Windows 10: Windows 10 network share sporadic problem

Discus and support Windows 10 network share sporadic problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was working at a client location that have a Workgroup network. The system that holds the data is a Windows 10 Pro (updated) and one of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MathiasBjorkman, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Windows 10 network share sporadic problem

I was working at a client location that have a Workgroup network. The system that holds the data is a Windows 10 Pro (updated) and one of the workstations is a Windows 10 Home (Laptop). The issue that started happening a few months ago is that occasionally the laptop loses share connectivity to the mail system. The other workstations work fine. While this is going on it can access other devices. The error that comes up is Network Path Not Found (Error 0x80070035). If you wait a few minutes it works fine again. I tried to reset TCP/IP, I disabled firewall, I tested wire. Move computers to different switch ports. I can ping the mail machine fine while this is going on. I was thinking it might be some kind of authentication problem but it happens with both UNC paths and mapped drive paths. So I need some help figuring this out. I did talk to them about reinstalling the system with a 10 Pro.

:)

MathiasBjorkman, Sep 15, 2018

2. Cannot open network and sharing center in windows 10

Hi Aman,

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details

• Do you get any error message, when trying to open network and sharing center?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to fix the issue.

Method 1: Install all the Windows 10 pending updates and check if it helps.

I suggest you check for the pending updates in resolving the issue.

• In search type Check for updates and hit enter.

• Click on Check for updates.

• Windows 10 will automatically install all the pending updates.
    If the issue still persist, suggest you to try the below step to fix the issue.

Method 2: I suggest you to
    Run the DISM Tool and check.

The DISM tool checks the system health and will try to restore the files.

• Right click on the Start button, click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the
      Enter key after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    To close the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.

Reference: I suggest you to follow the steps recommended in the below article for any network connection issues.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this helps. If the issue persists, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Vidyashree_C, Sep 15, 2018
  3. Network Sharing Password Problems

Hi William,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Network Troubleshooter and check, if this helps.

• In the search box, type ‘Troubleshooter’, and then click ‘Troubleshooting’.
    • Under ‘Network and Internet’, click ‘Internet Connections
    • Follow the on screen instructions.
    Step 2: Update Network Adapter.

• Right click on Start button, type Device Manager and Enter.

• Now click on your Network Adapter.

• Right click and click on Properties, and go to Driver tab and click on
      Update driver.
    Also, refer: Wired and wireless network problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/...2&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Note: Applies to windows 10 as well.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Sep 15, 2018
  4. Kari Win User

Windows 10 network share sporadic problem

Network sharing

Hi Yrralrellim, welcome to the Ten Forums.

Most obvious things to check:

1. Is Network Discovery turned on on the Windows 10 machines?
    2. Is File and printer sharing turned on on the Windows 10 machines?
    3. Is Public folder sharing turned on on the Windows 10 machines?

Screenshot, list items 1 & 2:

Windows 10 network share sporadic problem [​IMG]

Screenshot, list item 3:

Windows 10 network share sporadic problem [​IMG]

Click screenshots to enlarge.

Thema:

Windows 10 network share sporadic problem

1. Windows 10 network share sporadic problem - Similar Threads - network share sporadic

2. Network share odd problem?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network share odd problem?: Every time I try to copy a .ctd file directly onto my network share, the file gets completely emptied unless I zip it and then copy it into the share. Anyone have an idea why this could be and what I could do? submitted by /u/spiderbitch4003 [link] [comments]...
  3. Windows network sharing problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows network sharing problems: I am running 5 computers (2 of which are laptops) are having serious problems connecting and seeing each other The names of the computers are: ENDERPC, ENDERLAPTOP, MASTER, TATA, KOTKA (laptop) ENDERPC can see everyone but can only access ENDERLAPTOP ENDERLAPTOP can see...
  4. Network Sharing Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Sharing Problem: Hi, I run Windows 10. I am having a lot of problems trying to set up an network with a computer using Windows 7. There is too many problems to list here at one time so I will start with one that I don't understand. 1. When I click on a hard drive an then right click on it...
  5. Windows 10 Home LAN and Network Shares Problems

Windows 10 Home LAN and Network Shares Problems: I am at my wits end. What in the world has Microsoft done to the networking and shares access in Windows 10. I have spent days of research trying to solve the "access not allowed", "cannot access network path", cannot map to my NAS, cannot see other computer on my network....
  6. Windows 10 networking/file sharing problems

Windows 10 networking/file sharing problems: I recently upgraded a couple of computers on my network that were running Windows 7 to Windows 10. I also had another computer running Windows 7 replaced with a new computer running Windows 10. I have 5 computers total on my home wired network. One computer runs Windows 10...
  7. Network sharing problem

Network sharing problem: Hi. I am trying to connect three home computers so they all see and share folders & files. I am almost there (I like to think), but have come up with a problem I haven't been able to solve yet. There are two PCs running Windows 7 and a laptop running Windows 10 (all Home...
  8. Network sharing problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Network sharing problem: Hi. I am trying to connect three home computers so they all see and share folders & files. I am almost there (I like to think), but have come up with a problem I haven't been able to solve yet. There are two PCs running Windows 7 and a laptop running Windows 10 (all Home...
  9. Problem with network sharing

Problem with network sharing: Hi all, I am having a small problem with sharing files from this PC to other devices. What happens is that every time I restart the PC the other devices on the network can no longer access it's shared folders. Using the netstat /ano command I can see that port 445 is not...
  10. Network file sharing problems

Network file sharing problems: I’m having perplexing difficulty getting two Windows 10 desktop computers to share files over my network. The setup of the two computers (names OFFICE-PC and TVROOM) is entirely symmetric (same network and sharing options, same Workgroup, same HomeGroup),yet TVROOM can access...
Tags: