Windows 10: Windows 10 New Folder on desktop delay

Discus and support Windows 10 New Folder on desktop delay in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows Version: 10 Pro, 1809 When I right click on the desktop & hover over new, there is about a 5 second delay before the options appear. Anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FWA Nilla, Feb 14, 2019.

1. FWA Nilla Win User

Windows 10 New Folder on desktop delay

Windows Version: 10 Pro, 1809

When I right click on the desktop & hover over new, there is about a 5 second delay before the options appear. Anyone know how to fix this?

:)

FWA Nilla, Feb 14, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 14, 2019
  3. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 14, 2019
  4. gudiya#1 Win User

creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Thanks, the step you mentioned

Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.
    • Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

It's working for me. But my new folder option is not working anywhere not in desktop as well as not in file explorer. Whenever I am placing my cursor on new folder option, its first spinning for few seconds then goes to close the file
    explorer and refresh the desktop once.

gudiya#1, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 New Folder on desktop delay - Similar Threads - Folder desktop delay

2. Windows 10 - creating a new desktop folder removes desktop background image.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - creating a new desktop folder removes desktop background image.: Any time I create a new folder on my desktop, the background image disappears and becomes black. I can manually re-assign a background image. The image will also reappear if I restart the computer. Does anyone know why this is happening and/or how to stop this from happening....
  3. Windows 10 - creating a new desktop folder removes desktop background image.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - creating a new desktop folder removes desktop background image.: Any time I create a new folder on my desktop, the background image disappears and becomes black. I can manually re-assign a background image. The image will also reappear if I restart the computer. Does anyone know why this is happening and/or how to stop this from happening....
  4. Win 10 Explorer Delay in Producing New Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Explorer Delay in Producing New Folders: Hi everyone, First post, apologies if this has been covered before, could not find any existing references. Recent issue occured on all 3 of my Win 10 Home PC's which I can't resolve. All Win 10 Home, versions, 2004 19041.630, V.1909 18363.189 and V.20H2 Have registered the...
  5. new folder on desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    new folder on desktop: every time I make a new folder on the desktop it places it at the top left corner I have everything organized in a certain way but every time I make a new folder or move something to the desktop it goes to the top left corner and messes up all the organizing i had and i have...
  6. Creating a 'new folder' on the desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating a 'new folder' on the desktop: On both windows 10 computers, when I right click the desktop, to try and create a 'new folder', the computer does not recognize the desktop and can not create a new folder....
  7. Delay in 'new folder' creation and in copy-pasting files

Delay in 'new folder' creation and in copy-pasting files: I noticed this problem recently, perhaps after the latest update not sure . If I try to create a new folder in a directory, either by right-click>>New>>Folder or by clicking the 'New Folder' button, one of these things happen : 1. Nothing happens, the folder does not get...
  8. New Desktop Folder

New Desktop Folder: Since the last Windows update I can no longer create a new file by right clicking and selecting new. The options are there but If I try to do that my computer momentarily freezes then nothing happens. Googling this issue shows I am not alone but I have not yet found a...
  9. new folder delay 30 seconds

new folder delay 30 seconds: When I right click and choose 'new folder' it now takes 30 seconds for it to complete that task. It just seems to go dead until it finally gives me the new folder I requested. This started after this last major windows update 2 days ago. I have Windows 10. Thanks for any...
  10. connect new desktop folders to existing desktop folders?

connect new desktop folders to existing desktop folders?: cannot connect from new desktop to existing laptop to updates files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/connect-new-desktop-folders-to-existing-desktop/845c127b-d8d4-4bfc-bc8c-0ed31bb5b090

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delay in win 10 file manager new folder

2. windows 10 New Folder delay

3. windows 10 - new - delay

4. delay new folder,
  5. desktop delay,
  6. delay in creating new folders windows,
  7. broswer opening when i boot win 10,
  8. new folder windows 10 delay