Windows 10: Windows 10 Netflix app 'runtime broker' process causes infinite loading circle

Discus and support Windows 10 Netflix app 'runtime broker' process causes infinite loading circle in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi after using netflix app extensively without issue, I recently got a odd issue where none of the content would load/buffer and would get a infinite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by 3rownz, Jan 15, 2019.

1. 3rownz Win User

Windows 10 Netflix app 'runtime broker' process causes infinite loading circle

Hi after using netflix app extensively without issue, I recently got a odd issue where none of the content would load/buffer and would get a infinite loading circle icon.

After I searched I found only one mension of a workaround fix: Netflix fix video

It basically shows the user ending the netflix nested runtime broker process from the task manager.

I believe the runtime broker is a process related to the windows store and all apps installed by the store have this.

This is not a proper fix for the issue, this has to be done everytime the netflix app is opened.

I have tried re-installing, store reset and updating the netlfix app but nothing changes.

Can someone recommned a real persistant solution?

:)

3rownz, Jan 15, 2019

2. Runtime Broker uses CPU and Memory when the Windows Store Facebook app is run

Hi Gordon,

Please be informed that Runtime Broker is a Windows process in Task Manager that helps manage permissions on your PC for apps from Windows Store. It ideally uses a few megabytes of memory, but in some cases, a faulty app might cause Runtime Broker to
    use up more.

Stop runtime broker from Task manager, and try to run App troubleshooter and check:

Try the followings steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “Hardware and Sound”

• Select Windows store apps.

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.
    Please post back with the updated status to assist you further.

Thank you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jan 15, 2019
  3. Runtime Broker is using too much cpu on a quadcore i5 3570k

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Runtime Broker is a Windows process in Task Manager that helps manage permissions on your PC for apps from Windows Store. It ideally uses a few megabytes of memory, but in some cases, a faulty app might cause Runtime Broker to use up more.

Stop runtime broker from Task manager, and try to run App troubleshooter and check:

Try the followings steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “Hardware and Sound”

• Select Windows store apps

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jan 15, 2019
  4. flagtrax Win User

Runtime Broker

While this adds credence to the fact that this is truly an issue, Even the Microsoft response is incomplete. To quote their page:

"•Runtime Broker is a Windows process in Task Manager that helps manage permissions on your PC for apps from Windows Store. It should only use a few megabytes of memory, but in some cases, a faulty app might cause Runtime Broker to use up to a gigabyte of RAM or more.
    •If your RAM use is high and your PC is running slowly, an app may be the cause of the problem. Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager and then, on the Processes tab, check to see how much memory Runtime Broker is using. If it’s using more than 15% of your memory, you probably have an issue with an app on your PC. To stop Runtime Broker from using so much memory, select Runtime Broker in the list, select End task to close Runtime Broker, and then restart your computer."

1. They address high memory usage, and don't even talk about CPU time. And of course it's not their fault, it's an apps fault. There should be a "trap" for that app! *Tongue
    2. As I've said before (in many different ways) why deploy an OS with such a horrible bug. This issue has been reported since windows 8! Microsoft deployed windows10 claiming to fix much of previous OS issues.
    3. If their answer is to disable it, or as in this instruction restart it, why is it needed in the first place.
    4. Restarting the pc every 10-15 minutes is absurd, which is what I'd have to do to keep up with Runtime broker's hunger.
    5. If one has to disable key attributes of windows 10, like Cortana, Live tiles, notifications, and more, to keep the system running, what's the point of having it in the first place? Those are the things people are upgrading for.

For me this OS has gotten way more hype than it deserves. When I first loaded Ubuntu as a dual boot system, (not there now, just so there is no misunderstanding) I had absolutely no issues running it. I'm not saying it was perfect but then again the Ubuntu community is not Microsoft!

flagtrax, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Netflix app 'runtime broker' process causes infinite loading circle - Similar Threads - Netflix app 'runtime

2. Runtime Broker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Runtime Broker: how can i stop the Runtime Broker from being on Task Bar.i have around 4 to 5 Runtime Broker.i end the process , again it comes back.Please any idea. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/runtime-broker/8fe62d65-3022-44d9-b8f7-ee30e686ca3e
  3. Huge app Runtime Broker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Huge app Runtime Broker: New Dell laptop has just automatically started downloading Runtime Broker - over 1 gb! I stopped it when I saw this as this seems counter to this site's info. What do I do?...
  4. runtime broker

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    runtime broker: Hello there , I disabled the runtime broker from the registry but still there are 3 processes running, rebooted also. note: I'm not use any windows apps and already disabled notifications and the "get tips from windows..." [ATTACH]...
  5. Runtime Broker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Runtime Broker: Hey everyone, I don’t really need help just was curious. I saw 3-4 runtime broker processes running in my task manager and wanted to know if that’s typical. They use a very small amount of ram and I’ve done some googling and know what the process does but can’t find anything...
  6. runtime broker

in Windows 10 Customization
    runtime broker: Windows defender keeps blocking something in drive c:...\runtimer broker.exe\trying to change something in %userprofile%\pictures I'm getting 40 plus notifications a day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/runtime-broker/53b556fe-9bf6-48aa-a73c-de5932fe380f
  7. Runtime broker !

in Windows 10 Customization
    Runtime broker !: For quite a few weeks now I seem to be getting this message fairly frequently when I click on "Setting's" in Windows 10. As anyone got any ideas what is causing it ? RuntimeBroker The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation ! Read...
  8. Runtime Broker Process

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Runtime Broker Process: Periodically I notice a lot of LAN traffic from my PC and looking at Task Mgr I see it is from Runtime Broker that uses 30% CPU. I've looked at what it is for (intermediary between apps and their use of permissions) but the mystery is that it is accessing my NAS device and...
  9. Runtime Broker

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Runtime Broker: Hi there. My CPU temp kept being elevated. After doing a lot of troubleshooting and also reseating and applying fresh thermal paste, I finally realized that the CPU load was causing a serious problem, and it all pointed to Runtime Broker. When I delete the task, my CPU temp...
  10. runtime broker

in Windows 10 Support
    runtime broker: This keeps using more and more memory, my disk usage is 100%, can someone tell em what this is, how to fix it, please!!!! microsoft forums are useless 9301

Users found this page by searching for:

1. netflix runtime broker

2. netflix infinite loading in windows 10 app

3. runtime broker affinity

4. Netflix desktop app runtime broker,
  5. netflix app runtime broker,
  6. runtime broker netflix