoulders that should not be there in the first place. Yes I understand there are countless applications that support their own bandwidth limiting, but in my and others' experience all of the culprit applications that consume bandwidth of which renders the internet experience of all also share something in common, they download/update on a very frequent basis and they are mostly not large downloads of which take time to complete. They also do not have a feature of bandwidth control.

I do support the need for a feature to limit bandwidth per application running on the system as myself and alot of my friends have endlessly talked about this, they have from 2mbps-10mbps and also a few extra gamers in the house along with them, netflix streamers, youtube lovers, business from home. They just cannot afford more speed. eg:

Scenario 1:

• I want to play an online game but now my NVIDIA container decides to download 400MB and destroys my bandwidth and also for all the others in the house. When mine is done, then throughout the day another in the house's system does the same.

Scenario 2:

• I am the only one on the net or sharing. New game came out and it's on steam, no disk but just a code is available. Forced to download it. Now I want to use the net, play an online game, but still download the game whilst at it to save time or the hassle of staying up late to begin it when everyone goes to bed.

Scenario 3:

• I am a home developer and I need to upload and or update things on a daily basis when done. I don't have enough wealth to support a remote system, but from home it is possible. The usage can get hefty with size! It's fully possible to upload it at at constant controlled rate within a few hours and still be able to use the net with ease. it's just a major hassle to wait each and every day for the upload to finish and only then resume with daily usage of the internet.

Scenario 4:

• Any auto-update applications that do not support the control of bandwidth.

This list can literally continue into oblivion as I believe some of you have your own experiences and circumstances to share.

Sharing some insight on the properties of such function:

• Add your application to the list of bandwidth-controlled applications
    • Set whether it should control the Download and or Upload of the application.
    • Adjust the speed in the desired measurement of bandwidth.
    • Adjust when to activate and or deactivate this feature on the specified group of applications or separate control method.

Thank you for reading and I hope it makes you understand my point of view and suggestion to the best extent possible!

I am interested in hearing and understanding all of your views on this type of feature!

:)

NullyNully, Oct 31, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 31, 2018
  4. NinjaNife Win User

Windows 10 Needs an official feature to support the control of bandwidth for all applications

IP Address Bandwidth Monitor

I am looking for a bandwidth monitor that tells me how much bandwidth each IP connected to my server is sending/receiving (preferably listed in Mbits). I currently have Netlimiter 2 Pro, but that only does bandwidth monitoring by process (it lists IPs but doesn't tell how much bandwidth each one is using). It would need to run on Windows Server 2003 and not have any web-based requirements (it is not a webserver so can't support a webpage-type monitor). Does anyone know how to do this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Brendan "NinjaNife" West

NinjaNife, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Needs an official feature to support the control of bandwidth for all applications

1. Windows 10 Needs an official feature to support the control of bandwidth for all applications - Similar Threads - Needs official feature

2. Why is Windows Official Support...?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Windows Official Support...?: Why does Windows Offical Support page NEVER have the correct answer? Honestly, this is a legitament question. Every time I have even the simplest question related to Microsofts own OS, the answsers are truly never within the Microsoft communtity forum. You would figure the...
  3. Why is Windows Official Support...?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Windows Official Support...?: Why does Windows Offical Support page NEVER have the correct answer? Honestly, this is a legitament question. Every time I have even the simplest question related to Microsofts own OS, the answsers are truly never within the Microsoft communtity forum. You would figure the...
  4. Why is Windows Official Support...?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Official Microsoft Support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Official Microsoft Support: I have a few questions related to Microsoft Support:Is there an official Microsoft support for Windows or Windows Apps area? If yes, is it free or paid?Can someone provide the link if it does exist?The only area I found for support provides "how to" information for the...
  6. Official Microsoft Support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Official Microsoft Support: I have a few questions related to Microsoft Support:Is there an official Microsoft support for Windows or Windows Apps area? If yes, is it free or paid?Can someone provide the link if it does exist?The only area I found for support provides "how to" information for the...
  7. bandwidth control for windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    bandwidth control for windows update: hi, i am using windows 10 home. so, after installing version 2004, my bandwidth control settings under delivery optimization is greyed out . but when i was using version 1909 i could set bandwidth limit. how can i fix this? plz help.[ATTACH]...
  8. Official support for Windows 10 on ARM development

in Windows 10 News
    Official support for Windows 10 on ARM development: Today is an exciting day for Windows 10 on ARM. With the official release of Visual Studio 15.9, developers now have the officially supported SDK and tools for creating 64-bit ARM (ARM64) apps. In addition, the Microsoft Store is now officially accepting submissions for apps...
  9. Online Applications using extreme amounts of bandwidth -- need help!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Online Applications using extreme amounts of bandwidth -- need help!: Hi there I've been using this pc for a few months without trouble. I use it to play online games such as Heroes of the Storm and mmos but recently online applications have been taking up extreme amounts of bandwidth. I originally thought it was malware of some kind but...
  10. Windows 10: Native MKV support becomes official

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Native MKV support becomes official: Last month, not long after Windows 10 9860 was released, Neowin (and its forum users) uncovered that MKV support was natively included with the build. While Microsoft, at that time, had not come forward about the inclusion of the codec, it seemed all but certain that this...