Windows 10: Windows 10. Network adapter driver keeps requesting the adapter to reset, causing frequent...

Discus and support Windows 10. Network adapter driver keeps requesting the adapter to reset, causing frequent... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This problem began yesterday. Periodically, my windows 10 desktop would drop all connections, and display a globe as the network icon. Upon inspecting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SpencerHonaker, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Windows 10. Network adapter driver keeps requesting the adapter to reset, causing frequent...

This problem began yesterday. Periodically, my windows 10 desktop would drop all connections, and display a globe as the network icon. Upon inspecting event viewer, I am met with the following.

Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-NDIS
    Date: 6/2/2020 9:49:31 PM
    Event ID: 10400
    Task Category: None
    Level: Warning
    Keywords:
    User: N/A
    Computer: DESKTOP-PSMH6BI
    Description:
    The network interface "IntelR Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets. Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset. This network interface has reset 1 times since it was last initialized.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-NDIS" Guid="{cdead503-17f5-4a3e-b7ae-df8cc2902eb9}" />
    <EventID>10400</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>3</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x2000000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-06-03T01:49:31.0486702Z" />
    <EventRecordID>11739</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation ActivityID="{62710acd-422d-4857-b24b-8fbcf1382cf3}" />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="3836" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-PSMH6BI</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="IfGuid">{62710acd-422d-4857-b24b-8fbcf1382cf3}</Data>
    <Data Name="IfIndex">11</Data>
    <Data Name="IfLuid">19985273102270464</Data>
    <Data Name="AdapterName">IntelR Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260</Data>
    <Data Name="ResetReason">3</Data>
    <Data Name="ResetCount">1</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

This error repeats after five seconds, filling up my event log with numerous errors. I went to make dinner earlier and came back to find an error that stated that it had reset over a thousand times.

I have since done the following after searching for solutions.

-Uninstalled the network adapter and it's drivers, and manually installing the latest drivers after device manager re scanned for the adapter.
    -Unchecked the option under Power Management to allow the computer to disable the adapter for power purposes.

I can temporarily fix the loss of internet by manually disabling and enabling the adapter via control panel, but it only maintains a connection for a few minutes at most. If anyone who has experienced similar issues before and can share their tips , or if someone can point me in the direction for better advise it would be appreciated.

:)

SpencerHonaker, Jun 2, 2020
  2. Kashegan Win User

Resetting Network Adapter

While I have read several suggestions for resetting the network adapter, they all involve rebooting the PC. I am wondering why the Windows Network and Internet troubleshooter doesn't reboot after resetting the adapter? Whatever it does appears (mostly) to solve my network connection issues and a solution that doean't involve rebooting would be an improvement.

Kashegan, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Network adapter keeps disabling

Hi Taran,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you with the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know what is the make and model of the computer?

The issue you are facing could be due network adapter driver is being outdated. Let’s try simple steps troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. Follow the below methods:

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run Network troubleshooter, it will automatically troubleshoot the network problem and check. If it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Network troubleshooter.

• Click on Advanced on the Network troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Network troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method.

Method 2.

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the network adapter driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for Network adaptor and click on it expand it.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done installing the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic network adapter driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the network driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the device and click on update.

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10. Network adapter driver keeps requesting the adapter to reset, causing frequent...

Windows 10 - Cannot connect to WiFi. How to uninstall network adapter driver?

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Windows icon on the taskbar.
    • Select Control panel.
    • Click on network and sharing center.
    • At the left top corner click on Change adapter settings.
    • There you will be able to see the Driver name of the network Adapter next to the Icon.
    • Then you can go to device manager and check for that network adapter and you can uninstall the driver.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10. Network adapter driver keeps requesting the adapter to reset, causing frequent...

1. Windows 10. Network adapter driver keeps requesting the adapter to reset, causing frequent... - Similar Threads - Network adapter driver

2. Network reset cause problems with my network adapters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network reset cause problems with my network adapters: I was trying to run vmware on my laptop but the virtual adapters weren't available So i tried network reset After that all my network adapters disappeared When go to drives it has error code 56I tried everything like cmd commands , network reset again , uninstall drive and...
  3. Network reset cause problems with my network adapters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network reset cause problems with my network adapters: I was trying to run vmware on my laptop but the virtual adapters weren't available So i tried network reset After that all my network adapters disappeared When go to drives it has error code 56I tried everything like cmd commands , network reset again , uninstall drive and...
  4. Network Adapter Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network Adapter Driver: Since I upgraded to Windows 10, I had some issues with audio and video so i used LatencyMon, which told me i have problems with the Network driver, so i tried updating it. My Network adapter is: Qualcomm Atheros AR8171/8175 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS 6.30 I...
  5. Network adapter keeps resetting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network adapter keeps resetting: Hi, my network adapter keeps disconnecting and resetting itself. I first encountered the problem a few weeks ago but only for once or so per month. But now the problem has become really painful. My network adapter FRITZ!WLAN USB Stick AC 430 MU-MIMO, has also happened with...
  6. Windows 10 network adapters disabling frequently

Windows 10 network adapters disabling frequently: I have a Dell Precision 7520 with Windows 10 installed. The Ethernet adapter and wireless adapter are frequently disabling. When I can get them enabled again, they don't always communicate with the network, even with a statically assigned IP. I have opened a support...
  7. Network Adapter Driver

in Windows 10 Customization
    Network Adapter Driver: Recently I've been having the "Cannot Connect to this network" problem. I've looked around to fix it, and I found a website that instructed the following: Type "Device Manager" into the search field to open the device manager console. .. Expand the "Network Adapters"...
  8. Resetting Network Adapter

Resetting Network Adapter: While I have read several suggestions for resetting the network adapter, they all involve rebooting the PC. I am wondering why the Windows Network and Internet troubleshooter doesn't reboot after resetting the adapter? Whatever it does appears (mostly) to solve my network...
  9. Wifi network adapter requires reset very frequently

Wifi network adapter requires reset very frequently: Hi I need to reset my wi-fi adapter details are given below: SSID: AMEYA Protocol: 802.11n Security type: WPA2-Personal Network band: 2.4 GHz Manufacturer: Qualcomm Atheros Communications Inc. Description: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9565 802.11b|g|n WiFi Adapter Driver...
  10. Reset Network Adapters in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Network Adapters in Windows 10: How to: Reset Network Adapters in Windows 10 How to Cleanup and Reset Network Adapters in Windows 10 The netcfg –d command can help solve connection problems you might have after upgrading from a previous version of Windows to Windows 10, as well as fix problems where...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. network keeps disconnecting ndis reset 10400