Windows 10: Windows 10 Networking after Homegroup Removed and Workgroup Added

Discus and support Windows 10 Networking after Homegroup Removed and Workgroup Added in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot connect my laptop and desktop after the Windows 10 update. I can see the computers on the network but it keeps giving me an error that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kimnjohnson, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Networking after Homegroup Removed and Workgroup Added

I cannot connect my laptop and desktop after the Windows 10 update. I can see the computers on the network but it keeps giving me an error that I don't have permission and to check with my Administrator. I am the administrator. I don't know how to resolve this issue. Can someone help?

Running Windows 10 Pro on both machines.

Thank you.

:)

kimnjohnson, Dec 10, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Homegroup vs Workgroup

Yes. Problems like yours with Homegroup led Microsoft to retire Homegroups and remove it from Windows 10 starting with version 1803. So Workgroup is the only sharing you should be using now.

3. bro67 Win User
    Homegroup vs Workgroup

There is no test. Homegroup no longer exists with Windows 10 and standard Network Workgroup now applies as it always has before Homegroup ever existed. If you have a business, you use a AD. If you have a personal LAN, you do not use a AD.

bro67, Dec 10, 2019
  4. Tregarth Win User

Windows 10 Networking after Homegroup Removed and Workgroup Added

Remove a WorkGroup from a Win 10 PC

I have a WORKGroup network on my Win 10 which seems to be interfering with a HOMEgroup network on the same PC. How can I remove both groups from my PC and start again?

The internet is littered with advice about adding a network (usually a HomeGroup) but I can't see how to remove it from a PC.

Thank you,

Tregarth, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Networking after Homegroup Removed and Workgroup Added

1. Windows 10 Networking after Homegroup Removed and Workgroup Added - Similar Threads - Networking Homegroup Removed

2. Windows 10 (no workgroup) - not seen on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 (no workgroup) - not seen on network: 3 computers working on a wifi network in a small office. Have been connected on a network and each computer can be seen by each computer. All of a sudden, the one computer cannot be seen by the other two nor can the other two see that computer. This is not the first time it...
  3. Complications with HomeGroup on Windows 10 (Yes, after it was removed)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Complications with HomeGroup on Windows 10 (Yes, after it was removed): Hello, I had a Homegroup set up on Windows 10 before it was removed from Windows 10. Despite this, my computer still is part of the homegroup I set up, even though the settings for it was removed. I also have a Windows 7 computer which I am trying to sync with the Windows 10...
  4. Workgroup/homegroup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Workgroup/homegroup: I have a laptop here that's in a "workgroup" I can not activate my upgrade of windows 10, how do I remove workgroup???? any article I find really SEEMS TO DETAILED, FOR MY LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE! FEEL ME? help?...
  5. Windows 10 Homegroup Network Issue

Windows 10 Homegroup Network Issue: Hi, after the latest patch i can no longer access my network locations for example my laptop can no longer access shared folders on my main pc and vice versa, it is a really weird issue one that i newer had before and its a pretty big one :(, hopping you can help me out....
  6. Homegroup vs Workgroup

Homegroup vs Workgroup: Last year I did some testing with three computers linked through a Switch and Ethernet CAT6 cables. I didn't have much luck with Homegroups and was constantly asked to return to a Home Network and kept getting cut off. I managed to connect three computers through Workgroup...
  7. Homegroup/Workgroup Windows 10 and Windows 7

Homegroup/Workgroup Windows 10 and Windows 7: I am trying to network two computers. One has Windows 7 and one, Windows 10. Apparently, Microsoft recently removed Homegroup from Windows 10. Any ideas on how to do this? A simple peer to peer network is all I seek. A temporary solution until our cloud server is up and...
  8. Win10 Networking After Removal of HomeGroup

Win10 Networking After Removal of HomeGroup: Hello! I saw your recent post and decided that you may be able to help me and others who later read this post. My issue and rant: With Windows recent update (Ver 1803), the simple task of networking two home computers has become a nightmare. I cannot understand how a...
  9. Windows 10 - Networking (Homegroup)

Windows 10 - Networking (Homegroup): I have four devices: 1.) Desktop - Windows 10 Home 1803: Build 17134.228 2.) Black Laptop - Windows 10 Home 1803: Build 17134.228 3.) Red Laptop - Windows 10 Home 1803: Build 17134.228 4.) White Laptop - Windows 10 Home 1803: Build 17723.1000 Modem is dual band 2.5Ghz...
  10. removal of workgroup

removal of workgroup: Is there any way possible to remove the workgroup from a pc, and completely disable the setting? the standard work group create by windows has been overrun with hackers....