Windows 10: Windows 10 Network Drives/Computers Not Showing

Discus and support Windows 10 Network Drives/Computers Not Showing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am aware of many other questions/suggestions about this. I have tried many. Sorry if this seems a repeat but the solutions/suggestions to the other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BoathouseStores, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Network Drives/Computers Not Showing

I am aware of many other questions/suggestions about this. I have tried many. Sorry if this seems a repeat but the solutions/suggestions to the other entries do not seem to work, well not permanently, anyway.

On two computers now on Windows 10 build 2004 laptop and 20H2 desktop on startup these computers cannot see each other or two NAS drives. Internet works fine. I am reasonably tech savvy but not expert. All the usual options have been checked - Network Sharing on etc. and I have tried a myriad of suggestions posted here and elsewhere including firewall changes. Problem is recent - post build 2004 for the desktop and pre build 2004 for the laptop. Very unlikely to be router at fault.

Currently, the only solution that works is -

After a start I have a batch file that runs Netsh winsock reset, int ip reset, ipconfig release, renew and flushdns. Follow this with a restart shutting down and starting does not work, has to be restart then all my computers and NAS drives are fully operational. Works on laptop and desktop.

My laptop has a SSD and is quite quick to boot, my desktop takes a while and when I am busy, this is a pain in the neck.

One day things will just work - that would be nice.

:)

BoathouseStores, Nov 3, 2020

2. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Windows 10 Network Drives/Computers Not Showing partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Nov 3, 2020
  3. Frn747 Win User
    Network drive not showing in elevated apps

Hi everybody,

I am using W10 Home and I have just done a clean install and I am in the process of customizing the system to my needs.

The problem I step into is this:
    I connected a new network drive from within Windows Explorer and if I open:
    - Command prompt window: Drive exist and it is listed by NET USE
    - Admin command prompt window: Drive DOESN'T exist and it is NOT listed by NET USE

I also use FreeCommander. When I launch it the UAC asks for my confirmation and the network drive doesn't show either.

I know it sounds stupid but I can't figure out what happens... *Confused

Thanks!

Frn747, Nov 3, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Network Drives/Computers Not Showing

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Network Drives/Computers Not Showing

1. Windows 10 Network Drives/Computers Not Showing - Similar Threads - Network Drives Computers

2. Map Drive not showing on network computers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Map Drive not showing on network computers.: Hi,I'm trying to add a mapped drive on a pc that we are using as a basic file server. The pc already has shared folders which are accessible from all pc's without issue. The only reason we require the mapped drive is that one item of software is having issues without...
  3. Map Drive not showing on network computers.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Map Drive not showing on network computers.: Hi,I'm trying to add a mapped drive on a pc that we are using as a basic file server. The pc already has shared folders which are accessible from all pc's without issue. The only reason we require the mapped drive is that one item of software is having issues without...
  4. Map Drive not showing on network computers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 network drive not showing up as a drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 network drive not showing up as a drive: I mapped a network drive to letter B and it worked until I restarted my computer. After I restarted it is no longer under the PC tab with all the other drives. I can still go to the network tab and click on the system name and folder and access it that way, but this is...
  6. Windows 10 network drive not showing up as a drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 network drive not showing up as a drive: I mapped a network drive to letter B and it worked until I restarted my computer. After I restarted it is no longer under the PC tab with all the other drives. I can still go to the network tab and click on the system name and folder and access it that way, but this is...
  7. Windows 10 network drive not showing up as a drive

8. Windows 10 Pro network will not show on network computers

Windows 10 Pro network will not show on network computers: I installed win 10 pro and have been unable to share files or folders in my privat network.Tried lots of tips from youtube no effectAll other computers work and share just one is blocked.Help!!!!...
  9. Windows 10 Drive Mapping showing Disconnected Network Drive

Windows 10 Drive Mapping showing Disconnected Network Drive: I have a NAS (WD My Cloud) on my home network and I have always added a drive on my networked computers using drive M as their Music drives. But recently My Network drive went down and I had to reinstall all the files on it's replacement drive. I gave the new network drive4...
  10. Network Computer Windows 10 Shows No Folders

Network Computer Windows 10 Shows No Folders: A Dell laptop running Windows 10 is set up on my home network. It is seen by my Dell desktop in File Explorer under Network. When clicking on the icon for this computer, it goes to it but displays no folders. The really strange thing is that when looking at file explorer...