Windows 10: Windows 10 Networking Issue- WiFi AND Ethernet

Discus and support Windows 10 Networking Issue- WiFi AND Ethernet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All, recently my lenovo idea pad stopped connecting to the internet via WiFi. I have tried other WiFi networks and using the ethernet both at home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by two_characters, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Networking Issue- WiFi AND Ethernet

Hi All, recently my lenovo idea pad stopped connecting to the internet via WiFi. I have tried other WiFi networks and using the ethernet both at home (where the problem initiated) and at work, an it seems my laptop will connect to the routers etc. but no internet connection after that. Other phones / laptops etc. work on all internet connections I have tried, so this is not the issue.

Some while ago, I googled fixes for this and dutifully followed instructions to reset internet settings in command etc., however, I am yet to fix the laptop. I uninstalled and reinstalled drivers which I had to download on another machine and transfer over by USB. This didnt work either.

I didnt want to do a reinstall yet, but have reverted back to older version of Windows (when there was no issue), and this did not fix the issue either. I am out of ideas- can anyone help please?

TIA

:)

two_characters, Feb 4, 2019
  2. matake Win User

configure two network type wifi public and Ethernet private

Hello,

I have two network adapters in Windows 10 one wifi for connecting to internet and one Ethernet for local network.
    I need to configure wifi adapter to public network and Ethernet to private network but i can't.

Inverse it work ( wifi to private and Ethernet to public ) but I don't need that.
    (only wifi adapter have option to be discoverable by others pd in Network Settings -> advanced options )

I need to share files by Ethernet AND NOT by wifi.

Any suggestion?

Thank you

matake, Feb 4, 2019
  3. RevoLand Win User
    Windows 10 Ethernet connection randomly disconnects

Hello,

So this issue has been annoying me since i have changed my old i5-4670 with a ryzen.

Ethernet: Realtek 8111H (MSI X370 Gaming Plus)
    Modem/Router: Airties Air 5760

What i have tried so far to fix my issue:
    • Re-installing Windows
    • Updating Ryzen chipset drivers
    • Updating Realtek LAN drivers (both from MSI & Realtek)
    • Updating MSI' LAN releated drivers (MSI Gaming Lan Manager)
    • Replacing ethernet cable
    • Restarting router to factory settings
    Still no luck, keeps happening randomly. Sometimes it is stable for days then it is not stable for 20 mins. Happening when gaming or idle, or while streaming via steam link.
    Windows' own issue fixer thingy fix the issue for the moment, re-plugging the cable, disabling & enabling the ethernet adapter also fixes the issue for the moment.
    Also i am the only one having this issue in the network, TV and phones are still connected to wifi.

It is started to be real annoying, so time to get help to fix the issue from TPU. Thanks in advance! *I Love TPU :lovetpu:

RevoLand, Feb 4, 2019
  4. Gino Des Win User

Windows 10 Networking Issue- WiFi AND Ethernet

Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Networking Issue- WiFi AND Ethernet

1. Windows 10 Networking Issue- WiFi AND Ethernet - Similar Threads - Networking Issue WiFi

2. Network And Ethernet Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network And Ethernet Issues: Hi. My wifi adapter just randomly shuts off for some reason, i watched many videos on how to fix but they don't seem to do the job. My ipv6 just randomly shuts down when i start a discord call and then i have to restart my laptop to make it work again.And my ethernet adapter...
  3. Network And Ethernet Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network And Ethernet Issues: Hi. My wifi adapter just randomly shuts off for some reason, i watched many videos on how to fix but they don't seem to do the job. My ipv6 just randomly shuts down when i start a discord call and then i have to restart my laptop to make it work again.And my ethernet adapter...
  4. Wifi/Ethernet Connection Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi/Ethernet Connection Issue: Lately, I have had trouble connecting to the internet in my apartment, and the issue seems to be directly related to my computer. No one else in my apartment is having issues, and I know the IPv4 address is valid. Sometimes, I can get my laptop to connect to the internet via...
  5. Wifi/Ethernet Connection Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi/Ethernet Connection Issue: Lately, I have had trouble connecting to the internet in my apartment, and the issue seems to be directly related to my computer. No one else in my apartment is having issues, and I know the IPv4 address is valid. Sometimes, I can get my laptop to connect to the internet via...
  6. Wifi/Ethernet Connection Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Odd network issue when both WiFi and Ethernet are enabled

Odd network issue when both WiFi and Ethernet are enabled: Win 10, 21H1 I have a laptop that has WiFi built-in, but I also connect a USB based Ethernet adapter to it sometimes. When I have the Ethernet adapter connected, I'll sometimes notice odd behavior on the network. For example, if I try to connect to a share on that laptop from...
  8. home networking wifi and ethernet computers

home networking wifi and ethernet computers: How do I home network and share a computer on wifi with one on ethernet, when they are on the same router? Looks like the easiest way is to make them both ethernet or wifi...
  9. Ethernet Issues - Unidentified Network

Ethernet Issues - Unidentified Network: HiI was plugged into my internet through my external network adapter and it seems to disconnect quite frequently as 'unidentified network'I thought my network adapter broke so I bought a new one yesterday. It was working fine through yesterday and today. Suddenly it was...
  10. Ethernet network issue on Home network

Ethernet network issue on Home network: Ok, my problem is that every time I restart or shutdown or reboot my computer, windows 10, 2004 version, build 19041.572, I cannot see any of the other computers on my home network nor can I see my own computer listed in File Explorer under Network. But I can see Media...