Windows 10: windows 10 never stop update so i cannot use my computer

Discus and support windows 10 never stop update so i cannot use my computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer was working normal until windows update itself. this update last about 3 hours and when it finish and restart , again it says windows would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by matildematilde, Sep 16, 2019.

1. windows 10 never stop update so i cannot use my computer

My computer was working normal until windows update itself. this update last about 3 hours and when it finish and restart , again it says windows would up date. it doesn't matter how many times windows update the same thing happen.

as consequence office programs which I pay for they say "product unlicensed". now I Cannot use my computer.

:)

matildematilde, Sep 16, 2019
  2. R-T-B Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

That doesn't stop windows update from grabbing them on next run, at least it didn't back in the RTM days. It simply stops a secondary process from installing them immediately.

R-T-B, Sep 16, 2019
  3. RCoon Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically installing new and updated drivers constantly (particularly for GPU users with stable drivers)

• Right click "My Computer"
    • Click "Properties"
    • Click on "Hardware" tab
    • Click "Device Installation Settings"
    • Tick the "No, let me choose what to do"
    • Tick "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

RCoon, Sep 16, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

windows 10 never stop update so i cannot use my computer

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 never stop update so i cannot use my computer

1. windows 10 never stop update so i cannot use my computer - Similar Threads - never stop update

2. I cannot update my Windows 10!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot update my Windows 10!!: I need help, I cannot install the latest update of Windows. I used to be able to, somehow I cannot. I don't want to lose my files. I have two operating systems on this PC, I don't think there is a way to fix my update on my main one. They are both signed into the same...
  3. World of Tanks on my computer -BUT I NEVER DOWNLOADED IT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    World of Tanks on my computer -BUT I NEVER DOWNLOADED IT: I have been trying to get World of Tanks off of my computer for a week. Whenever I try to uninstall it, I get the 'do you want this program to be able to make changes' pop-up and it says the verified publisher is Microsoft Windows. When I select 'yes', it opens the Command...
  4. So Wininit.exe was using up my cpu so I checked it out...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    So Wininit.exe was using up my cpu so I checked it out...: So my wininit.exe process has been using over 50% of cpu. At first I was thinking it was a system idle process sorta thing but I got curious and started digging around and when I entered properties I saw some strange things. I might be over reacting but this is very...
  5. Cannot Update My Computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot Update My Computer: Windows 10 64Bit All my Autodesk products would not work anymore on my PC. I have been farting around to find a solution. That took me to making sure my PC is currently updated; the Autodesk technicians asked me to make sure. I completely removed all Autodesk traces from my...
  6. Why is my computer so slow? (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is my computer so slow? (Windows 10): I have a few games on my computer that are pretty small and when I had a windows 7 laptop a few months ago it ran smoothly so why on this new windows 10 does my games run so slow? AND when I hit the little windows button its laggy when Im in that little pop up on the bottom...
  7. Started Oct Update and never reboot so the update can finish... How do I stop the update...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Started Oct Update and never reboot so the update can finish... How do I stop the update...: I had started the Oct upgrade before finding about the delete. Now my windows 10 update is pending for a reboot... How do I stop the upgrade from happening when I reboot....
  8. My Windows 10 never updates properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Windows 10 never updates properly: I had bought a Windows 10 CD for my laptop after my Toshiba Satellite preloaded with 8.1 suddenly crashed. After few months my pc started showing that my windows is not activated and that my product key is invalid. Now it even stopped installing the updates . My build number...
  9. how do i make it so my computer never ever reboots overnight?

in Windows 10 Support
    how do i make it so my computer never ever reboots overnight?: Numerical amount regarding work I lost this morning since my computer rebooted itself last night was tons. 113874
  10. hacked? - computer logged into user name I never use

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hacked? - computer logged into user name I never use: I got home today and woke my laptop from hibernation and discovered it was logged into the Admin account, which I never use. I am the only one with overt access to my computer. I use a secured wifi, windows firewall (which may be my mistake), and AVG. It seems I may have...