Windows 10: Windows 10 Network Alternative?

Discus and support Windows 10 Network Alternative? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; so are there any 3rd party software alternatives to windows networking or even hardware alternatives, something that i can use to network my windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by aeneas1, May 13, 2021.

1. aeneas1 Win User

Windows 10 Network Alternative?

so are there any 3rd party software alternatives to windows networking or even hardware alternatives, something that i can use to network my windows 10 machines that will actually work reliably? i have 3 windows 10 machines (1 home edition, 2 pro) on a family network and the network always fails for one reason or another, networked pcs will disappear from view... oddly, the home edition machine is the only one that is always visible on all three machines, at all times, nothing can shake it (windows updates, outages, etc.) it just always works. at this point i'm not at all interested in troubleshooting my network, i've done that ad nauseam for years and years, instead i'm just looking / hoping for an alternative to windows built-in networking. thanks in advance.

:)

aeneas1, May 13, 2021

2. iPad alternatives in a company network

As the title says, what alternatives can you suggest to the iPad which will be used in a company network. It doesn't need to play video or gamesbut has to have features like exchange connectivity, automatic deployment, remote management, external connections to a beamer for instance, printing, etc.
    Suggestions for features I haven't thought of are welcome as well.

DanTheBanjoman, May 13, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 13, 2021
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Network Alternative? - Similar Threads - Network Alternative

2. How to change the default network adapter used by applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the default network adapter used by applications: I have a server that I administer running Windows 10 Pro, version 22H2. It has two wired network adapters: Adapter 1 is connected to the local data network with an internet connection; Adapter 2 is a CCTV network with no internet access. Generally everything communicates...
  3. How to change the default network adapter used by applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the default network adapter used by applications: I have a server that I administer running Windows 10 Pro, version 22H2. It has two wired network adapters: Adapter 1 is connected to the local data network with an internet connection; Adapter 2 is a CCTV network with no internet access. Generally everything communicates...
  4. How to change the default network adapter used by applications

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 11 is not updating under the LANS network Ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is not updating under the LANS network Ethernet: Windows 11 is not updating under the LANS network Ethernet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-is-not-updating-under-the-lans-network/ea25e19c-ae13-4fdb-8e99-3489de5088f0
  6. Windows 11 is not updating under the LANS network Ethernet

Windows 11 is not updating under the LANS network Ethernet: Windows 11 is not updating under the LANS network Ethernet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-is-not-updating-under-the-lans-network/ea25e19c-ae13-4fdb-8e99-3489de5088f0
  7. Difficulty Accessing Shared Network Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difficulty Accessing Shared Network Drive: Hi there, I'm having trouble accessing a shared network drive from my work computer. Every time I try to connect, I receive an error message stating that the drive cannot be found. I've double-checked the network settings and ensured that I have the correct permissions. Could...
  8. Is there any alternative to the windows 11 startup network setup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any alternative to the windows 11 startup network setup?: I have a ROG Strix GL 503 VD with a developer build of Windows 11. I tried a reset on this today through the settings itself. The reset completed but now when my Laptop turned on the startup to windows 11 is stuck at the network settings where I have to connect a network but...
  9. Is there any alternative to the windows 11 startup network setup?

Is there any alternative to the windows 11 startup network setup?: I have a ROG Strix GL 503 VD with a developer build of Windows 11. I tried a reset on this today through the settings itself. The reset completed but now when my Laptop turned on the startup to windows 11 is stuck at the network settings where I have to connect a network but...
  10. Network Settings Alternate DNS Windows 10 1903

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Settings Alternate DNS Windows 10 1903: While troubleshooting network problems, I tried setting the IPV4 address manually and noticed the forth octet of an IPV4 Alternate DNS setting had been truncated from two digits to one digit. On my network the 4th octet of an IPV4 address should have been a two digit number,...