Windows 10: Windows 10 network printer connect problem

Discus and support Windows 10 network printer connect problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My DNP DS40 network printer has stopped connecting after the last two Windows 10 updates. Error says it cannot connect to the printer because it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ledeane, Aug 30, 2020.

1. ledeane Win User

Windows 10 network printer connect problem

My DNP DS40 network printer has stopped connecting after the last two Windows 10 updates. Error says it cannot connect to the printer because it cannot find its driver. Printer can be seen on the ethernet network but it can not find its driver so it can not connect. Suggestions?

:)

ledeane, Aug 30, 2020
  2. DaleNoel Win User

Win 10 Network Printer Connection Problem

I have tried, when using the wifi from a Win 7 computer to connect to the printer connected to it. Others can connect.

I did do the three steps outlined:

• Open File Explorer. Pick the "Network" icon from the left pane (navigation pane) of the file explorer UI.
    • If sharing is turned off you will see a pale yellow line towards the top of the window that states "Network Discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Click to change...".
    • Click this bar and select "Turn on network discovery and file sharing"

None of the suggestion worked.

I did notice that the PC I'm connecting to is 'Private' while I am listed as 'Public'.

• Can this be causing the problem?
    • Are there other suggestions?

I need to be connected to use the other printer so work flow can not be disrupted and someone else needs to print the file for me.

I will be with this group again on Monday.

Thank you.

DaleNoel, Aug 30, 2020
  3. Windows 10 + printer connection

Hi murlichatlani,

Have you tried the suggestions on my initial post, in response to the original poster? If you haven't performed any troubleshooting yet, here are a couple of things you can try:

• Power off, and then power on your printer to restart it. Wait for a while for it to be fully ready.
    • Check your printer connection. Check your printer and make sure that it’s connected to your PC network.

If the steps didn't help, you may go through this list of suggestions to fix printer connection in Windows 10.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Aileen Alf, Aug 30, 2020
  4. Windows 10 network printer connect problem

Windows 10 + printer connection

Hi Debbie,

The printer offline status is your printer’s way of telling you that something is wrong with the communication between your computer and your printer, so one of the first things to check is your printer’s connection with your PC. Here are a couple of things
    you can try:

• Power off, and then power on your printer to restart it. Wait for a while for it to be fully ready.
    • Check your printer connection. Check your printer and make sure that it’s connected to your PC network.

Aside from the above steps, I also suggest that you go through this list of suggestions to fix printer connection
    in Windows 10.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Aileen Alf, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 network printer connect problem

1. Windows 10 network printer connect problem - Similar Threads - network printer connect

2. Printer is not connecting to network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer is not connecting to network: After cumulative windows updates my printer is not connecting to network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-is-not-connecting-to-network/0e633272-dbf3-4b55-bebe-77263a710010
  3. Printer is not connecting to network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer is not connecting to network: After cumulative windows updates my printer is not connecting to network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-is-not-connecting-to-network/0e633272-dbf3-4b55-bebe-77263a710010
  4. Printer is not connecting to network

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 11 Will Not Connect To Network Printer

Windows 11 Will Not Connect To Network Printer: I am able to locate and select our network printer. The printer is set to share. When I attempt to load it on my computer Windows tells me it is unable to connect to the printer. I was able to connect to this printer with Windows 10. How do I connect?...
  6. windows 10 can't connect printer to network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 can't connect printer to network: windows 10 can't connect printer to network or print from hp 2722 deskjet printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cant-connect-printer-to-network/21438f1a-b468-438a-9b0c-f2af2f1a93fc
  7. windows 10 can't connect printer to network

windows 10 can't connect printer to network: windows 10 can't connect printer to network or print from hp 2722 deskjet printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cant-connect-printer-to-network/21438f1a-b468-438a-9b0c-f2af2f1a93fc
  8. windows 10 can't connect printer to network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Connect a Network Printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connect a Network Printer: Hi, I have two computers and each one has its own printer. They are connected in the same network. How can I connect to the other computer's printer? I can't seem to figure this out.......
  10. Problem installing printer connected to other computer in network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem installing printer connected to other computer in network: I have a small family network (Win 7 and 8.1 machines) Have Samsung printer ML2525 connected by USB to desktop in network. All existing computers can see and print to this printer without problem. Bought new Win 10 laptop. Downloaded Samsung universal printer driver3...