Windows 10: Windows 10 network Icon has yellow triangle, stating No Internet Access, even though I have it.

Discus and support Windows 10 network Icon has yellow triangle, stating No Internet Access, even though I have it. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've tried everything to correct this. The only thing that works is rebooting into safe mode then reboot from safe mode back. The yellow triangle... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Chuck907, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Chuck907 Win User

Windows 10 network Icon has yellow triangle, stating No Internet Access, even though I have it.

I've tried everything to correct this. The only thing that works is rebooting into safe mode then reboot from safe mode back. The yellow triangle will be gone. But it returns on the next boot. It is driving me crazy.

:)

Chuck907, Dec 21, 2018
  2. Amor Win User

Internet is okay, but icon stays yellow triangle! Can you help?

Hello, Im using windows 10 Professional and I have a PPPoE broadband connection. But when I connect it, the icon stays yellow triangle which means no network.

Why does it happen?

Windows 10 network Icon has yellow triangle, stating No Internet Access, even though I have it. [​IMG]

Windows 10 network Icon has yellow triangle, stating No Internet Access, even though I have it. [​IMG]

3. gordonb Win User
    Network Icon Yellow Triangle - Windows 10 v1803

Dell workstation Optiplex 780, 7010
    Onboard network - Intel(R) 82567LM-3 Gigabit Network.

Problem: Yellow network icon but still able to surf the interent (webpages), but Internet icon shows the domain name but Not connected. Can ping out to external sites as well.

Started to have this issue with a few of our Dell workstations. The dreaded yellow triangle icon on the network icon has appeared, with users still able to surf the internet via websites and download applications.

All the workstations are within a domain, DHCP and DNS, and each Ethernet is connected via IPv4 to automatically get the IP address from the range, no static IP addresses are used, so with the Network & Sharing Centre - under the Properties of the Ethernet adapter, IPv4 properties has Obtain an IP Address automatically as well as the DNS server address.

When i click on the network icon (see image1) the NIC is connected to the Domain but No Internet is shown.
    On a few workstations if i open a CMD window as Admin, and pinged a few sites the icon returned to the default (Connected to the domain and connected to the Interent). But some workstations refuse to clear the icon.

I have done the following.

1. Removed the network driver from within device manager - rebooted and reinstalled the driver from the Dell website.
    2. CMD (as admin) - Pinged the following address ok BBC - Home, Microsoft Corporation.
    2. Removed the workstation from the domain, removed the OU from AD and then rejoined the domain on the workstation - no change in the network icon.
    3. On the workstation - ran the following commands in CMD. ipconfig /release , ipconfig /renew, ipconfig /flushdns - rebooted - no change in the network icon.
    4. Within RegEdit deleted the following:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Nla\Cache
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles\
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Signatures\Managed\
    5. within Local Security Policy - Network List Manager Policies - the Domain is listed.
    6. Services - Disabled the following services - Network Location Awareness, Network List Services - rebooted - still no connection. Set these services to automatically to start again. These were already started before.
    7. Rebooted into Safe mode - Network icon has cleared the yellow triangle and states connected to the Internet and the domain.

So racking my brain over this one any thoughts, thanks in advance.

gordonb, Dec 21, 2018
  4. Dahi Win User

Windows 10 network Icon has yellow triangle, stating No Internet Access, even though I have it.

Yellow triangle over internet network even if internet works

Hi !

First of all thank you every helper and tutorial maker for the awesome work that helped me to find solutions !

I'm on Windows 10 x64 and my network device is a Intel GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit).

My issue is :
    I have a yellow triangle over the network icon in the notification area
    and it says me "Network : No Internet" even if i can access to internet and my network works perfectly.

That's not very serious issue but that's disturbing to know if i'm connected or not (real disconnections can happen).
    After trying to reboot my rooter and uninstalling/reinstalling Intel's newest drivers i don't know what to do.

If anyone has an idea because Windows fixes and solutions wasn't useful for me.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 network Icon has yellow triangle, stating No Internet Access, even though I have it. - Similar Threads - network Icon has

2. Network icon says no internet access, even though I do have internet access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network icon says no internet access, even though I do have internet access: Since today the network icon on the taskbar of my ASUS X556UV started saying that I don't have internet access to the network I'm connected to with an ethernet cable. This isn't correct because I can still use the internet for browsing, streaming etc. The main problem is...
  3. HELP PLEASE. I have the yellow triangle with a ! And says “no internet access”

HELP PLEASE. I have the yellow triangle with a ! And says “no internet access”: I have a desktop computer with a onboard ethernet port. Windows 10 It was working then it kept going off and on then went completely off. I am using the ethernet cable. Ive tried eveeything, and i mean everything to: •ping my ip: perfectly fine •unistall my driver and...
  4. Network Icon Yellow Triangle - Windows 10 v1803

Network Icon Yellow Triangle - Windows 10 v1803: OS: Win10 x64 - v1803 Dell workstation Optiplex 780, 7010 Onboard network - Intel(R) 82567LM-3 Gigabit Network. Problem: Yellow network icon but still able to surf the interent (webpages), but Internet icon shows the domain name but Not connected. Can ping out to external...
  5. Yellow triangle on unplugged LAN icon

Yellow triangle on unplugged LAN icon: Just after updating to Windows 10, version 1809 I noticed that LAN icon when the LAN cable and wifi not connected yet appears as the network cable is connected with a yellow triangle on the icon. troubleshooting gives unidentified problem. internet connection when cable is...
  6. Defender tray icon showing yellow triangle?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender tray icon showing yellow triangle?: Windows Defender is showing a yellow triangle on the tray icon, even though it is fully updated? The Security Centre home page shows all settings green ticked, and the only problem I find is on the "Apps & browser control" page, where the first item "Check apps and files" has...
  7. Windows defender yellow triangle

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender yellow triangle: I noticed that a little yellow triangle with an exclamation point shows up next to the windows defender icon. I'm not sure how to get rid of it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks[ATTACH]...
  8. Yellow triangle over internet network even if internet works

Yellow triangle over internet network even if internet works: Hi ! First of all thank you every helper and tutorial maker for the awesome work that helped me to find solutions ! I'm on Windows 10 x64 and my network device is a Intel GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit). My issue is : I have a yellow triangle over the network icon...
  9. Yellow Triangle on Ethernet taskbar icon?!?!

Yellow Triangle on Ethernet taskbar icon?!?!: I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10 and having this annoying issue where the yellow triangle over the ethernet icon in the taskbar will not go away. I can get online and surf so not sure whats going on. I did install the new lan drivers but still getting the annoying...
  10. Network icon in tray has yellow triangle but net works fine

in Windows 10 Support
    Network icon in tray has yellow triangle but net works fine: Hi, Last night I bit the bullet again & upgraded to windows 10 & then did a clean install. I have noticed that the network icon in the system tray shows a yellow triangle & says no access but I can surf fine with chrome & use qbitorrent etc. The only way I can get rid...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. internet icon has yellow triangle

2. windows 10 account protection has yellow triangle

3. yellow triangle on internet icon in windows 10

4. i have updated drivers but still get yellow triangle on internet icon but getting wifi,
  5. a yellow triangle appears over the network Icon but have network connection,
  6. How to clear the Yellow Triangle that says I have no Internet but I can still get on Internet,
  7. windows 10 yellow triangle on network,
  8. internet icon has yellow triangle win 10 upgrade,
  9. windows 10 computer yellow triangle but still have internet access,
  10. windows 10 network yellow !,
  11. windows 10 no network even though I have network