Windows 10: Windows 10 network can't access other computers

Discus and support Windows 10 network can't access other computers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have setup file sharing on my computer and 2 laptops. MY laptops can access the shared files from all devices but my computer cannot access files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by priyesh99, Mar 3, 2020.

1. priyesh99 Win User

Windows 10 network can't access other computers

I have setup file sharing on my computer and 2 laptops. MY laptops can access the shared files from all devices but my computer cannot access files from my laptop. When attempting to connect from my computer I receive the error Windows cannot accesss \\Laptop... . I set up a network drive with raspberry pi where my laptops can access the drive but my computer can't. I have tried various solutions from the internet to no avail. My computer runs Windows 10 education.

:)

priyesh99, Mar 3, 2020
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 3, 2020
  4. astrakan Win User

windows 10 loosing local network access

Hi,

Well, frequently, I'm unable to access folders on my laptop (or desktop from laptop).
    Then I run network troubleshooting and windows says me the same thing again: one or more network protocols are not installed and necessary for connectivity. Then I accept the correction and I can access my network until the next time it will fail and will say me the same thing. One day, perhaps 3 if I am lucky.
    IT'S MASSIVELY BORING !! *Smile Windows 10 network can't access other computers :)

Any clue ?

astrakan, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 network can't access other computers - Similar Threads - network can't access

2. Can't access other computer in network but other can access mine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access other computer in network but other can access mine: so i cant acces other computer via network sharing but other computer can access mine. im in windows 11 newest version please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-other-computer-in-network-but-other/47ecbb83-f674-4a16-8b3b-9d94630e132e
  3. Can't access other computer in network but other can access mine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access other computer in network but other can access mine: so i cant acces other computer via network sharing but other computer can access mine. im in windows 11 newest version please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-other-computer-in-network-but-other/47ecbb83-f674-4a16-8b3b-9d94630e132e
  4. Can't access the other Windows 11 computers on my home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access the other Windows 11 computers on my home network: Since upgrading to Windows 11, my ASUS PC and all DELL laptops on my home network can see each other and can see all computer folders. Unfortunately, they are not permitted access to files despite having set up file sharing. I am always told that my Network Credentials are...
  5. Can't access files on other network computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access files on other network computers: I have four computers all attached to my home network. Until recently, I had been able to access documents across all my computers while attched to the home network. That has all disappeared. I can't even find the computers when I select Network in Windows Explorer. The...
  6. Accessing other Windows 10 computers across a network

Accessing other Windows 10 computers across a network: I have several Windows 10 Pro desktop computers which are used for image, video and sound editing and often need to move files between computers to access different programs. On all these computers I use my Microsoft account with an identical PIN to go login. When I try...
  7. Can't access other computers on network

Can't access other computers on network: Of course it was working fine when on 1803 (after lots of tinkering) but now on 1809 I can't get to my other computers. I turned off password protection in network sharing so at least I can bring up the other computers but when I try to access the user etc I get access...
  8. can't access network drives on other computers,

can't access network drives on other computers,: I'm livid, I have three computers, one running windows 7, one running windows 10 pro and a new one with windows 10 home. I had some trouble but finally was able to make the files available between the windows 10 pro and the windows 7 computer, but this stupid windows 10...
  9. Windows 10 asks for network credentials to access other computers on network

Windows 10 asks for network credentials to access other computers on network: Why does MS make it a constant struggle to access other computers on a homegroup. Every time there is an update for windows 10 I have to reestablish my homegroup on all of my home network computers to share or copy files. Frankly it is a royal pain. Thanks Joe...
  10. Accessing other computers on the network...Help!

Accessing other computers on the network...Help!: I have a couple servers on my network. I re-installed windows on my main desktop yesterday and I can't access the servers now. All the network discovery buttons are checked yes. The network servers are accessible through two other Windows 10 laptops. After some searching on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows10 homegroup setup