Windows 10: Windows 10 network, sound, PIN, and more not working after update?

Discus and support Windows 10 network, sound, PIN, and more not working after update? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A few times now I have had to reset my DELL laptop after what I suspect is a Windows update. The problem manifests every two or three weeks, in total... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Caspar VD, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Caspar VD Win User

Windows 10 network, sound, PIN, and more not working after update?

A few times now I have had to reset my DELL laptop after what I suspect is a Windows update. The problem manifests every two or three weeks, in total about five times now, in the following way:

- Network adaptors are unavailable

- Sound adaptors are unavailable

- The new "feature" PIN is not available

- Microsoft office is unavailable

I can see a failed DELL update, but that may just be a symptom of the issue rather than the issue itself.

You may notice the network adaptor being unavailable removes most of my options for recovery, resets, and troubleshooting the issue. The only realistic thing I can do is a factory reset or re-installing Windows from disk or USB.

I was wondering whether anyone has encountered this specific issue, whether you know what causes it, and how it can be fixed?

As a precaution, please forgive me in saying that I am not interested in generic recovery and back-up tips, how to start Windows in safe mode, or how to reset a PC or roll back an update.

:)

Caspar VD, Jan 4, 2021
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Network and sound

Hi,

Thank you for update and reply.

If I understand correctly issue with wifi still persists as you are unable to disconnect and it still not appear on startup and when you reboot problem with sound reappears.

I suggest you to install any pending updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

I suggest you to follow the Methods and check if the issue still persists.

Issue 1: sound

Method 1: try uninstalling the sound driver and reinstalling it.

1. Press Windows + X and select Device Manager.

2. Select Sound, video and gaming controllers.

3. Uninstall the High definition audio driver

4. Restart the system.

Method 2: Reinstall the driver from the manufacturer website and check updating the device.

Issue 2: Network

Method 1:

Remove and re-create the wireless network connection.

To remove and re-create the wireless network connection, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, type ncpa.cpl, and then hit Enter.

2. Right-click your wireless network connection, and then click Properties.

3. Click the Wireless Networks tab.

4. Under Preferred networks, click your wireless network, and then click Remove.

5. Click View Wireless Networks.

6. Under Network Tasks, click Refresh Network List.

7. Under Choose a wireless network, click the wireless network to which you want to connect, and then click Connect.

Method 2: update the Network Drivers from Device Manager.

1. Type Windows key + X.

2. Select device manager.

3. Expand Sound Video and Game controller.

4. Select audio driver right click to update.

I suggest you to reset the Winsock and TCP/IP stack and check if it helps.

Method 3:

Step 1: Follow the steps given below to reset Winsock.

• a) Press Windows key + X, select Command Prompt (Admin)
    • b) Type “netsh winsock reset” in the Command Prompt shell, and then press the Enter key.
    • c) Restart the computer.

Step 2: Follow the steps given below to reset TCP/IP stack.

• a) Press Windows key + X, select Command Prompt (Admin)
    • b) Type “netsh int ip reset reset.log hit” in the Command Prompt shell, and then press the Enter key.
    • c) Restart the computer.

Refer to the below link to check how to install and update.

How to Install and Update drivers in Windows 10:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_devices/how-to-install-and-update-drivers-in-windows-10/a97bbbd1-9973-4d66-9a5b-291300006293

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Jan 4, 2021
  3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Jan 4, 2021
  4. Windows 10 network, sound, PIN, and more not working after update?

eidairaman1, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 network, sound, PIN, and more not working after update?

1. Windows 10 network, sound, PIN, and more not working after update? - Similar Threads - network sound PIN

2. Sound not working after updating Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound not working after updating Windows: My sounds shutters and I cant hear anything on every apps or movies I played. No problem with the headset I used since this is working before and working in the other PC that I have. I want to fix it immediately since I have zoom meeting and I want to make it work there....
  3. Sound not working after updating windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound not working after updating windows: My windows is updated to 22H2 and now I cant see sound icon and I cant make adjustment on it. I checked device manager and there is a driver for sound but it is not working. How can my sound back?...
  4. no more sound after last Windows 10 updates.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no more sound after last Windows 10 updates.: Sound card: Sound Blaster Audigy Fx.The speaker icon on the taskbar is showing a red dot with an X inside. The message when I put the curser on it is: "No audio device installed"...
  5. Sound not working after Windows update

Sound not working after Windows update: Hello, I'm experiencing a very big problem with my computer's audio. After installing the KB4592438 update, I noticed the sound wasn't working. Everything was going smoothly just before the update, so I figured these problems are because of it and tried uninstalling it, but...
  6. Sound not working after Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound not working after Windows update: Hello, I'm experiencing a very big problem with my computer's audio. After installing the KB4592438 update, I noticed the sound wasn't working. Everything was going smoothly just before the update, so I figured these problems are because of it and tried uninstalling it, but...
  7. Sound not working after Windows updates

Sound not working after Windows updates: After installing Windows updates the sound on my Lenovo ThinkPad laptop gone. After I reinstalled the Realtek R sound drivers the sound came back, but a pop-up message appeared saying that Realtek requires a computer restart. After the restart, the sound is not working again....
  8. no more sound on the pc (possibly after Windows update)?

no more sound on the pc (possibly after Windows update)?: I haven't had sound on my PC for a long time. But my headset works fine, I have also tried various things like updating the driver. I mean, I didn't have sound after doing a windows update, but I'm not sure about that either. kein ton mehr beim pc (evtl nach Windows update)?
  9. Network not working after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network not working after windows 10 update: The day before yesterday my home network was working perfectly. Yesterday Microsoft did their ‘weekly update’. All of a sudden my network doesn’t work! I have 2 laptops and 1 desktop using windows 10. Only 1 laptop can ‘see’ the other and the other can only ‘see back’...
  10. PIN and Fingerprint not working after Windows 10 Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIN and Fingerprint not working after Windows 10 Update: I've seen multiple forums on this subject and I see that Microsoft locks the forum not allowing any more comments which is absolutely ridiculous. Like many many many others my laptop did an automatic Windows 10 update. After the update my fingerprint AND pin no longer...