Windows 10: Windows 10 New UI Not Working

Discus and support Windows 10 New UI Not Working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Greetings, Microsoft! Recently, I noticed that some parts of my Windows 10 installation is not working, and I'd like to get them back. Here's a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DRS David Soft, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Windows 10 New UI Not Working

Greetings, Microsoft!

Recently, I noticed that some parts of my Windows 10 installation is not working, and I'd like to get them back.

Here's a list of what's not working:

• PC settings (or the "immersive" control panel) → this just doesn't open at all.
    • Photos, Groove and other "Store" apps → doesn't work. at all. Instead, they take a couple of minutes, and give me this:
      "File system error (-2147219200). "
    • Microsoft Store → doesn't work at all, either. I suspect that actually none of my "store" apps work.
    • Start Menu, Timeline, Win + X → does not open, any of them. does not spit any error messages.
    • Time/Clock in the tray-bar → does not open the usual calendar menu, or anything at all.
    • Action Center → does not open, at all.
    • Cortana → same as everything else.

What I have already checked:

• SFC /scannow → Microsoft's popular tool to check and restore system health, does nothing but reporting mscormmc.dll mismatches. Not useful.
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth → Again, doesn't seem to report any issues or restoring any health.

With all due respect, please understand that I do NOT have a broken Windows installation, so please do NOT suggest running those repairing tools above.

I need to mention that I have installed some customization tools on Windows, and I believe a recent update package could have caused this.

Here's a list of What I have installed:

• Classic Shell: replaces Windows 10's default Start Menu. This one actually works, even better than native Start Menu UI in Windows 10.
    • 7+ Taskbar Tweaker: adds the missing features that I need from the taskbar (e.g. re-order tasks, scroll to change volume)
    • I also used to have Aero Glass 8, but that's disabled at the moment.
    • I use the latest version of ESET Internet Security as my anti-virus, and have disabled Defender, if that helps to mention.

So, now to the actual troubleshooting:

• Disabling anti-virus → does nothing, still the same.
    • Exitting Classic Shell → does nothing, still the same.
    • Stopping 7+ Taskbar Tweaker → does nothing, still the same.
    • Rebooting is safe-mode: success! the native taskbar works, photos works, but ms store doesn't work.
      (I see a lot of non-crucial services are stopped in safe mode. I have Apache, MariaDB and some services installed.)
    • Back to normal mode, disabled the aforementioned services → does not work. Still the same.
    • Give "ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES" permission to ‪C:\Program Files\WindowsApps → does not solve issue.

Let's try some Microsoft ".diagcab" troubleshooting wizards:

apps.diagcab / Appsdiagnostic10.diagcab

1. Asks to turn on UAC → doesn't seem to do anything. Windows Store Apps worked before with UAC disabled, and I read many more users complained the same thing, so I ignore this as being irrelevent.
    2. Starts BITS service and tweaks registery.
    3. Complains that "Service registration is missing or corrupt" and it has fixed it → does nothing. Start Menu, PC settings and Photos still does NOT open.

I have searched both "answers.microsoft.com" and the rest of the web for a solution to this, and I haven't found out anything.

Things that are out of question for me:

• Re-install, Refresh, re-set Windows → No way, this system has way more configuration on it to remove it from existence. Besides, I know that "re-installing" windows will certainly fix the problem, that is painfully obvious. What that may not be obvious to you is that what you are suggesting is not a solution (which I'm asking for), it's instead clearing the issue.

Conclusion: Something is preventing from me accessing the "apps" things of windows. All other types of executables still work.

I'd like to kindly ask you to help me find the cause of this, so I can know how to exactly solve this issue.

I'll be glad to provide any kind of testing/debugging/logs, etc, to trace the issue. I want to know why this is happening.

Could you please help me?

<hr>

P.S. Thanks for understanding my issue, I do not need you to declare it, please, and sorry.

I would really appreciate it, if you could just get to the point.

