Windows 10: Windows 10 - Network Not Showing

Discus and support Windows 10 - Network Not Showing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I set up file sharing direct between a windows 7 machine and a new windows 10 machine via a Ethernet cable. The windows 7 machine network is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dieselfarmer, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Windows 10 - Network Not Showing

I set up file sharing direct between a windows 7 machine and a new windows 10 machine via a Ethernet cable. The windows 7 machine network is not showing on the windows 10 machine, but when I type "file://computername" in the windows explorer address bar I can get the windows 7 machine to be identified in the windows 10 machine's network - and I have no problem accessing files between the two machines.

How can I get the windows 10 machine to identify the windows 7 machine (under the Network) without having to type in the computer name each time as identified above?

Thanks for any comments.

:)

dieselfarmer, Apr 10, 2016

2. Freenas or Dune Player will not show in windows 10 network

Original Title: windows 10

Freenas or Dune Player will not show in windows 10 network. My 2 computers show in network. Network worked in windows 8.1

OrlandGuthrie, Apr 10, 2016
  3. Punith_Kumar, Apr 10, 2016
  4. sml156 Win User

Windows 10 - Network Not Showing

You can map the drive with PowerShell and make it persist in file explorer,
    To open PowerShell press the Windows Key + R and type in Code: powershell[/quote] and then press enter.

In PowerShell paste this code in but change "\\machine\share" to your drive name (you need the quotes in the command).
    Code: New-PSDrive –Name "T" -PSProvider FileSystem -Root "\\machine\share" -Persist[/quote] Another example
    Code: New-PSDrive –Name "T" -PSProvider FileSystem -Root "\\192.168.100.1\volume9" -Persist[/quote] Now when you open File Explorer and click on This PC you will have a new drive called T

sml156, Apr 10, 2016
  5. That happened to many ( including me ) when ver. 1511 build 10586.104 came out but was fixed in ver. 1511 build 10586.122 and remains fixed in build 10586.164.
    It's possible that you are missing an update, go to search and type in winver and click on it to see what version you are running.
    That's what I had to do also and I made shortcuts by dragging that to my desktop for each networked computer until it was fixed but I left them there "just in case".
    Hope this helps.

CADesertRat, Apr 10, 2016
  6. Thanks for the comments!

dieselfarmer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 - Network Not Showing

1. Windows 10 - Network Not Showing - Similar Threads - Network Showing

2. Need help with network controller in device manager showing code 28

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help with network controller in device manager showing code 28: I'm using a Acer nitro 5, AN515-52-796M. My WIFI and Bluetooth adaptor seems to not be working, settings show no WIFI network and that Bluetooth is turned off.When checking device manager, I see a "network controller" under other devices. The properties page says it has no...
  3. Need help with network controller in device manager showing code 28

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with network controller in device manager showing code 28: I'm using a Acer nitro 5, AN515-52-796M. My WIFI and Bluetooth adaptor seems to not be working, settings show no WIFI network and that Bluetooth is turned off.When checking device manager, I see a "network controller" under other devices. The properties page says it has no...
  4. Need help with network controller in device manager showing code 28

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer available but not showing up in network folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer available but not showing up in network folder: We have a small office network with 18 computers and we need to reach each others folders every day, the problem is not every pc is showing up in the network folder but they are still available if I type the adress I can find it but it's really inconvenient. We are using...
  6. Computer available but not showing up in network folder

Computer available but not showing up in network folder: We have a small office network with 18 computers and we need to reach each others folders every day, the problem is not every pc is showing up in the network folder but they are still available if I type the adress I can find it but it's really inconvenient. We are using...
  7. Computer available but not showing up in network folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Everytime i troubleshoot the network my adapter the computer shows bluescreen. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Everytime i troubleshoot the network my adapter the computer shows bluescreen. What do I do?: <removed> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/everytime-i-troubleshoot-the-network-my-adapter/12c6d62d-eeba-4603-ad2f-e775a0e839ca
  9. How is possible both public and private networks are simultaneously showing being active?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How is possible both public and private networks are simultaneously showing being active?: Newest windows was download via update two days ago, now this is happening. And yes, I checked and my "public" choice is still my chosen selected network. My VPN is listed with the active private network, and the usual network 2 is listed for the public network I prefer...
  10. How is possible both public and private networks are simultaneously showing being active?

How is possible both public and private networks are simultaneously showing being active?: Newest windows was download via update two days ago, now this is happening. And yes, I checked and my "public" choice is still my chosen selected network. My VPN is listed with the active private network, and the usual network 2 is listed for the public network I prefer...