Windows 10: Windows 10 new PC instantly connected to Wi-Fi out of the box and asking for login?

Discus and support Windows 10 new PC instantly connected to Wi-Fi out of the box and asking for login? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just purchased 2 laptops with Windows 10. I took out the first one, connected to Wi-Fi (had to use 5Gh as the 2.4 a couple feet away seemed to be... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MichaelEPQ, May 22, 2019.

1. Windows 10 new PC instantly connected to Wi-Fi out of the box and asking for login?

I just purchased 2 laptops with Windows 10.

I took out the first one, connected to Wi-Fi (had to use 5Gh as the 2.4 a couple feet away seemed to be unstable). Then I was forced to create a MS account, could not create a local one. I signed in and could create a new local only user if I wanted to.

Then I opened the second box. Turned it on and it is strait to the login screen, not Wi-Fi, not create new account just login? I tried my newly created MS login. Got an error saying service is currently unavailable. (in case anybody wanted to know why I use local logins). I tried random entries and I either got the account does not exist or the password is incorrect, but no option to create a new one.

After about 30 minutes or so I was able to log in with my MS account. Interestingly I could not create a local login like with the other laptop, but I could switch to a local login instead?? So clearly they are using different version.

Also in the windows store on the first machine, I could not get anything at all, such as Ublock Origin for Edge without a MS login, but on the second free apps loaded fine without issue. It asked for a MS login, but continues after I closed the prompt.

Anyway, the one thing I did not do on the second machine is connect to Wi-Fi or even select a MS account. Somehow it already had it, possibly from the first machine. Similarly it may have had login data as I could not even create a new account at all. I wonder if a different account would have worked as well.

I am very concerned that a new windows 10 PC can gain access to my private home WiFi right out of the box. How can I stop it?

:)

MichaelEPQ, May 22, 2019
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, May 22, 2019
  3. Meghana C Win User
    unable to connect Wi-Fi on Windows 10

Hi,

I will certainly help with the issue you are facing with connecting to network.

Kindly follow the below methods:

Method 1:

I suggest you to delete the network and reconnect.

Please follow the steps:

• Type settings in search bar and press enter.

• Go to network and internet and select
      Wi-Fi option.

• Click on manage and delete the network which is not connected.

• Disable and enable Wi-Fi option, then the network will be available in the
      available networks.

• Select the network and connect to it by providing password.

If the issue still persist follow method 2.

Method 2:

I suggest you to connect the computer to the network manually.

Please follow the below steps:

• Right click on the network icon which is in the notification area.

• Select open network and sharing center.

• Then select setup a new connection or network.

• Under choose a connection option select
      set up a new network.

• Choose the network which you want to connect and provide the login credentials.

For more information regarding network issues, I suggest you to refer the below article on
    “Fix network connection issues in Windows 10”

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

Please get back to us if you still face any difficulty in network connection.

Thank you.

Meghana C, May 22, 2019
  4. Windows 10 new PC instantly connected to Wi-Fi out of the box and asking for login?

Marivel Man, May 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 new PC instantly connected to Wi-Fi out of the box and asking for login?

1. Windows 10 new PC instantly connected to Wi-Fi out of the box and asking for login? - Similar Threads - instantly connected box

2. Windows 10 No Wi-Fi connection,

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 No Wi-Fi connection,: I have a HP main frame computer and laptop. Both with windows 10. My ISP is sky and is wireless connection. I have wireless connection on the laptop but no internet connection on the main frame. Have done all the usual problem solving as per windows 10 instructions. I...
  3. Wi-Fi not connecting in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wi-Fi not connecting in Windows 10: submitted by /u/Mc_King_95 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jytajg/wifi_not_connecting_in_windows_10/
  4. Windows 10 'Wi-FI' Connectivity!

Windows 10 'Wi-FI' Connectivity!: The Question was "No WIFI networks are shown, I mean WIFI adapter shows no WIFI networks even though it is enabled". Even I had the same question and problem but after trying all methods found a solution!! Here's how: Step 1: Open Control Panel and go to Network and...
  5. How to connect to a new Wi-Fi connection?

How to connect to a new Wi-Fi connection?: Split from this thread. I need to connect my desktop to windows 10 with a new wi fi user name and password ***Modified title from: I need to connect my desktop to windows 10 with a new wi fi user name and password***...
  6. Wi- Fi connection on Windows 10

Wi- Fi connection on Windows 10: Hello and thanks to those who replied to my earlier post about getting wi-fi set up. I've now bought a Max Digi dongle and downloaded the driver from Realteck. My PC recognises these but still won't connect up. I suspect that the problem is Windows Defender since the shield...
  7. PC connection issue (Wi-Fi)

PC connection issue (Wi-Fi): I have 2 PCs hooked up, both running Windows 10. My PC in the living room is connected directly to the cable modem and I am using a portable Wi-Fi adapter (Netgear Genie) for my PC in the bedroom. Everything was working fine until a few days ago when I lost my Wi-Fi signal in...
  8. PC connection issue (Wi-Fi)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC connection issue (Wi-Fi): I have 2 PCs hooked up, both running Windows 10. My PC in the living room is connected directly to the cable modem and I am using a portable Wi-Fi adapter (Netgear Genie) for my PC in the bedroom. Everything was working fine until a few days ago when I lost my Wi-Fi signal in...
  9. Wi Fi connections

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi Fi connections: My laptop connection to the WIFI hub disconnects when I connect an HP 1200 printer and vice versa. I can only use one or the other at one time. It was working fine until today and not sure what might have changed....
  10. No Wi-Fi connection Window 10

No Wi-Fi connection Window 10: Hi, I have no Wi-Fi connection, and when I check IP Configuration it states...................... Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi : Media state......................................... : Media disconnected Connection Specific DNS Suffix : Wireless LAN adapter Local Area...