Windows 10: Windows 10 Network Always Disconnected on Startup

Discus and support Windows 10 Network Always Disconnected on Startup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have a new Windows 10 desktop PC with an Ethernet cable to connect to the internet. Every time I start Windows 10 the network is disconnected.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Axon1982, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Axon1982 Win User

Windows 10 Network Always Disconnected on Startup

Hi,

I have a new Windows 10 desktop PC with an Ethernet cable to connect to the internet.

Every time I start Windows 10 the network is disconnected. I can fix by going to the Ethernet adapter and selecting 'disabled' and then selecting 'enabled'. After disabling and re-enabling, the adapter works fine so I know it is not a hardware issue. But next time I startup, the network is disabled again. This is a pain because I don't want to have to fix this every time I start up.

I noticed that during Windows 10 startup, when I get to the Windows logon screen, there is a no network symbol in the bottom right globe with no entry symbol. If I hover over this symbol, a panel appears with Airplane mode greyed out so I can't change it. I assume airplane mode is a symptom and not a cause of the problem.

Windows 10 Network Always Disconnected on Startup a4eff9a2-5c86-432a-bb12-903615f823b4?upload=true.jpg

I have already tried going to the adapter properties and unchecking "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" screenshot below. I have also gone to advanced properties and turned off "Energy Efficient Ethernet" screenshot below. I even tried a clean boot but even then the PC started with network disconnected. None of this has fixed it.

Any solution would be gratefully received. Thanks.

Windows 10 Network Always Disconnected on Startup [​IMG] Windows 10 Network Always Disconnected on Startup 93d48925-2bc7-47c2-b62e-7c0bab5c8505?upload=true.jpg

:)

Axon1982, Sep 3, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Sep 3, 2020
  3. Windows 10 frequently disconnects from Network

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter
    Method 2: Try updating the latest Network Adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

• Follow the steps to update the Network Adapter drivers:
    • Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand Network Adapter.
    • Right-click on the Ethernet and click on Update driver software.
    • Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 3, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Network Always Disconnected on Startup - Similar Threads - Network Always Disconnected

2. Internet disconnects on startup windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet disconnects on startup windows 10: Hi,Whenever i startup my pc the internet disconnects , sometimes it'll connect back again on its own , and sometimes i'll need to connect on my own , usually it happens like once or twice on startup , its really annoying and i dont know what to do , I recently downgraded from...
  3. Internet disconnects on startup windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet disconnects on startup windows 10: Hi,Whenever i startup my pc the internet disconnects , sometimes it'll connect back again on its own , and sometimes i'll need to connect on my own , usually it happens like once or twice on startup , its really annoying and i dont know what to do , I recently downgraded from...
  4. Internet disconnects on startup windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet disconnects on startup windows 10

6. Internet disconnects on startup windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Internet disconnects on startup windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Why is my Ethernet always disconnected on system startup?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is my Ethernet always disconnected on system startup?: I don't know if an update changed something, but lately my PC has no internet via Ethernet or Wifi until I reboot my modem/router. Every other device in my house works as normal, but for my PC I've had to reboot my modem daily. This began suddenly about 2 days ago.I've...
  9. Why is my Ethernet always disconnected on system startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my Ethernet always disconnected on system startup?: I don't know if an update changed something, but lately my PC has no internet via Ethernet or Wifi until I reboot my modem/router. Every other device in my house works as normal, but for my PC I've had to reboot my modem daily. This began suddenly about 2 days ago.I've...
  10. Why is my Ethernet always disconnected on system startup?