Windows 10: Windows 10 New Computer - Reset - Stuck in Loop

Discus and support Windows 10 New Computer - Reset - Stuck in Loop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I've searched dozens of posts about the "reset loop" problem but most seem to involve upgraded computers and none exactly describe my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ErikAZ, Dec 22, 2015.

1. ErikAZ Win User

Windows 10 New Computer - Reset - Stuck in Loop

Hello,

I've searched dozens of posts about the "reset loop" problem but most seem to involve upgraded computers and none exactly describe my situation. I would appreciate any help you could provide.

Computer - HP Envy x360 Laptop, i5 processor, 8gb ram, onboard video, not sure about motherboard, Windows 10 OS

1. Bought computer this week. Turned on and set up fine and called it a night.

2. It auto-installed updates on Tuesday night.

3. This morning running very buggy and erratic. After a few hours of messing with it I used the "factory reset" option where it wipes everything and gives you a fresh windows 10.

4. It was resetting for a few hours then I received message "error resetting your computer" and the only button was "cancel" which I hit. It then turned off.

5. I turned it on after a few minutes and it loads the HP logo splash screen, holds for a few seconds then go black and do it all over again. It just repeats this over and over again.

Notes:

1. I don't have recovery media as it's a new computer and I haven't had time to create it yet (it had nothing loaded on it).

2. My other computer is Windows 7 and I have no plans to upgrade it as I use it for work and my VPN requires 7 or 8.1.

3. I have been able to access the BIOS (F10) screen if needed.

Anyone have any ideas how I can fix this short of returning it and getting a new one? I'm sure this is just some kind of software glitch and I hate to have to return it and deal with Best Buy on Christmas week. I've read there is downloadable media available from Microsoft to create a boot USB but I don't know where to find this and if this would even work nor do I know the steps to take to run it.

Help please! Thank you.

*cry

:)

ErikAZ, Dec 22, 2015

2. Stuck into automatic repair loop in Windows 10 error ''The drive where Windows is installed is locked''

Stuck into automatic repiar loop in Windows 10. When I try to reset the PC it says that the drive where Windows is installed is locked. Cannot start windows from USB

Original title: Stuck into automatic repiar loop in Windows 10.

Mwmwmwmwmwmw, Dec 22, 2015
  3. rt-ec-ca Win User
    HP Laptop Windows 10 reset to factory default

I have an HP Laptop with Windows 10. I reset the computer to factory default. It is stuck at 64% installing windows. It is one continuous loop and it will not move. Please provide instructions on how to fix.

rt-ec-ca, Dec 22, 2015
  4. dencal Win User

You should be able to download a Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft using your Windows 7 computer.
    This would give you the option of either repairing your W10 computer or a complete clean installation.

dencal, Dec 22, 2015
  5. ErikAZ Win User
    I will give it a shot I'm creating the USB drive now and will post on my success (hopefully) or failure (I hope not) when completed. Thanks for the prompt response!

ErikAZ, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 New Computer - Reset - Stuck in Loop - Similar Threads - Computer Reset Stuck

2. Stuck in a reset loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in a reset loop: Hello. I was factory resetting my MSI laptop when the battery died and cut the computer off. When I turned it back on the msi logo pops up .loads the reset screen for a couple of seconds then starts that process all over again non stop....
  3. HP Computer Stuck In Reset Loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HP Computer Stuck In Reset Loop: I was doing a factory reset on my computer when it died and ran out of battery at 64% progress. When I turned the computer back on it gave me the HP logo, went to the progress screen for the reset, that went back to the HP screen. What can I do to fix this? I’ve tried looking...
  4. Stuck in reset loop on Windows 10 laptop

Stuck in reset loop on Windows 10 laptop: I recently had my laptop repaired. On trying to add a second email account after the repair I had problems. The suggested solution was to update which I did. This resulted in a flickering screen and no access to programs. system restore did not work so I tried a reset from...
  5. Windows Computer Stuck On Loop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Computer Stuck On Loop: Hello, a while ago I was notified that my computer did not have enough space to update so I cleared some space and deleted some of my apps and tried again. It worked and it started updating, I went to sleep because it was the night for me. The next day, I come to my computer...
  6. Windows 10 reset stuck in restart loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 reset stuck in restart loop: Hi, I am using a Lenovo Yoga 910 laptop and all was going fine till last week when suddenly my laptop started getting blue screen errors on a frequent basis. It got so problematic that every time I restarted the pc it would restart in 5 mins due to a BSOD error. I tried...
  7. After windows Reset, it's stuck in a loop.

After windows Reset, it's stuck in a loop.: Windows 10. Windows was frozen and locked me out so I had to restart the computer using hard shut down. Once it was back to login screen, I put in my password and it was spinning in the login screen and it loaded the desktop. I tried couple more times. I tried Safe Mode...
  8. computer stuck in loop

computer stuck in loop: My computer is constantly running a Repair Disk error program that says it could take up to 1 hour but has been running for 15 hours I have tried to reboot but with no success it just keeps reappearing How can I close it down Any help would be greatly appreciated...
  9. Computer stuck in a loop after factory reset

Computer stuck in a loop after factory reset: So I factory reset my Dell Inspiron 15 5000 because I want to give it as a gift to my younger brother. Now its stuck on a loop of restarting. It starts when i get to this screen [IMG]after I click next it goes to this[IMG]which causes it to go to a loadin page that says just...
  10. Reset Windows 10 Stuck In Loop

Reset Windows 10 Stuck In Loop: I'm giving my Dell Inspiron Laptop with Windows 10 away, so I performed a "reset" to clean it up. It has got stuck in a Loop, please see the image. I connected it to WiFi/Internet on the first occasion to allow it to update but it still goes to Boot when I click "Next"...