Windows 10: Windows 10 Networking / WiFi Problems

Discus and support Windows 10 Networking / WiFi Problems in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have this really weird problem. My WiFi network speed is incredibly slow. My PC sits next to a Mac and that Mac has absolutely no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rockstarsheep, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Networking / WiFi Problems

Hi everyone,

I have this really weird problem.

My WiFi network speed is incredibly slow. My PC sits next to a Mac and that Mac has absolutely no speed issues whatsoever. I can easily get 150 Mb/s consistently.

Since updating my PC, about two weeks ago, I have a consistent issue with download and upload speeds. Right now, it's 464 kB/s. I have unistalled and reinstalled drivers. I have thorough scanned the system with Malwarebytes and there's nothing I can find. I have no idea what to do now.

Whenever I reboot, I have to uninstall the drivers and then reinstall to get some sort of connectivity.

Does anyone have any clues for me, please?

Is there some diagnostic software that I can run?

I've tried everything I can find, and nothing seems to get me back up to speed.

Many thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/rockstarsheep
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rockstarsheep, Oct 25, 2020
  2. m3110w Win User

Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch

Someone else on another forum suggested I switch the wifi freq on my Android Nexus 5x. So I switched it from 5ghz to 2.4 and it worked! Problem solved. Now my Nexus hotspot is again appearing in my Win 10 list of available wifi networks. So problem was with Android and not Windows.

m3110w, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Bob338 Win User
    Wifi and browser problems with windows 10

I'll tell you how I fixed an identical problem on a ASUS laptop that had run perfectly on Windows 7 and ran well on W10 from January until the Anniversary update in early August. I tried everything I found on this forum and two others. Nothing worked. The last thing someone suggested was disabling the adapter and using a WiFi dongle. Problem continued. Nobody suggested changing the wireless network adapter. I bought and installed an Intel 7260 WiFi card and just used the driver which was downloaded on the reboot after the install. All problems solved!!

I must have wasted two months reading and trying everything. Even the manufacturer support inferred I needed a new machine though they sent me a Windows 8.1 driver to try, with the same result.

I'd suggest contacting the manufacturer to determine if they white list any cards and see if they have suggestions for a compatible card. They may want you to buy another laptop but if the cards aren't white listed, a simple card swap to one compatible with Windows 10 seems to be the answer.

Bob338, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Zaki_j Win User

Windows 10 Networking / WiFi Problems

No wifi networks Windows 10

Hello Pete,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are not able to connect to a wifi network after upgrading to Windows 10.
    We appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting the issue and providing us the detailed information about the issue.

This issue may occur if unsupported VPN software is installed in Windows 8.1 and is present during the upgrade to Windows 10. Older software versions contain a filter driver (the Deterministic Network Enhancer) that is not upgraded
    correctly.

Method 1:

Registry disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the
    registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Please take a backup of the registry. Follow the steps given in the link below:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

I suggest you refer and follow the steps mentioned in the KB article and check if it resolves the issue
    Computer that has VPN software installed can't detect wireless network after upgrading
    to Windows 10

Method 2: Make sure your router is set to broadcast the network name.

1. Connect your PC to the router using an Ethernet cable.
      2. Open a web browser and type the IP address for your wireless router. (For example, 192.168.1.1 or 172.16.0.0—check the documentation for your router to find the default IP address.)
      3. Sign in with your user name and password, then make sure an option labeled Enable SSID Broadcast, Wireless SSID broadcast, or
        something similar is turned on. This setting is often on a Wireless Settings page.

Method 3:

If the issue persists, I suggest you refer and follow the suggestions on how to
    Fix network connection issues in Windows

Additional information:

HP PCs - Wireless Network and Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04649175

HP PCs - Advanced Wireless Network and Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06282875

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Zaki

Zaki_j, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Networking / WiFi Problems

1. Windows 10 Networking / WiFi Problems - Similar Threads - Networking WiFi Problems

2. WiFi problem - Unable to connect to this network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi problem - Unable to connect to this network: I have a HP Elitebook 840 G6 which I didn't use for about 6 months. When I recently powered it back on, it recognized all WIFI connections as 'secured', but refused to connect to any of them. After going through the process to connect incl entering password etc, it says...
  3. Network Adapter / No Wifi Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Adapter / No Wifi Problem: So, it was all good until one day I switched on and I can't connect to wifi. I have the cracked version of windows, I dont know if thats the problem, what I mean by the wifi not working is I cant find the icon, I clicked the notification bar and accessed it from there but it...
  4. Windows 64 bits Wifi and Network problem

Windows 64 bits Wifi and Network problem: Hi, does anybody knows how to fix the below Network problem? After I reinstall the windows, either the Wifi or Lan connection is not available. I had reinstall the windows many time or install the driver from intel but both are not working. Please advise the solution so...
  5. Network and wifi problem

Network and wifi problem: Hi everyone.i am using windows 10 and today an update was downloaded and i installed that.i think it was windows comulative update 20h2 or something like that.after that my network icon is no longer in taskbar and when i am opening network in notification,only airplane mode...
  6. No available wifi network connections - intermittent windows 10 problem

No available wifi network connections - intermittent windows 10 problem: I find that I am not always presented with a list of available wifi connections to connect to. This problem is temporarily cured by rebooting the machine. Best regards, Nick...
  7. wifi network problem

wifi network problem: i have a windows 10 pro pc and few days ago i purchased a network connection i use wifi adapter in my pc as it has no wifi settings now the problem is i want to connect my pc with my 4g network but it is not showing 4g option in network...
  8. Wifi network connection range problem

Wifi network connection range problem: My laptop was working just fine till yesterday. Suddenly, I lost the connectivity to my wifi from my office desk in my room and had to come and sit near the router in order to get the connectivity back. The connection weakens with every step I move away from the router and...
  9. No internet/wifi. Network adapter problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No internet/wifi. Network adapter problem.: [IMG] Hello all. Was wondering if I could get some help or opinions. I'm your average user, understand a bit but not an expert. The issue- Three week old Asus laptop X509UA running Win 10, everything going fine but turned on yesterday and no access to wifi/internet at all....
  10. No wifi networks Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No wifi networks Windows 10: The PC is a HP Pavilion. All my other home WiFi devices can see all available WiFi networks. I had a problem with Windows 8 in that WiFi networks appeared and I was able to connect, but shortly afterwards the PC was disconnected. I applied all updates including WiFi...