Windows 10: Windows 10 networking woes once again...

Discus and support Windows 10 networking woes once again... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For the past few days or so I've been trying to troubleshoot a problem with LAN connectivity between two PCs: my laptop (ThinkPad T450s) and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Apocalypsing, May 1, 2016.

1. Windows 10 networking woes once again...

For the past few days or so I've been trying to troubleshoot a problem with LAN connectivity between two PCs: my laptop (ThinkPad T450s) and my self-built desktop. Both computers are running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, build 10586.

Initially my problem was the infamous "one or more network protocols ae missing ...", but I managed to overcome that problem and managed to get my laptop and desktop to communicate once again.

However, that didn't last long as I have just recently moved my desktop into another room, the previous location was temporary and there I had the desktop connected to my LAN via an 802.11ac wireless NIC. Now My desktop is connected through the wired gigabit NIC instead of wireless, and I've lost connectivity again. *Sad

Basically if I try to ping my desktop from my laptop, the hostname will resolve to te correct IP addres but I won't actually get a response. This is true even with the Windows Firewall service disabled on my desktop.

And yet if I do the reverse by pinging my laptop from my desktop, I actually do get a response. What gives?

:)

Apocalypsing, May 1, 2016

2. Lost Homegroup

A post Windows 10 Anniversary update woe:

After updating, Homegroup on Dell desktop cannot locate others on the home network but others can see Dell.

On Dell under Network, I see all others

Any ideas?

Maybe I should get rid of Homegroup and start again

Windows 10 networking woes once again... [​IMG]

Bernard Liengme, May 1, 2016
  3. Location Woes Again

I can confirm this...it has not been able to locate my phone for at least 3

weeks now. GPS is turned on, and I've made no changes to the phone.

Bob

CaptainVideo, May 1, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

Windows 10 networking woes once again...

Some more obvious stuff to check:
    Make sure the network is set to "private network" on both machines. If either one is public, all kinds of interesting things can happen. Here's how you can tell what's going on: open the network and sharing center on each PC and see what's showing there:

Windows 10 networking woes once again... [​IMG]

If both are set to private, good! You might then think about setting up a homegroup and making sure both machines join in.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, May 2, 2016
  5. I did check to see if the connection was private, and it already was for both computers. I also ensured all computers are within the same workgroup.

In the end I ended up reinstalling Windows (through "reset this PC"), after that I set up shares with the same appropriate permissions and it seems to be working again.

Apocalypsing, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 networking woes once again...

1. Windows 10 networking woes once again... - Similar Threads - networking woes once

2. WDF_VViolation once again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WDF_VViolation once again: Hello,im having hard time with my Surface laptop 3 not tablet , i was forced to reinstall the system several times already... bc fresh system allows me to work first few hours :... after then i gets somehow update on drivers and simply crash - blue screen with an error on...
  3. BSOD once again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD once again: Hello, I just got a BSOD and I have a dump file. Can someone take a look at it. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-once-again/a6753b93-5d6b-49fd-9662-a2cc2ced2274
  4. Win10 and win7 network woes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 and win7 network woes: Hi, I have 3 pc's in a network, 2 are running windows 10 and 1 is running windows7 When I had just 2 connected win10 and win 7 both could see each other and exchange files without issue. Occasionally however the win7 machine would struggle to see the win10 machine....
  5. HELP. once again

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP. once again: Getting really tired of this. You might know that i have had problems with my computer. I heard that i should reinstall windows. It doesnt work tho the same classic annoying message ''Resetting your PC could not be done'' No changes were made. This b*tch of a message wont go...
  6. networked computers disapear once again after update.

networked computers disapear once again after update.: after latest update computers not visable on network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/networked-computers-disapear-once-again-after/de7c36dd-689a-4f96-8340-4acfc1a2d29f
  7. once again can't see computers on network

once again can't see computers on network: this seems to happen over and over with new versions of windows I am running windows version: Win32NT 10.0.17134.0 Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.17134.0 I have shared documents folder with defaults and I have created a special user with r/w access to documents I have turned on...
  8. Networking woes again !!!!

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Networking woes again !!!!: Hi there Why can't Windows Networking just be like Linux - nice GUI to configure SAMBA (or even use S.W.A.T), click on shares and it's done and works every time !!!!. Strange scenario now with HYPER-V HOST OS (W10) can access REAL W8.1 machine, and W10 VM running on...
  9. Windows 10 woes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 woes: Hey guys, I'm desperately hoping someone here can possibly point me in the right direction as I've more or less used up all my limited technical knowledge on this. I would be eternally grateful to anyone who help - this is a brand new rig, save for the graphics card. I'm...
  10. Networking woes again (W10)

Networking woes again (W10): Hi there Networking connectivity seems to get broken every so often -- I have shares on two W10 machines (Local accounts) that connect just fine. If I come back to the computer say 45 mins later I get the computers can see each other but cannot connect to the shares ---...