Windows 10: Windows 10 Network File Sharing

Discus and support Windows 10 Network File Sharing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there any lightweight alternative for network file sharing? Current Windows 10 file sharing so unreliable and breaks so easily that i'm frankly sick... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lolrogii, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Network File Sharing

Is there any lightweight alternative for network file sharing? Current Windows 10 file sharing so unreliable and breaks so easily that i'm frankly sick of it. It seems every feature update it breaks in some way or another with some computers not being visible and/or accessible for god knows why. I find it amazing that after ~20 years Microsoft hasn't canned this god forsaken SMB protocol yet.

/rant

submitted by /u/lolrogii
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lolrogii, Jun 2, 2020

2. SHARING FILES WITH WINDOWS 7

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Have you made any changes on your PC?
    • Did you perform any Windows update recently?
    • Are you connected to Domain network?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if that helps.

1. To share files over file explorer refer the following

article
    2. Refer article for
      file sharing
      over a network.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking, Yes or No.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Block File sharing in Wifi network, Windows 10

Hi Lori,

As per the description, I understand that you want to block file sharing on your Wi-Fi network. I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Start and select Control Panel.
    • Change the view type to Large Icons.
    • Click on Network and Sharing center.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Advanced sharing center.
    • In the right pane, under Files and printer sharing, select the option:
      Turn off file and printer sharing.
    • Restart the system and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Network File Sharing

Cannot open network and sharing center in windows 10

Hi Aman,

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details

• Do you get any error message, when trying to open network and sharing center?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to fix the issue.

Method 1: Install all the Windows 10 pending updates and check if it helps.

I suggest you check for the pending updates in resolving the issue.

• In search type Check for updates and hit enter.

• Click on Check for updates.

• Windows 10 will automatically install all the pending updates.
    If the issue still persist, suggest you to try the below step to fix the issue.

Method 2: I suggest you to
    Run the DISM Tool and check.

The DISM tool checks the system health and will try to restore the files.

• Right click on the Start button, click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the
      Enter key after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    To close the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.

Reference: I suggest you to follow the steps recommended in the below article for any network connection issues.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this helps. If the issue persists, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Vidyashree_C, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Network File Sharing

1. Windows 10 Network File Sharing - Similar Threads - Network File Sharing

2. File sharing over a network in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File sharing over a network in Windows 10: File sharing over a network in Windows 10 allows you to share files and folders on your computer with other users over a private or public network in your workgroup or domain. Steps to Set Up File Sharing on a Windows PCNote: These steps needs to be done on each Windows PC...
  3. File sharing over a network in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File sharing over a network in Windows 10: File sharing over a network in Windows 10 allows you to share files and folders on your computer with other users over a private or public network in your workgroup or domain. Steps to Set Up File Sharing on a Windows PCNote: These steps needs to be done on each Windows PC...
  4. Windows Network File Sharing

Windows Network File Sharing: I have a Wired PC that uses an ethernet connection to the modem, while my laptop is using a wireless connection from the same modem. I am trying to use Window's network file sharing to sync the files from the PC to the laptop, but it says that the wired and wireless...
  5. File sharing on a Windows 10 network

File sharing on a Windows 10 network: I have no problem accessing my notebook files from my desktop. but can't access my desktop files from my notebook. Any files on my desktop for which I select Network sharing, appear on my notebook Network display, but when I click on them I get the message: : "Windows cannot...
  6. File sharing windows 10 network

File sharing windows 10 network: Hi all, I am running Win 10 home 64 bit on 2 PC's networked via Wi-Fi. I have a number of folders set to share on PC1. However, I can only see the shared folders if I type the network name in the search box. I used to be able to see them in File Explorer without...
  7. Windows 10 networking/file sharing problems

Windows 10 networking/file sharing problems: I recently upgraded a couple of computers on my network that were running Windows 7 to Windows 10. I also had another computer running Windows 7 replaced with a new computer running Windows 10. I have 5 computers total on my home wired network. One computer runs Windows 10...
  8. Windows 10 home network / file sharing

Windows 10 home network / file sharing: This is an extension of a thread of the same name in Feb 2019. I've been away for the last 2 weeks and now find I cannot reply on the earlier thread. So I'll start again with an expanded version of the problem. I have 3 Windows 10 computers connected over a wifi...
  9. windows 10 intermittent network file sharing

windows 10 intermittent network file sharing: windows 10 intermittent network file sharing , it used to work , and since the latest update to windows 10 , now is very intermittent , have multiple PCs , they all appear in network view , but intermittently can access files , other times just is not accessible , when is a...
  10. Windows 10 File Sharing on local network

Windows 10 File Sharing on local network: On my home network there are two PCs - call them A and B. Each PC has two user accounts - call them 1 and 2. The same user -name and login password is used on both PCs. Both PCs are running "Windows 10 Home" - no other version information is given in Control Panel/System....