Windows 10: Windows 10 network delay and timeout

Discus and support Windows 10 network delay and timeout in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm having a rather interesting problem across every device in my home running Windows 10. I try and go to a website, any website on any browser on any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnnyRader, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Windows 10 network delay and timeout

I'm having a rather interesting problem across every device in my home running Windows 10. I try and go to a website, any website on any browser on any of the computers, and theres a high chance it times out. However, if I use the "troubleshoot network" option on the task bar, as if by magic, the websites load, even on other computers.

Ex. I used my laptop to go to youtube, and as it was having a hard item loading, i used my main PCs option of "troubleshoot network" and the site loaded on the laptop.

Ive replaced literally every part of my home network in an attempt to rectify the situation. My isp ran a new fiber line on the road ( last reseort, cost a pretty penny), a new copper line to my home, upgraded my NID, new inwire, and a brand new wall jack and modem. My network goes as follows

Modem-> network gigabit switch -> Xbox, computer, Magic jack, Apple air port, and Netgear wifi router. Over Wifi is my laptop, a few phones, 2 tablets, and other wifi enabled devices in my home.

Apple airport is used for a mesh network setup for a few access points (block house so running hard line is a pain)

Laptop is brand new as of 2018, and my tower pc has a new motherboard.

Gigabit switch is only about 4 years old, and ive used several others to see if it was the problem, but the problem remained.

So since i've LITERALLY reparteed every part of my network i'm at a total loss.

My question is, anyone ever have this issue? what was the solution you found?

:)

JohnnyRader, Jul 28, 2019

2. No network connectivity after Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response:

I would suggest you to run Network troubleshooter.

Try the following steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select “Network Adapter”

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Jul 28, 2019
  3. Pinchy Win User
    Windows server 2003 timeouts

I just built my new server PC and installed windows server 2003.

The problem I get is when I am on the server (not my computer), I try to copy a large file/folder from my computer to the server, and it times out (like 300mb+, anything under generally goes through without probs).

The strange thing is though, if I send data from the server to my computer (just tested an 800mb folder), it goes through without hassles.

(ALL by operating on the server computer, my computer remains untouched, just powered on to access the drives)

Just a bit of a background, I have installed a gigabit network card into the server via PCI. When I use the onboard 10/100 network, there are no timeouts. I figure its some sort of a setting (doubt its a firewall, esp seeing as it works fine with the onboard 10/100)

The timeout message is something along the lines of: "Can't find the network anymore" (even though the network is still up and running)

Thanks in adv *Smile Windows 10 network delay and timeout :)

Pinchy, Jul 28, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 network delay and timeout

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 network delay and timeout

1. Windows 10 network delay and timeout - Similar Threads - network delay timeout

2. How to delay mounting network drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delay mounting network drives: Hi there! i'm running windows 10 PRO ver 1909, and i bought a synology NAS. Since the first day, after mapping the network drives, i noticed everytime i reboot my laptop, windows tries to mount the drives first (or so it seems), as the wifi takes a sec longer to connect, it...
  3. How to delay mounting network drives

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delay mounting network drives: Hi there! i'm running windows 10 PRO ver 1909, and i bought a synology NAS. Since the first day, after mapping the network drives, i noticed everytime i reboot my laptop, windows tries to mount the drives first (or so it seems), as the wifi takes a sec longer to connect, it...
  4. Delayed networking start, update 2004.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delayed networking start, update 2004.: Hi, I'm not sure if others are experiencing this, or if it's a known bug or whatnot but I couldn't find anything from my quick Googling. I updated to 2004 (build 19041.388) a couple of weeks back to test WSL2. In the main I have 0 issues and it's a decent release (WSL is...
  5. Windows 10 Windows Mail timeout

Windows 10 Windows Mail timeout: How do I fix the time out issue on Windows 10 Windows Mail app? Whenever I open the Windows Mail app, it will stay open for a few minutes and then close down completely. It is not crashing just shuts down and disappear from the task manager so it is not runnig....
  6. Delay in wifi network detection

Delay in wifi network detection: For the last couple of days there has been a delay on detecting any wifi networks when my laptop is woken from sleep. Connects fine once it sees the network and detects and connects perfectly well when fisrt switched on. I have tried updating the driver, and also turning off...
  7. windows 10 notification delay?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 notification delay?: I just received a notification that an iPhone has been plugged into my laptop and to choose what to do with my device. The thing is there was nothing connected to my laptop, since 12 hours ago. Is this a notification delay or could this be a something entirely else? Normally...
  8. Windows 10 screen timeout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 screen timeout: Screen timeout setting at 20 minutes battery, 30 minutes line power. After setting, reboot and screen does not timeout for 30 minutes when plugged in. Manually put device to sleep, and upon waking, screen timeout is back down to about 2 minutes. How about fixing this...
  9. 5-10 sec. delay opening network connection

5-10 sec. delay opening network connection: I have two very similar desktop PCs, both running Win10 from when they were built, perhaps six months ago. Same Intel processor, same Intel network adapter and driver. On one machine, there is a 5-10 second delay before network connection is established, every time that the...
  10. Delay in accessing network PC

Delay in accessing network PC: I have 2 PCs networked thru a Zyxel router which has just been replaced. Both PCs are Windows 10 Home. Network Connection On Desktop PC shows connection to be Ethernet. On Laptop the connection shows Local Area Network. I'm not sure if that normal or how to change that. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 network timeout

2. network timeout win 10

3. win 10 network timeout

4. network delay windows 10