Windows 10: Windows 10 network problem

Discus and support Windows 10 network problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Installed the latest windows 10 update. This seems to have fixed the problem of other devices on the network not showing up in file explorer. But now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rac8006, Mar 3, 2016.

1. rac8006 Win User

Windows 10 network problem

Installed the latest windows 10 update. This seems to have fixed the problem of other devices on the network not showing up in file explorer. But now when I start a program that needs to access a folder on a network drive. The program gets an error saying that it can't see the folder. But if I go to file explorer and open that folder the files are there. Later if I try to run the program again it works.

For the last six years I've been running the same powershell scripts with no problems. Today I tried to run one of the scripts and got the following message.
    Security warning
    Run only scripts that you trust. While scripts from the internet can be useful, this script can potentially harm your computer. If
    you trust this script, use the Unblock-File cmdlet to allow the script to run without this warning message. Do you want to run

I never got this message in the past even on windows 10. So I tried to use the UnBlock-File. This did nothing. Tried to use file properties and unblock. No unblock under file properties. Why does the system think my NAS is not on the local network?

Also since the latest update one NAS system will not show up in file explorer. I can ping by ip address but not by name.
    The NAS shows up under storage but not under computers.

Thanks
    RAC

:)

rac8006, Mar 3, 2016

2. Windows 10 login problem

Hi. I installed windows 10 on my friends computer, and his computer has a problem with overheating, so when I wanted to type his account details, the computer shut down. Then when I reopened it, is displays "Other User" and under are two columns, where
    it says to type the email and the password. I tried three different accounts and it says that the password is incorrect. Please, help!

Windows 10 login problem, Mar 3, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Problem

After I updated Windows 10 today as I was instructed, I can no longer get on the internet. My wifi no longer shows up to click on it. It was working fine until I allowed the install. I have tried restarting the HP Spectre x 369 laptop and the router,
    but this has not helped. (I am using a borrowed Apple computer to search for a solution.) I need help to get back online. Can anyone help or tell me who I might contact for help?

Problem with 10, Mar 3, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

bro67, Mar 4, 2016
  5. rac8006 Win User
    Thanks for the response. I'll check it out as soon as the system is idle. Is this something that just happened with the Mar 1 update?

RAC

rac8006, Mar 4, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    As for the warning message, which I did not catch earlier, that is because Microsoft also tightened up other security protocols, so you end up with a "Do you really want to punch the red button to let the missiles loose?" types of warning. Basically they are getting tired of people not paying attention and letting malware bots on the loose.

bro67, Mar 4, 2016
  7. rac8006 Win User
    Thanks. But did these changes occur with the Mar 1 update. Because I didn't have this problem before the update.

RAC

rac8006, Mar 4, 2016
  8. rac8006 Win User

I made the changes. Can't tell if it is fixed. Will need to wait until Sunday night after it records some TV shows. I noticed that the powershell is set to unrestricted. I thought that I had it set to remotesigned. But when I did set it to remote signed. It said that the file wasn't signed with the correct info.
    Why is it that I have to rewrite my code every time Microsoft updates the system. I've been fighting Windows 10 since the day it was released. I've ad so many problems. Fix one then another one pops up.

RAC

rac8006, Mar 4, 2016
  9. bro67 Win User
    There may have been a roll up that was supposed to fix something else. Without looking at the list on Microsoft.com, it is hard to say what Security updates were pushed.

You may have to find another way to do this, maybe with Python, instead of using the Powershel.

Eventually Powershell will replace the Command window. Microsoft does not plan on stopping their jacking around with the code for Windows 10.

I had to reload it on my test system, just to get my new iPhone 6 plus set up. Usually I am running Linux Mint on that unit.

bro67, Mar 4, 2016
  10. rac8006 Win User
    I've fixed the files may be harmful to this computer. This message started popping up this week. When trying to move a file from one folder to another folder on a NAS attached to my local network. I just put in the local network address 192.168.1.*

I'd be better off if I just installed Linux on the PC.
    windows - Disable warning? - Super User

RAC

PS looks like it also fixed the problem with powershell. Now that leaves the problem of the missing NAS.

rac8006, Mar 4, 2016
  11. rac8006 Win User
    rac8006, Mar 4, 2016
  12. bro67 Win User
    Cross fingers until the next "Patch".

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 network problem - Similar Threads - network problem

2. Network lag spike problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network lag spike problems: Network has been having huge lag spikes as of recent my ping in certain games before was 10-30 now it can be 60-200 i really don know what to do it just started a couple days ago randomly out of nowhere i feel like ive tried everything and im running out of ideas can somebody...
  3. Network lag spike problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network lag spike problems: Network has been having huge lag spikes as of recent my ping in certain games before was 10-30 now it can be 60-200 i really don know what to do it just started a couple days ago randomly out of nowhere i feel like ive tried everything and im running out of ideas can somebody...
  4. I have a problem with An Unexpected Error Occurred in Network Connections Properties of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a problem with An Unexpected Error Occurred in Network Connections Properties of...: I can not access the proparties of my network, and every time: An Unexpected Error Occurred. message appear.I tried uninstall and install the drivers I tried to use the cmd for "netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log" and "netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log"I'm so afraid my PC is...
  5. I have a problem with An Unexpected Error Occurred in Network Connections Properties of...

I have a problem with An Unexpected Error Occurred in Network Connections Properties of...: I can not access the proparties of my network, and every time: An Unexpected Error Occurred. message appear.I tried uninstall and install the drivers I tried to use the cmd for "netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log" and "netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log"I'm so afraid my PC is...
  6. I have a problem with An Unexpected Error Occurred in Network Connections Properties of...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Having a problem where when i connect to a wifi network from my pc, it lets me connect to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having a problem where when i connect to a wifi network from my pc, it lets me connect to...: Kindly help ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-a-problem-where-when-i-connect-to-a-wifi/a37ad551-939a-4011-b0dd-3fab8d720e21
  8. Having a problem where when i connect to a wifi network from my pc, it lets me connect to...

Having a problem where when i connect to a wifi network from my pc, it lets me connect to...: Kindly help ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-a-problem-where-when-i-connect-to-a-wifi/a37ad551-939a-4011-b0dd-3fab8d720e21
  9. I have problem with my network device list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have problem with my network device list: My network device list has a problem.Configure gigabit ethernet device parameters https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-problem-with-my-network-device-list/19fff29f-d7d4-4c92-a1a8-adce2b6c8722
  10. I have problem with my network device list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have problem with my network device list: My network device list has a problem.Configure gigabit ethernet device parameters https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-problem-with-my-network-device-list/19fff29f-d7d4-4c92-a1a8-adce2b6c8722