Windows 10: Windows 10. New users get black screen, start button does not work, task manager doesn't...

Discus and support Windows 10. New users get black screen, start button does not work, task manager doesn't... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; These are laptops with recent upgrade from windows 7 professional. Original local account and windows outlook accounts work perfectly. Windows is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mrg9999, Jun 18, 2019.

1. mrg9999 Win User

Windows 10. New users get black screen, start button does not work, task manager doesn't...

These are laptops with recent upgrade from windows 7 professional.

Original local account and windows outlook accounts work perfectly.

Windows is activated with a digital licence

problem

create new user local or windows account as admin or user.

attempt to login as user get black screen, laptop brightness icons works ok.

Control alt del brings up Lock, switch users, task manager, log out etc.

task manager doesn't display

swapping to existing users works

tried

sfc /scannow

no problems found

tried creating other users same. existing users work fine.

don't know what to try next.

:)

mrg9999, Jun 18, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows 10. New users get black screen, start button does not work, task manager doesn't... [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 18, 2019
  3. Windows 10 black screen and start button flashing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

If you see the black screen only after sign-in
    and you can see a mouse cursor:

• Is it a notebook or tablet? Try using hardware buttons to adjust display brightness up,
    • While at the black screen, try using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to start Task Manager.
    • If it becomes visible, try finding LockAppHost.exe on the Details tab and ending the task.

• If this resolves the black screen, use corruption resolution steps (dism, then sfc), and run the all apps

Press Windows+X.

Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
      and hit Enter.

PowerShell command:

• Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

If this does not work, then Explorer.exe probably crashed. you can start Internet Explorer to achieve an LMI connection to then perform some other troubleshooting:

• In Task Manager, File, Run. iexplore.exe
    • Once you achieve a connection you can use a few tools started from Task Manager to make progress:
    • Appwiz.cpl: Look for Antivirus software or other apps that may cause issues with the shell. Uninstall them. Then restart.
    • Compmgmt.msc: This is Computer Management, where you can find the Event Viewer to search for details on an Explorer.exe error.
    • CMD started as Admin: Use this for various commands, like creating a new administrator user with the following commands (changing “<password>” to something of the customer’s choosing):

net user test <password> /add

net localgroup Administrators test /add

This will give you a test user to try, which will confirm if the issue is user or system-specific.
    Please let us know how it goes.

Rohit Chettri, Jun 18, 2019
  4. Windows 10. New users get black screen, start button does not work, task manager doesn't...

Windows 10 Black Screen explorer.exe

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to resolve this issue.

If you see the black screen only
    after sign-in and you can see a mouse cursor:

• While at the black screen, try using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to start Task Manager.
    • If it becomes visible, try finding LockAppHost.exe on the Details tab and ending the task.
      • If this resolves the black screen, use corruption resolution steps (dism, then sfc), and run the all apps PowerShell command in
    • If this does not work, use File, Run new task in Task Manager to start an Administrator CMD window. Use this to create a new administrator user with the following commands (changing “<password>” to something of the customer’s choosing):

net user test <password> /add

net localgroup Administrators test /add
    • This will give you a test user to try, which will confirm if the issue is user or system-specific.

Also refer the below link for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jun 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10. New users get black screen, start button does not work, task manager doesn't...

1. Windows 10. New users get black screen, start button does not work, task manager doesn't... - Similar Threads - users black screen

2. The new end task button on the taskbar does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The new end task button on the taskbar does not work: When I use the end task button, it does nothing, even for programs with 1 service running. I have to use the task manager anyway. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-new-end-task-button-on-the-taskbar-does-not/54cfe6e7-bc0d-4be7-9a02-8ec01f066e6a
  3. The new end task button on the taskbar does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The new end task button on the taskbar does not work: When I use the end task button, it does nothing, even for programs with 1 service running. I have to use the task manager anyway. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-new-end-task-button-on-the-taskbar-does-not/54cfe6e7-bc0d-4be7-9a02-8ec01f066e6a
  4. Start button doesn't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start button doesn't work: My Start button doesn't work when I left click. The search tool bar also doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-doesnt-work/47f2c01a-17df-45f3-b6f3-c99d2232dd0f
  5. The start button doesn't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The start button doesn't work: The start button doesn't pull up choices like shutdown etc. Nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-start-button-doesnt-work/cad01cc4-2bd7-4aa3-a426-d2d397a2ebd6
  6. Start Button Not Working, Now Screen is Black

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start Button Not Working, Now Screen is Black: Hello, After a Microsoft update to my Windows 10 system I noticed my, "Start" button does not do a thing. I click it and nothing happens. I tried rebooting and now I get a black screen after signing on so I cannot even get to my home page anymore. Not the blue screen of...
  7. Windows 10. New users get black screen, start button does not work

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10. New users get black screen, start button does not work: Windows 10. New users get black screen, start button does not work, task manager doesn't displayThese are laptops with recent upgrade from windows 7 professional. Original local account and windows outlook accounts work perfectly.Windows is activated with a digital licence...
  8. Bottom taskbar, task manager, and start button not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bottom taskbar, task manager, and start button not working: It was all working fine and then i decided to turn on my computer and my bottom taskbar stopped working. i cant click anything on it. i have read how to fix it but people have said to use the start button or task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC) and nothing is working. the rest of my...
  9. Windows black screen no task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows black screen no task manager: I was on my laptop and i logged out when i logged in i got a black screen with a cursor i tried to open the task manager but it didn't open i tried pressing Ctrl alt del but it didnt work i inserted a bootable flash and tried resetting it didn't i tried every possible...
  10. Windows 10 start button doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start button doesn't work: I upgraded recently from w8.1 to w10 using free UG offered by MS. It has been working well until about a week ago, when suddenly one evening (it worked well throughout the day) when I clicked on the start button the tiles did not show up. I have done sfc scan and DIMS/restore...