Windows 10: Windows 10 network shares disappear after reboot.

Discus and support Windows 10 network shares disappear after reboot. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am having a real difficult time getting my shares to stay. I have enabled all neccessary services and windows SMB1. Shared everything in network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DeathInc1, Feb 10, 2019.

1. DeathInc1 Win User

Windows 10 network shares disappear after reboot.

Hi,

I am having a real difficult time getting my shares to stay. I have enabled all neccessary services and windows SMB1. Shared everything in network shares. Did a network reset. Everything works fine until I reboot a pc. Now I am working with 8 diffrent PC’s. So its not just one. It is all of them. Everything was great with windows 7. As soon as I made the investment to upgrade all 8 PC’s to windows 10, I get nothing but problems. It was not a cheap investment. So far windows 10 is nothing but problems.

Also, all my games run choppy now. All of them. I updated all the drivers neccesary. Chop, chop, chop. How can going from Win 7 to 10 cause this many issues. I have 8 PC’s and am not a novice at this. At this point I am ready to go back to 7 because it blow 10 away. Looks like we have another windows Vista on our hands.

Please help before I have to go back to 7.

:)

DeathInc1, Feb 10, 2019

2. Cannot open network and sharing center in windows 10

Hi Aman,

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details

• Do you get any error message, when trying to open network and sharing center?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to fix the issue.

Method 1: Install all the Windows 10 pending updates and check if it helps.

I suggest you check for the pending updates in resolving the issue.

• In search type Check for updates and hit enter.

• Click on Check for updates.

• Windows 10 will automatically install all the pending updates.
    If the issue still persist, suggest you to try the below step to fix the issue.

Method 2: I suggest you to
    Run the DISM Tool and check.

The DISM tool checks the system health and will try to restore the files.

• Right click on the Start button, click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the
      Enter key after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    To close the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.

Reference: I suggest you to follow the steps recommended in the below article for any network connection issues.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this helps. If the issue persists, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Vidyashree_C, Feb 10, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Share on right click

I recently right clicked on a sensitive file and instead of clicking on Open with, accidentally clicked on the Share button. The following window popped up:

Windows 10 network shares disappear after reboot. [​IMG]

I immediately pressed the Esc key and the window disappeared. Does this window automatically share the file with the contacts listed in this window? Or would I have had to select a contact and go through additional steps to actually share the file? I'm worried that I've shared sensitive financial information with contacts that really shouldn't have seen them.

commodorejim, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Network sharing

Hi Yrralrellim, welcome to the Ten Forums.

Most obvious things to check:

1. Is Network Discovery turned on on the Windows 10 machines?
    2. Is File and printer sharing turned on on the Windows 10 machines?
    3. Is Public folder sharing turned on on the Windows 10 machines?

Screenshot, list items 1 & 2:

Screenshot, list item 3:

Click screenshots to enlarge.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 network shares disappear after reboot. - Similar Threads - network shares disappear

2. No networks after reboot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No networks after reboot.: While hanging out in a call with my friends my pc randomly rebooted and now my computer won’t show any wifi networks. I’ve tried every suggestion I could find, but nothing has worked so far....
  3. Windows 10 user profiles disappears after reboot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 user profiles disappears after reboot: Hi.Today we have had several reports of users that their Windows 10 profile was deleted and temporary profile created when they logged onto their device. On closer inspection their recycling bin items have remained, but everything else has disappeared! Including desktop files...
  4. Windows 10 user profiles disappears after reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 user profiles disappears after reboot: Hi.Today we have had several reports of users that their Windows 10 profile was deleted and temporary profile created when they logged onto their device. On closer inspection their recycling bin items have remained, but everything else has disappeared! Including desktop files...
  5. Windows 10 user profiles disappears after reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Mapped network drive/ shared folder not accessible after reboot

Mapped network drive/ shared folder not accessible after reboot: I have a folder on a file server Windows XP Pro - Logon: USER no logon password which I have shared share permission read/write to ALEX not administrator and added ALEX into the security list. File server IP = 192.168.1.111 I have a desktop Windows 10 Home Logon: USERno...
  7. Losing shares after reboot

Losing shares after reboot: I've looked and haven't found the exact problem, but I'm sure there are others. I just got a new laptop, I have a lot of information on the old laptop, I didn't want to move to the new one, but still need access to. So I spent the time to go through all my files and rearrange...
  8. Shared network drive disappears on Windows 10 lock

Shared network drive disappears on Windows 10 lock: Hi, I am using Windows 10 with a mapped network drive. Everytime, after locking the Windows using "Win + L", when I log in the mapped network drive disappears. To bring the network drive back, I have restart the system every time. I have tried restarting the server and have...
  9. Windows 10 shares disappear...

Windows 10 shares disappear...: I have a small network with wired connection of four Windows 10 Professionals, version 1809. One of W10 workstation is designated for file/folder sharing and it normally shows on a local desktop, just like it does today: [img] *-Names had been edited For some unknown...
  10. Windows 10 can't connect to network shares after rebooting/turning on. Network share shows...

Windows 10 can't connect to network shares after rebooting/turning on. Network share shows...: Searched and searched and cannot find a cause or solution to this. in detail: I have a NAS drive connected to my router. I have a desktop connected via ethernet to the same router, and a laptop on WIFI Both computers are running Windows 10 Home and both are up to date as...