Windows 10: Windows 10 new PC keeps restarting and giving error message "VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE" what failed...

Discus and support Windows 10 new PC keeps restarting and giving error message "VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE" what failed... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; SPECS CPU: Intel Core i5-9600K Desktop Processor 6 Cores up to 4.6 GHz Turbo Unlocked LGA1151 300 Series 95W GPU : EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 XC Gaming,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FixKole, Mar 22, 2019.

1. FixKole Win User

Windows 10 new PC keeps restarting and giving error message "VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE" what failed...

SPECS

CPU: Intel Core i5-9600K Desktop Processor 6 Cores up to 4.6 GHz Turbo Unlocked LGA1151 300 Series 95W

GPU : EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 XC Gaming, 8GB GDDR6, Dual HDB Fans & RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-2172-K

Power: Corsair CX Series 550 Watt 80 Plus Bronze Certified Modular Power Supply (CP-9020102-NA)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 Desktop Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15)
    Storage: Seagate BarraCuda Internal Hard Drive 2TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch (ST2000DM006)
    Mother Board : MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus LGA1151 (Intel 8th and 9th Gen) M.2 USB 3.1 Gen 2 DDR4 HDMI DVI CFX ATX Z390 Gaming Motherboard

ISSUE:

Fresh new build, first time building a gaming PC (all the parts are fairly new)

Finished loading up and installing windows 10

Started to get Drivers for the computer and loaded in fine

GPU Driver install was strange, flickering on the screen (which I was told was normal) then black screen and nothing

Restarted

Got this message: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE what failed: nvddmkm.sys

Later I also got: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

and then automatically would restart

Repeated for awhile until I got access to the auto recovery system (ARS) from which I did a system restore.

loaded up got to the locked screen and the screen was all weird and looked corrupted

so restarted again until I got to the ARS and went into safe mode and rolled back my drivers for my GPU since when I went to update the drivers the computer told me it was the best ones available.

After rolling back my GPU drivers I was able to enter my desktop and everything seemed fine so I attempted another download of the GPU drivers which resulted in the constant repeating restarting with the message of VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE

Tried to reset my PC and had the same issue with VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE

after a bunch more restarts it is now stuck on a blue screen and with my cursor on it

and I seem unable to access the ARS (from what I understand is able to be accessed after restarting the computer a few times by holding down the power button)

Please, any help is appreciated.

:)

FixKole, Mar 22, 2019

2. What is causing Prime 95 to keep failing all the time in the first 10 minutes?

...and what will be your next step if THAT fails to make Prime stable? More volts?

I would think you would want to be using the LEAST amount of volts possible (for heat and longevity issues). That's why I suggested you use a more scientific approach to troubleshooting your instabilty. Meaning, IF your RAM passes 10 loops of MemTest with no errors at the speed you are trying to run, AND Prime continues to fail, THEN consider giving a bump to NB, FSB and Vcore (in that order).

Dr. Spankenstein, Mar 22, 2019
  3. Blue screen error VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (atikmpag.sys)

Everytime l turn on my sony laptop which has windows 10 installed l get an error message saying "your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart" and gives me the error which is VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE. Once it finishs collecting error information it restarts
    and ends up giving me the same blue error message screen and continues to restart itselfs over and over again. Therefore l am unable to access any settings on the device and the only solutions l can find online require me to be able to boot up the laptop
    and access the settings through the desktop. Is there anyway to fix this error thanks

Original title: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (atikmpag.sys)

BrandonRhodesSB, Mar 22, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 new PC keeps restarting and giving error message "VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE" what failed...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 new PC keeps restarting and giving error message "VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE" what failed... - Similar Threads - keeps restarting giving

2. My PC keeps restarting without error message by an 0x00000116

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC keeps restarting without error message by an 0x00000116: I was wondering why my PC suddenly started restarting for no reason, so i went to the Event Viewer thing to see the Windows System Protocols. And it seems to be a Blue Screen error called "0x00000116 0xffffb2816d56b010, 0xfffff80595bbe0c0, 0xffffffffc000009a,...
  3. My PC keeps restarting without error message by an 0x00000116

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC keeps restarting without error message by an 0x00000116: I was wondering why my PC suddenly started restarting for no reason, so i went to the Event Viewer thing to see the Windows System Protocols. And it seems to be a Blue Screen error called "0x00000116 0xffffb2816d56b010, 0xfffff80595bbe0c0, 0xffffffffc000009a,...
  4. Blue Screen Video_TDR_Failure Error Message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen Video_TDR_Failure Error Message: Hello everybody, I have encountered a "Blue Screen Of Death" error message with Stop code Video_TDR_Failure. The specific program that caused it is nviddmkm.sys So from what I understand this is software related to my Nvidia video adapter that I bought my laptop with, which...
  5. Camera Windows 10 giving error message

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera Windows 10 giving error message: My camera was working and suddenly has stopped. I need it as I am a teacher. Webcams are all sold out. My laptop is less than 1 year old. I have done EVERYTHING suggested. I am really disappointed that there isn't anyone that can help me fix this. Please help!!...
  6. Stop code: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE What failed: atikmpag.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stop code: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE What failed: atikmpag.sys: I built a new computer last week and it keeps crashing when I play games. It happens even when I'm in lobbys not playing the game sometimes too. A blue screen pops up with a VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE stop code and atikmpag.sys is what it says failed. I have all up to date drivers and...
  7. Failed update, pc keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Failed update, pc keeps restarting: Hey everyone I probably got the wrong reddit sub? sorry if that's the case. The thing is my computer stopped working a while ago or rather is stuck in an endless restating cycle. What happened is that the update for windows 10 1903 started unexpectedly ( I was still on 1890),...
  8. Error message when restarting windows 10 pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error message when restarting windows 10 pc: Hi all i get this windows defender error message when i restart my windows 10 pc everytime can anyone has an insight on this. Thanks buddies[IMG]...
  9. What is Driver Toaster, and why is it giving this error message?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is Driver Toaster, and why is it giving this error message?: I updated to FCU 1709 a few days ago, and now I periodically get this popup error: [img] The picture, above, has poor contrast. The title bar reads: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\DriverToaster_1.5.0.0_x86__rqs2nt378nwsp\DriverToaster.exe The body of the popup reads:...
  10. Error Message on restarting PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Error Message on restarting PC: I formatted and installed 10041 yesterday and I'm getting this error when I tell the PC to restart. Windows seems to be functioning properly and its probably just a quirk of the development which should just disappear in final build. 4997

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my laptop keeps restarting with a code video tdr failure