Windows 10: Windows 10 network drive not showing up as a drive

Discus and support Windows 10 network drive not showing up as a drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I mapped a network drive to letter B and it worked until I restarted my computer. After I restarted it is no longer under the PC tab with all the other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dan201210, Jun 25, 2022.

1. Dan201210 Win User

Windows 10 network drive not showing up as a drive

I mapped a network drive to letter B and it worked until I restarted my computer. After I restarted it is no longer under the PC tab with all the other drives. I can still go to the network tab and click on the system name and folder and access it that way, but this is inconvenient and odd. I tried to remap it, but it just seems to gobble up the drive letter and still not show up as a drive. When I go to unmap it however the system says there are no drives to unmap. When it worked originally is would show up as \\192.168.0.2\my_dataB: in drives. But it seems to want to replace the ip address

:)

Dan201210, Jun 25, 2022
  2. Frn747 Win User

Network drive not showing in elevated apps

Hi everybody,

I am using W10 Home and I have just done a clean install and I am in the process of customizing the system to my needs.

The problem I step into is this:
    I connected a new network drive from within Windows Explorer and if I open:
    - Command prompt window: Drive exist and it is listed by NET USE
    - Admin command prompt window: Drive DOESN'T exist and it is NOT listed by NET USE

I also use FreeCommander. When I launch it the UAC asks for my confirmation and the network drive doesn't show either.

I know it sounds stupid but I can't figure out what happens... *Confused

Thanks!

Frn747, Jun 25, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Drive Mapping showing Disconnected Network Drive

I have a NAS (WD My Cloud) on my home network and I have always added a drive on my networked computers using drive M as their Music drives. But recently My Network drive went down and I had to reinstall all the files on it's replacement drive. I gave
    the new network drive4 the same IP address on the network and everything else (All the other drive mappings for my Documents Drive, my Downloads drive, my Pictures drive, etc. Nut my music drive keeps showing Disconnected Network Drive. But now I cannot delete
    the drive mapping. It tells me Network drive does not exist. I have tried all of the suggestions from other threads including using Command prompt commands and everything else I have seen but it still shows up as a Disconnected Network drive. I can rename
    the drive as Music again and I can always access the drive4 even when it is listed as Disconnected Netowork Drive but I cannot add any more files to it and I cannot manipulate any of the files on the drive. I can listen to the music files through most of my
    players but I cannot edit any of the metadata on the files. How do I get my drive fully functional again?

Trent Perez, Jun 25, 2022
  4. Windows 10 network drive not showing up as a drive

little cat, Jun 25, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 network drive not showing up as a drive

1. Windows 10 network drive not showing up as a drive - Similar Threads - network drive showing

2. Windows 10 network drive not showing up as a drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 network drive not showing up as a drive: I mapped a network drive to letter B and it worked until I restarted my computer. After I restarted it is no longer under the PC tab with all the other drives. I can still go to the network tab and click on the system name and folder and access it that way, but this is...
  3. Windows 10 network drive not showing up as a drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 network drive not showing up as a drive: I mapped a network drive to letter B and it worked until I restarted my computer. After I restarted it is no longer under the PC tab with all the other drives. I can still go to the network tab and click on the system name and folder and access it that way, but this is...
  4. Windows 10 Network Drives/Computers Not Showing

Windows 10 Network Drives/Computers Not Showing: I am aware of many other questions/suggestions about this. I have tried many. Sorry if this seems a repeat but the solutions/suggestions to the other entries do not seem to work, well not permanently, anyway. On two computers now on Windows 10 build 2004 laptop and 20H2...
  5. After update, External hard drive shows up as a network drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After update, External hard drive shows up as a network drive: MS did it again. I made no changes whatsoever to anything and now this. External 1TB HDD shows up as a network drive under "Network locations". External hard drive shows up as a network drive - - - Updated - - - [img] - - - Updated - - - I see the 4 internal SSDs but...
  6. Thumbnails not showing on network drive but on local drives.

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails not showing on network drive but on local drives.: Hello, I have a strange problem. I just finished my new rig and installed win 10 pro. I also have the latest version and all the updates. When I go to my NAS the explorer doesn't show thumbnails anymore(gif,png,jpg etc.). On my local drives, they are showing. I already...
  7. Windows 10 Drive Mapping showing Disconnected Network Drive

Windows 10 Drive Mapping showing Disconnected Network Drive: I have a NAS (WD My Cloud) on my home network and I have always added a drive on my networked computers using drive M as their Music drives. But recently My Network drive went down and I had to reinstall all the files on it's replacement drive. I gave the new network drive4...
  8. Network Shared Hard Drives not showing up.

Network Shared Hard Drives not showing up.: I've shared two hard drives over a network from a PC in my home in order to back up to them. Problem is, they've only worked once, and I had to reset the network to get them to appear. Ever since then they don't show up anymore when both computers are on and connected to the...
  9. Network drive not showing up (Samba)

Network drive not showing up (Samba): Windows 10 x64 14393.479 External USB drive ethernet connected to my router, Samba enabled. Recently I freshly installed Windows 10. Before that whilst the pre-anniversery version, the external drive showed up under 'Network' in the Explorer tree and I could create folders...
  10. Drive not showing up when trying to map a network drive (Laptop)

Drive not showing up when trying to map a network drive (Laptop): Someone please help me. I am trying to set up our server which we have on my sisters new laptop. when I go to 'map network drive' and click 'browse' the server called 'BGE-B-NAS' doesn't appear on the list. I have tried multiple times and nothing seems to be working. I also...