Windows 10: Windows 10 network connection issue

Discus and support Windows 10 network connection issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am currently Win 10 ver 1909, on an Acer laptop. I have been experiencing loss of internet. It still shows connected and secured. However, I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TomPhillips8, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Windows 10 network connection issue

I am currently Win 10 ver 1909, on an Acer laptop. I have been experiencing loss of internet. It still shows connected and secured. However, I cannot connect to a site. I have used all the self help troubleshooting available with Win 10, and the problem cannot be found. The only way I can correct the problem is to do a complete shutdown and then reboot. I tried running an ethernet cable from the router - no luck. I do have a desk top connected via wi-fi to the same router and works perfectly. Any thoughts?

***Original Title: Loss of internet wi-fi***

:)

TomPhillips8, Apr 29, 2020
  2. Mel Tar Win User

No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Aquinus Win User

Windows 10 network connection issue

Windows 10 Ethernet connection randomly disconnects

I suggest checking out the event log in Windows. It's likely going to tell you why (to some degree,) why the network connection was lost. I haven't had this issue with wired connections but, with wireless it has almost always come down to drivers or a strange software bug which boiled down to how the driver operates.

Aquinus, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 network connection issue

1. Windows 10 network connection issue - Similar Threads - network connection issue

2. windows 10 internet connection and network issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 internet connection and network issues: I just purchased the below pc in April:Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHzInstalled RAM 12.0 GB 11.8 GB usableSystem type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorEvery time my lock screen comes on I not only lose my internet connection, my...
  3. Windows 10 Pro and Network Connectivity issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Pro and Network Connectivity issues: I have crawled through many posts in Google regarding this and cannot find a solution that explains this. I have a Dell Optiplex 790 running a clean copy of Windows 10Pro. For some reason, the network connection will randomly just stop working. The settings are all there but...
  4. Network & Connectivity Issue

Network & Connectivity Issue: Hello When i connect to my mobile hotspot, after some time it gets automatically disconnected with a notification saying Action Needed to open browser. When i click on the notification it reconnects and opensmsn.com in the browser. Why does this Happen???...
  5. Network and Connectivity Issues

Network and Connectivity Issues: Hello Experts, I’m using Windows 10 for more than an year now. While the problem with wifi connectivity is common and it started for me as soon as i upgraded to windows 10, it has become unbearable now. I can see many wifi listed but can’t see my own modem’s wifi in the...
  6. Windows 10 network issue. Restoring Network Connections.

Windows 10 network issue. Restoring Network Connections.: Hi, I have a couple of users now who have reported that they experience issues while connecting to the network drives. This happens randomly so it is actually hard to reproduce the problem. This has happened when the employee is working remotely and also when the employee...
  7. network connection issues

network connection issues: hello i am having trouble connecting to my home network with my laptop, my phone and TV are connected and working fine and when i turn on my hotspot on my phone my laptop can connect any help would be appreciated thank you in advance...
  8. Windows 10 1803 Network Connectivity issue

Windows 10 1803 Network Connectivity issue: Hi, We are expericeing an issue with Windows 10 1803, I know there are online forums and articles filled on the issues of 1803 (looks like a bad version of Windows 10). This issue we have is a strange one, With Windows 10 1803, we are unable to get IP address through...
  9. Network Connection Issue?

Network Connection Issue?: Something strange is happening here. I am able to connect to the internet/RDP/DB on my server, receive ping requests, but it's showing an exclamation mark on the network icon and when I view the network information it says: Unknown: The dependency service or group failed...
  10. networking or connectivity issues

networking or connectivity issues: Hi all, I have couple of bizarre issues with network and sharing. Issue 1: WiFi Printer * Windows can't detect WiFi printer * after many troubleshooting, I was able to 'discover' it but can't really use it for scanning or printing * After a PC reboot, the...