Windows 10: Windows 10 Network. Selective access restriction query

Discus and support Windows 10 Network. Selective access restriction query in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a small Windows 10 network consisting of five good spec PC’s on a peer-to-peer network. All PC’s have their own primary software applications... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SebastianD, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Network. Selective access restriction query

I have a small Windows 10 network consisting of five good spec PC’s on a peer-to-peer network. All PC’s have their own primary software applications but data from all workstations are saved to a shared folder on a shared secondary hard drive on one of the PC’s (which also conducts backups of the shared drive to either of two external drives on an alternating daily basis).

All PC’s run Windows 10 Professional.

Each workstation has its own primary purpose in that one performs the firm’s accounting functions, one runs Autocad, one raises bespoke technical quotations for clients, one runs bespoke technical testing software and one is overall Administrator, email hub and all-round general dogsbody (being the one upon which the shared files, earlier referred to, are located).

It occurs to me that, in its current state, any workstation can access any folder or file within the shared location. Some of this is sensitive and should only be shared between the accounts and the administration PC.

Please could someone direct me to a tutorial or guide, should such exist, which might describe how I may restrict access to certain folders/files in the shared location, whilst granting access to others? I have explored the Internet but have not been fortunate enough to find any tutorial which quite works for my purposes for one reason or another.

Thanks in advance.

:)

SebastianD, Mar 23, 2020
  2. Lanso Win User

MS ACCESS: A7 Building Queries in Microsoft Access

Hello, I'm having problems with creating a database from this questions. I was able to do get to a point but won't show or missing something. Can anyone help on these questions:

2. Display the CustomerNum, CustomerName, OwnerName, Phone, RestaurantType, and FirstContact of customers who were first contacted in 1992 and 1993. The list should be sorted by the FirstContact date (with the most recent at the top) within RestaurantType in ascending order.

3. Write this query in SQL. It should be your SQL code and not the one generated by Microsoft Access. Show the CustomerNum, OrderNum, and InvoiceAmt for orders that were placed by customers with CustomerNum in the 500s (that is numbers that fall between 500 and 599) or valued at $2,000 or more. Sort the list by CustomerNum in ascending order.

4. Write this query in SQL. It should be your SQL code and not the one generated by Microsoft Access. Show the CustomerNum, OrderNum, and InvoiceAmt for orders that were placed by customers with CustomerNum in the 500s (that is numbers that fall between 500 and 599) or valued at $2,000 or more. Sort the list by CustomerNum in ascending order.

5. Show the CustomerNum, OwnerName, Kitchen Area, InvoiceAmt, and ZipCode for customers who are located in ZipCodes starting with 43 and have InvoiceAmt between $1,200 and $2,000. The list should be sorted by CustomerNum.

Attached is the File on a zip as access file is not accepted.
    The queries I'm working from that I made for some of these are Customer Query, Restaurant Type, Order Query 1.
    Thanks this will be a lot of help as I've been trying to do this for the last 3 days.

Lanso, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Network. Selective access restriction query

Restrict Network Drive Access to User

Hi Beach,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there network discovery option is enabled on the computer.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "kids have a local account", is the child account configured as standard user account on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to hide the network discovery of the computer in the shared network.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "HomeGroup" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Then click on Change Advanced sharing settings.

4. Expand Private.

5. Turn off network discovery.

5. Expand Guest or Public.

6. Then turn off network discovery
    option.

7. Click on Save changes button.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with restricting network drives to the child account, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Network. Selective access restriction query

1. Windows 10 Network. Selective access restriction query - Similar Threads - Network Selective access

2. Restrict Software access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restrict Software access: I have a problem i cannot seem to find the answer for.I'm using my computer for my business. On it, I have sensitive data via Dropbox that I don't want my employees to have access to. So I'm going to set up a new user account. But in my experience, when I set up a new user...
  3. Restrict Software access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restrict Software access: I have a problem i cannot seem to find the answer for.I'm using my computer for my business. On it, I have sensitive data via Dropbox that I don't want my employees to have access to. So I'm going to set up a new user account. But in my experience, when I set up a new user...
  4. Quick Access in Windows Explorer query

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Access in Windows Explorer query: Hi guys, Hopefully an easy one, although I couldn't find the answer online anywhere at all...I have added a few folders to my Quick Access, but go to attach an email or upload a document, as soon as the Window opens to locate the document, the bar on the left is scrolled all...
  5. Restricting Network Access on Win10/Linux Dual Boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restricting Network Access on Win10/Linux Dual Boot: Hello,I Am Ketan Mehta Owner Of Petromet Inc I have a PC with Windows 10 and Kubuntu Linux dual boot.The machine is connected to my DSL router via LAN cable. No Wifi hardware installed.I like Windows to have no internet connection at all. Linux should be able to connect...
  6. Home working - Restrict network access to PC

Home working - Restrict network access to PC: Hi I've got a site to site VPN used to connect me with the office which is done via my router. This has a rule set to route traffic to one PC. How do ensure that no one in the office is able to log into my pc or access any shares on my PC ? The VPN is only for me to access...
  7. Restrict access to a drive

Restrict access to a drive: Hi all, My PC use to be solely mine, and now others will be able to use it soon, in preparation for that, I am trying to restrict access to a certain drive so that i can only access it! I have tried a google search and nothing came up for anything remotely close without...
  8. Restricting Networking Access

Restricting Networking Access: I have two Pcs let A & B. Both are connected through LAN and both are having Windows 10 installed. In both the computer there are two accounts viz. Administrator and Guest. I have restricted the access of Guests in Administrator Account. Now I want to restrict the access of...
  9. Network Drivers query.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network Drivers query.: My wife's 64 bit Windows 10 PC has been giving some trouble of late, disconnecting from the Internet for no apparent reason. It is fitted with a USB wireless internet connector. The driver is for a Realtek RTL8811 AU wireless LAN 802 ac USB2 network adapter. I have therefore...
  10. Restricting mouse cursor to selected displays

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Restricting mouse cursor to selected displays: I have four monitors but I don't use them all, all the time. It's annoying to lose the mouse cursor to a monitor which is turned off so I'd like to be able to restrict the mouse to the monitors which are in use. There are plenty of solutions to restrict the mouse cursor to...