Windows 10: Windows 10 network not working anymore after an Ethernet cable is plugged in

Discus and support Windows 10 network not working anymore after an Ethernet cable is plugged in in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, my wifi on Windows 10 is not working anymore after I plugged in an Ethernet Cable and unplugged it. It is now stuck on “Unidentified network”... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TonyCheng4, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Windows 10 network not working anymore after an Ethernet cable is plugged in

Hello, my wifi on Windows 10 is not working anymore after I plugged in an Ethernet Cable and unplugged it. It is now stuck on “Unidentified network” and when I troubleshoot, it says “Wi-Fi does not have a valid IP configuration” and I tried everything such as reseting the network on Windows 10, uninstalling the network adapter and still its stuck on “No Internet, secured. My drivers are all updated.

:)

TonyCheng4, Mar 2, 2020

2. Computer not recognizing Ethernet cable

Hi Vijay, I appreciate your help.

I will try each step even if I've already done it, just to make sure, and post my results.

A. When I troubleshoot internet connections, it tells me “Plug an ethernet cable into this computer” and says my cable might be broken or disconnected. However of course i have tried a different working cable with no luck.

when I troubleshoot network adapter, it says “plug an Ethernet cable into the network adapter ‘Ethernet’” which of course has already been done so it is not recognizing it.

B. I tried every suggestion/step listed (except for the wifi troubleshooting since my computer doesn't have wifi) and none of them worked.

C. When I run the windows update troubleshooter, it tells me “download and install pending updates” (Maybe it is not up to date because I tried reinstalling windows 10 to see if that would fix the internet, but it did not. I updated it like last week or
    something like that) but of course I can't download the updates without internet. If I click “apply this fix” it tells me to plug in an Ethernet cable. But i believe windows 10 was up to date before this issue even began because I updated it just a week ago.

D. I do not understand this step. The guide is confusing to me. It also appears that I have to download tools in order to do this repair. I cannot download anything because my computer cannot connect to the internet. I don't have a USB flashdrive. I did
    try reinstalling Windows 10 though and it did not help.

EmersedPuma9503, Mar 2, 2020
  3. stocktiki Win User
    "Network cable unplugged" - but it is plugged in..

Hoping some of the Windows ninjas can help.

Running Windows 10 Pro on a Dell XPS 8500 desktop/tower. Hard wired Ethernet from Dlink router to PC.

Had been working great for months. But all of a sudden (yesterday) - getting this message from "Net Connections." Ethernet, network cable unplugged (Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller). It's strange because it had been working. The PC has WIFI so it's connecting that way.

Here's what I tried so far:

1. Plugged in Ethernet directly from cable modem. Same error.
    2. Connected another device to router. It works.

Seems like it's some kind of issue with PC itself - either hardware failure or driver corruption ? Would there be a problem with deleting the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller in the Control Panel>Network and Internet > Network Connections - restarting and see if that fixes the issue.

Any other suggestions?

Windows 10 network not working anymore after an Ethernet cable is plugged in [​IMG]

stocktiki, Mar 2, 2020
  4. wkw09 Win User

Windows 10 network not working anymore after an Ethernet cable is plugged in

"Ethernet Cable Not Plugged In" after Win 10 Upgrade

I currently have Windows 8.1, and my ethernet cable is plugged in and works perfectly. I have tried to upgrade to Windows 10 several times; each time, the upgrade is successful, but after the upgrade my network connection for the ethernet cable indicates
    the cable is not plugged in, although it actually is.

This is an HP computer and I have run all recent updates before upgrading.

wkw09, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 network not working anymore after an Ethernet cable is plugged in

1. Windows 10 network not working anymore after an Ethernet cable is plugged in - Similar Threads - network working anymore

2. Laptop slows down after plugging ethernet cable in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop slows down after plugging ethernet cable in: Hi allA bit of a strange question here but my file explorer starts slowing down and lagging when I plug my ethernet cable into my laptop. I am currently running Windows 10, however I only started seeing this problem after running the BIOS update about 2 weeks ago on my HP...
  3. Laptop slows down after plugging ethernet cable in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop slows down after plugging ethernet cable in: Hi allA bit of a strange question here but my file explorer starts slowing down and lagging when I plug my ethernet cable into my laptop. I am currently running Windows 10, however I only started seeing this problem after running the BIOS update about 2 weeks ago on my HP...
  4. Laptop slows down after plugging ethernet cable in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Ethernet Cable Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Cable Not Working: My ethernet cable is not working even when plugged in. It works fine with other laptops but not with mine. I'm fairly sure this has something to do with something installed or some software related issue. Because my ethernet worked but static when I uninstalled all my network...
  6. Ethernet Cable Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet Cable Not Working: My ethernet cable is not working even when plugged in. It works fine with other laptops but not with mine. I'm fairly sure this has something to do with something installed or some software related issue. Because my ethernet worked but static when I uninstalled all my network...
  7. Ethernet cable not working?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet cable not working?: So I recently got an Ethernet cable for my laptop so I could get more direct wifi. I plugged it in, thinking it was a plug and play, but nothing happened. It says that there is no cable connected and as far as I am aware the socket in the wall is connected to the wifi. And it...
  8. Ethernet cable plugged in but there is no internet

Ethernet cable plugged in but there is no internet: I logged onto my PC this morning and noticed I had no internet. I used another ethernet cable and they both did not work. I looked up some solutions and tried doing ipconfig/release and /renew but it says “No operation can be performed on Ethernet 2 while it has its media...
  9. Ethernet cable not working.

Ethernet cable not working.: I've been trying for hours now to fix my Ethernet cable with no success. Ever since I had a power cut yesterday in the WiFi options it has displayed my Ethernet as "Unidentified network" and has granted me no internet access. I've troubleshooted the problem and it said...
  10. "Network cable unplugged" - but it is plugged in..

"Network cable unplugged" - but it is plugged in..: Hoping some of the Windows ninjas can help. Running Windows 10 Pro on a Dell XPS 8500 desktop/tower. Hard wired Ethernet from Dlink router to PC. Had been working great for months. But all of a sudden (yesterday) - getting this message from "Net Connections."...