Windows 10: Windows 10 network shortcut taking up space on C drive

Discus and support Windows 10 network shortcut taking up space on C drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 version 2004 Hi everybody! I set up network shortcuts on my file server a while ago but have tried to remove them in favour of a network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by slickochet, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Windows 10 network shortcut taking up space on C drive

Windows 10 version 2004

Hi everybody!

I set up network shortcuts on my file server a while ago but have tried to remove them in favour of a network drive as it seems to be taking up space on my C drive. However when I try to delete it it seems to be trying to delete the entire contents of the drive on the other machine so I immediately stop it while it is calculating for fear of losing data.

When I try to move the files from this network shortcut to the drive on the other machine, nothing happens.

I haven't been able to find any similar problems like this through Google search. Is there a better way to do this that I've missed?

Any suggestions would be welcome! Thanks in advance.

Windows 10 network shortcut taking up space on C drive [​IMG]

:)

slickochet, Jul 27, 2020

2. Windows is taking up too much hard drive space.

Hi Trisha,

Windows might have been accumulated large drive space due to installed apps, temporary files, or etc. For us to identify which item mostly accumulates your drive space, we suggest that you check it here:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Storage, and then press Enter.
    • Under Local Storage, click on This
      PC (CWindows 10 network shortcut taking up space on C drive :).
    • On this window, you will see which item mot accumulate your drive space.

We also recommend that you follow the steps given on this article on how to
    free up drive space in Windows 10
    . Click on every drop down to view the steps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Jul 27, 2020
  3. My windows 10 upgrade consumes all of it's drive c: space (50 GB)

• My windows 10 upgrade consumes all of it's drive c: space (50 GB)
    • I am unable to install the update,
    • I suspect the windows 10 need this much space and it is some kind of glitch,
    • Please suggest a way to free up some space as I don't prefer to format partition C:

letmeguess, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Rich 432 Win User

Windows 10 network shortcut taking up space on C drive

User folder on C drive is taking up disc space

I am using a relatively new (under 3 months) laptop with 120gb ssd. The user folder on C drive is now taking up over 80gb of space. I keep all photos etc on an external - any suggestions as to what is happening - this drive should be virtually empty

Rich 432, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 network shortcut taking up space on C drive

1. Windows 10 network shortcut taking up space on C drive - Similar Threads - network shortcut taking

2. Mysterious drive taking up space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mysterious drive taking up space: This myseterious RESTORED: drive appeared out of nowhere, and it's taking a lot of space - ~17gb and the fact that it's empty is so frustrating. I honestly wanna get rid of this ****......
  3. Mysterious drive taking up space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mysterious drive taking up space: This myseterious RESTORED: drive appeared out of nowhere, and it's taking a lot of space - ~17gb and the fact that it's empty is so frustrating. I honestly wanna get rid of this ****......
  4. Mysterious drive taking up space

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows Backup is taking up C: Drive Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Backup is taking up C: Drive Space: Hi,I'm on Windows 10 21H2 current 4/26/22.I use Windows Backup and Restore Windows 7 Utility to backup my system disk only. And I use Windows Explorer to copy the User directory to backup my D disk. Before I started first of two backups, I cleaned up the C drive using...
  6. Windows Backup is taking up C: Drive Space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Backup is taking up C: Drive Space: Hi,I'm on Windows 10 21H2 current 4/26/22.I use Windows Backup and Restore Windows 7 Utility to backup my system disk only. And I use Windows Explorer to copy the User directory to backup my D disk. Before I started first of two backups, I cleaned up the C drive using...
  7. Windows Backup is taking up C: Drive Space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. "Other Large Folders Taking Up Space In C Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Other Large Folders Taking Up Space In C Drive: I noticed that I only had 8.8GB left on my C Drive. I use Other Drives to store all of my download and such but the occasional file gets into the C Drive which I delete. When I went into the settings to see what was taking up all of the space it says "Other" is taking up...
  9. Freeing up space on C Drive Windows 10

Freeing up space on C Drive Windows 10: I have tried Ccleaner. File scan. Storage Sense. Malware scan. Virus scan. Optimize c Drive. None of it worked all that well. I don't want to partition, etc. I am afraid I will mess it up. There was a simple solution I saw a while ago, but I can't seem to find in...
  10. Mail is taking up 39GB of space on C drive

Mail is taking up 39GB of space on C drive: Hi all, I desperately need help for this problem. I have a Win 10 desktop and although it is signed in under my account, I have never set up any email on any of the apps. However, there seems to be a huge amount of Mail that is lurking and taking up valuable space in my...