• I'm sorry, I don't want to be rude, but please if you are posting a reply, do not post an non-useful one.
    • I'm tired of reading "Hi, I understand your problem and I will be assisting you today".
    • I'm also tired of reading "do sfc /scannow" and do "dism /....". As I said, I already have done that.
    • I fully know and understand that this is a free, "public community" service. I do not expect fast nor percise replies.
      Take your time, and share your knowledge, if you can guide me on how to resolve my issue.

I'm really sorry for sounding so demanding like that, but I would really like to get an actual answer here, not customer service or tech support. Windows 10 New UI Not Working :(

Thank you for your time.

:)

DRS David Soft, Aug 7, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 7, 2018
  3. New Steam UI out today!

I feel like an old man but I hate this new UI. Its to confusing. Plus my firends list stopped working.

TheMailMan78, Aug 7, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 New UI Not Working

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 New UI Not Working

1. Windows 10 New UI Not Working - Similar Threads - Working

2. Windows 11 cannot access Windows 10 error, but it works - how to resolve error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 cannot access Windows 10 error, but it works - how to resolve error: When I try to access my Windows 10 PC from my Windows 11 PC both on the same network, I receive this pop-up message:Network ErrorWindows cannot access \\<Windows 10 PC name>Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network. To try to...
  3. Windows 11 cannot access Windows 10 error, but it works - how to resolve error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 cannot access Windows 10 error, but it works - how to resolve error: When I try to access my Windows 10 PC from my Windows 11 PC both on the same network, I receive this pop-up message:Network ErrorWindows cannot access \\<Windows 10 PC name>Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network. To try to...
  4. Mute/Unmute Mic Button on Keyboard Doesn’t Work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mute/Unmute Mic Button on Keyboard Doesn’t Work: The key to mute/unmute my mic hasn't been working recently. Usually, it would show a semi-transparent pop-up whenever I'd press it like in the picture below, but now it doesn't show a pop-up at all. Pressing it seems to have no effect on whether my mic is on or off I tried...
  5. Mute/Unmute Mic Button on Keyboard Doesn’t Work

Mute/Unmute Mic Button on Keyboard Doesn’t Work: The key to mute/unmute my mic hasn't been working recently. Usually, it would show a semi-transparent pop-up whenever I'd press it like in the picture below, but now it doesn't show a pop-up at all. Pressing it seems to have no effect on whether my mic is on or off I tried...
  6. So I got a bug from install roblox, i tried all of the way to do and it seem doesn't work...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So I got a bug from install roblox, i tried all of the way to do and it seem doesn't work...: So basically it's the install bug and my dad bring my laptop to repair for low disk and deleted all of the memory of SSD, also no back up for me then, the Install so hard like i can't even play roblox in 2 Hours for just a bug. Tried every way solution and i don't think that...
  7. So I got a bug from install roblox, i tried all of the way to do and it seem doesn't work...

So I got a bug from install roblox, i tried all of the way to do and it seem doesn't work...: So basically it's the install bug and my dad bring my laptop to repair for low disk and deleted all of the memory of SSD, also no back up for me then, the Install so hard like i can't even play roblox in 2 Hours for just a bug. Tried every way solution and i don't think that...
  8. Pc slows down massively while doing trivial work, never in game. how to fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc slows down massively while doing trivial work, never in game. how to fix?: Last november I build my second ever gaming pc. here are the specs:amd radeon rx 7900 xt asus tufamd ryzen 5 760032 gb ddr5 6000mhz cl30 g.skill RAM2 TB ssd Lexar NM790Asus tuf b650 plus motherboardMSI A850g PSUFUMA scythe 3 cpu coolerSince the beginning at seemingly random...
  9. Pc slows down massively while doing trivial work, never in game. how to fix?

Pc slows down massively while doing trivial work, never in game. how to fix?: Last november I build my second ever gaming pc. here are the specs:amd radeon rx 7900 xt asus tufamd ryzen 5 760032 gb ddr5 6000mhz cl30 g.skill RAM2 TB ssd Lexar NM790Asus tuf b650 plus motherboardMSI A850g PSUFUMA scythe 3 cpu coolerSince the beginning at seemingly random...
  10. brightness key not working

brightness key not working: brightness key is not working and f9 also https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-key-not-working/6832a75b-699d-4cd3-8391-4e8a140fbeec