Windows 10: Windows 10 - Network upload speed limited under 1 Mbps within the last week (today is...

Discus and support Windows 10 - Network upload speed limited under 1 Mbps within the last week (today is... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Within the last week I was noticing an upload issue after a windows update. I was being limited to under 1mbps, specifically around .7-.85. I first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gobl111n, Oct 19, 2018.

1. gobl111n Win User

Windows 10 - Network upload speed limited under 1 Mbps within the last week (today is...

Within the last week I was noticing an upload issue after a windows update. I was being limited to under 1mbps, specifically around .7-.85.

I first notified my internet provider, consolidated network, about the issue. I started with swapping out the router and the cable with new one's. Still same result. I even had a tech come over and test all the wires and such and they were getting a 1 gig upload and a 1 gig download all the way to the PC. However once plugged in it would not go over .85 upload. But all the steps were taken to ensure my network provider was not at fault.

So I read some threads online and did everything I could to figure it out but still no luck. Today, I went ahead and reformatted all my drives and installed a fresh copy of windows 10. THE SAME RESULT! Here is a screen shot of the latest result below.

Even after disabling the windows firewall, going through msconfig services, disabling everything, startup disabling everything, still same result. I have not installed anything other than windows after formatting. Please help!

:)

gobl111n, Oct 19, 2018
  2. a200839 Win User

Windows 10 - Network upload speed limited to 0.60 Mbps after upgrade from Windows 7

I recently upgraded from home laptop (Lenovo ThinkPad W520) from Windows 7 to Windows 10. After running for ~1 month and getting use to the new UI, I decided it was safe to upgrade from Home computer as well (ASUS P8Z77-V LK, 32GB men, etc.). Prior to
    upgrading, both my laptop and my home computer were getting 80+ Mbps network throughput as measured by speedtest.net. After the upgrade to Windows 10, my laptop still get 80+ Mbps in both directions, but my home PC is getting 80+ Mbps download, and just 0.60
    Mbps upload.

Here's y configuration and what I've tried so:

Verizon FIOS modem -> Netgear nighthawk R7000 -> laptop & Home PC.

All LAN cabling is CAT 6.

I was getting 80+Mbps with the PC when running Windows 7 (prior to the upgrade).

I tested the laptop with both wired and wireless connections and I get 80+ Mbps with both wired and wireless connections. (cable modem and router appears to be working fine).

I tried swapping the LAN cables used between the laptop and the PC - the PC remains limited to 0.60 Mbps upload. (cabled appear to be fine).

I tried swapping the ports the laptop and PC are plugged into on the Nighthawk - the PC remains limited to 0.60 Mbps upload. (network port appears to be fine)

I tried powering the PC off for 10+ minutes (lots of people recommended this solution for similar problems) - no difference. (long shot, but other people claimed success, so tried it).

I tried changing/upgrading the Realtek driver for the PC. I tried the older on the ASUS site, and the latest driver (10.6.1001.2105) - the PC remains limited to 0.60 Mbps upload. (Using the latest driver and older driver show exact same performance).

I bought a new network card, a Tenda LAN Adapter TEL9901G. I wasn't expecting this, but it uses the same Realtek driver. The new network card performs exactly the same (80+ Mbps download, 0.60 Mbps upload). (2 network cards have the poor performance).

At a loss for what else to try... (please don't recommend rolling back to Windows 7 and trying again).

a200839, Oct 19, 2018
  3. a200839 Win User
    Windows 10 - Network upload speed limited to 0.60 Mbps after upgrade from Windows 7

Sachin,

Thanks for the quick reply. I thought I was clear that I have a laptop running Windows 10 that was recently upgraded, and it performs at 80+ Mbps upload and download using the same FIOS connection and Netgear router. So, my provider (FIOS in this case)
    is not limiting the upload speed.

Prior to upgrading the PC to Windows 10, I was getting 80+ Mbps in both directions. I doubt anything has changed with my provider (I pay for additional bandwidth. I actually pay for 75/75 and get 80+ all the time).

-David

a200839, Oct 19, 2018
  4. Windows 10 - Network upload speed limited under 1 Mbps within the last week (today is...

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

As you have mentioned that even after changing the hardware devices like network cards and cables then also the download and upload limit are same.

It clearly shows that it is fully depending on the Service provider who provides the plan and as per the service provider the network upload and download limits are set.

We suggest you to contact the service provider and check if the issue resolves. Upgrading or Downgrading will not reduce the limits of the Download and upload speeds.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted if you are facing if any issues further in Windows.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 - Network upload speed limited under 1 Mbps within the last week (today is...

1. Windows 10 - Network upload speed limited under 1 Mbps within the last week (today is... - Similar Threads - Network upload speed

2. Ethernet Speed Limited to 10 mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Speed Limited to 10 mbps: Hello,As it says on the tin, my ethernet speed on my PC is been limited to 10 Mbps when previously it has been running at a constant 1 Gbps when checked in the network settings. I've ran internet speed tests and downloaded games on Steam and the Xbox App to confirm the...
  3. Ethernet Speed Limited to 10 mbps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet Speed Limited to 10 mbps: Hello,As it says on the tin, my ethernet speed on my PC is been limited to 10 Mbps when previously it has been running at a constant 1 Gbps when checked in the network settings. I've ran internet speed tests and downloaded games on Steam and the Xbox App to confirm the...
  4. Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet: So I have gigabit internet and have never had a problem on my computer until about a month ago but I haven't had the time to figure it out till today and all that I have done is make the problem worse. I had an issue where my download speed was 800-900 range which is what I...
  5. Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet

Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet: So I have gigabit internet and have never had a problem on my computer until about a month ago but I haven't had the time to figure it out till today and all that I have done is make the problem worse. I had an issue where my download speed was 800-900 range which is what I...
  6. Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet but all other devices on network good

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet but all other devices on network good: So my PC is connected to my router via ethernet cable but my upload speeds are drastically low while my download speeds are normal. I know there's not a hardware issue since I brought the PC to another house and the upload speed was good there. Also I had gotten my router...
  8. Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet but all other devices on network good

Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet but all other devices on network good: So my PC is connected to my router via ethernet cable but my upload speeds are drastically low while my download speeds are normal. I know there's not a hardware issue since I brought the PC to another house and the upload speed was good there. Also I had gotten my router...
  9. Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet but all other devices on network good

10. Download Speed Under 1 MBPS

Download Speed Under 1 MBPS: Hello, I am currently having an issue with my PCs download speed. I have tried wi fi and ethernet, but all of the following things I have tried have been while connected via ethernet to my router. My xfinity plan is for 200mbps download speed. My Iphone 7 gets 189mbps on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. internet under 1mbps

2. upload 1mbps network card

3. internet under 1 mbps fix

4. windows network speed limited,
  5. upload speed under 1 mbps,
  6. windows 10 upload speed is under .60 mbps,
  7. fresh win 10 speed test net upload 0,
  8. 1Mbps upload speed on Windows 10