Windows 10: Windows 10 new patch is out to ready your PC for next big update

Discus and support Windows 10 new patch is out to ready your PC for next big update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 has introduced a new ‘Windows as a Service’ model whereby your device will be updated frequently with fixes, improvements and new features.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Nov 22, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 new patch is out to ready your PC for next big update

Windows 10 has introduced a new ‘Windows as a Service’ model whereby your device will be updated frequently with fixes, improvements and new features. Microsoft is now rolling out a new compatibility update to devices which are not ready to receive the latest upgrade from Microsoft.

Microsoft is currently rolling out the Windows 10 October 2020 Update to users gradually and it plans to release another feature update in 2021. As you’re likely aware, whenever a new Windows 10 update is around the corner – which happens twice a year – Microsoft begins deploying compatibility update.

Yesterday, Microsoft started rolling out Windows 10 KB4023057 to users with version 2004 or newer. Only some users are receiving it currently, but others might get it in the coming weeks or after a few months.

In an update to its support document, Microsoft said that this patch will try to take several steps to prepare your device and check its compatibility with Windows 10 updates. For example, it will attempt to free up your disk space by clearing the temporary files if you do not have enough disk space.

Microsoft will add additional files and resources to Windows 10 installation to “make sure that updates are installed” smoothly on your device. In addition, Windows 10 KB4023057 for version 2004 will also improve the reliability and security of devices.

Here’s a list of changes this patch could make to your system:

• Reset your network settings automatically if problems are detected.
    • Reset your Windows Registry: Any keys that may be preventing updates from being installed will be clean up.
    • Disable, repair or modify Windows components responsible for Windows Update.
    • Compress files in your profile directory.
    • Reset Windows Update database.

Microsoft confirmed that the patch will still respect your Windows Update configurations like the active hours. Also, the patch might clear your Windows Update history if it attempts to repair Windows Update components.

The post Windows 10 new patch is out to ready your PC for next big update appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Nov 22, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 22, 2020
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Nov 22, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

GRID 1.2 PC patch released

For all GRID racing owners:

The folks at Codemasters have released a new PC patch for their recent racing sim game GRID and we have it ready to grab right here at Big Download. The 1.2 patch has a number of fixes and changes for the game which we have right here:

• Fix for sessions list overflow and missing characters in front end.
    • Fix for errors generated on game shutdown
    • Support for TrackIR
    • Online experience points: more points awarded for completing longer races
    • Assists on/off toggle added to session creation and browsing
    • All offline events (apart from head-to-heads and touge) are now available online (event voting screen now scrolls to see additional championships).
    • Fix for failure to recognise some devices in user-created action map presets, including Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2.
    • Fixed GRID startup issue where it appears as a process in Task Manager but fails to run.
    • Additional experience points are awarded for not colliding with other cars whilst racing damage on or forward sessions

Yahoo

Patch download:
    Yahoo

P4-630, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 new patch is out to ready your PC for next big update - Similar Threads - patch ready next

2. Windows 10 just got another surprise patch ahead of next big update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 just got another surprise patch ahead of next big update: Windows 10 version 21H1 is around the corner and Microsoft has now started rolling out a new patch ‘KB4023057’ to prepare devices for the next big update. KB4023057 is a mandatory update for ‘Windows 10 Update Service components’ and it has been designed to fix issues with...
  3. Microsoft is already testing the next big Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is already testing the next big Windows 10 update: Over the past few weeks, Microsoft has released a flurry of new releases on the Windows testing front without any exciting changes. Essentially, what’s happening here is that Microsoft is publicly testing Windows 10 21H1 preview builds with Insiders without any new features,...
  4. How to get your PC ready for Windows 10 October 2020 Update

in Windows 10 News
    How to get your PC ready for Windows 10 October 2020 Update: Generally, you don’t have to make any changes to your computer for Windows 10 feature updates, but in some cases, it’s best to make sure that you don’t have underlying problems in your system that could prevent future updates. Microsoft is planning to begin the rollout of...
  5. Windows 10 May 2020 Update is ready. What’s next?

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2020 Update is ready. What’s next?: Development of Windows 10 is a continuous process and it receives features updates on an approximately six-month cadence. The feature updates bring significant improvements, user-facing changes, and as well as security improvements to enterprise features. The Windows 10 May...
  6. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 " The next Windows feature update is ready and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 " The next Windows feature update is ready and...: Good Evening, I got the above message " The next Windows feature update is ready and includes reliability, performance and security improvements. " ie for Version 1909….I'm currently running 1809 Home. If I accept this update, download and install Do I loose any data...
  7. How big is the new windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How big is the new windows 10 update?: I am on a limited data plan. I just need to know how big the file is so I knw how much data I am going to spend on this. An estimate is good enough. Thank you....
  8. New leak reveals codename of next big Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 News
    New leak reveals codename of next big Windows 10 update: While all eyes are on the re-launch of Windows 10 October 2018 Update, a new leak has revealed what’s next for the operating sytem. We all know that Windows 10 19H1 update is the next big release after the October 2018 Update and it’s supposed to come out in the Spring of...
  9. What to expect from Microsoft’s next big Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 News
    What to expect from Microsoft’s next big Windows 10 update: Microsoft last month released Windows 10 April 2018 Update. Windows 10 version 1803 codenamed Redstone 4 will be pushed automatically to systems that are considered to be fully compatible in the coming weeks. By the summer, the update would become available for download on...
  10. Your Windows 10 Update May Actually Be Ready

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Your Windows 10 Update May Actually Be Ready: This morning (update Tuesday) I was checking my systems to launch the updates and as I always do, I checked the Windows 10 Update App and it said my update was 'almost' there. Well after all of today's updates were done, I went into the Windows 8 Update status in the...