Windows 10: Windows 10 - New VPN connection is missing 'Certificate' option in 'Type of Sign-in Info'...

Discus and support Windows 10 - New VPN connection is missing 'Certificate' option in 'Type of Sign-in Info'... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have just upgraded existing Windows 7 to Windows 10 in place keeping Apps & Data. The issue I am having now is when attempt to add new VPN... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EM1L, May 30, 2019.

1. EM1L Win User

Windows 10 - New VPN connection is missing 'Certificate' option in 'Type of Sign-in Info'...

I have just upgraded existing Windows 7 to Windows 10 in place keeping Apps & Data.

The issue I am having now is when attempt to add new VPN connection I do not get the "Certificate" option in the "Type of Sign-in Info" dropdown!??

I am trying to setup Azure Point-to-Site (P2S) VPN connection wich is using personal certificates.

I already had this VPN connection under Windows 7 although it wasn't easy to setup I got it working. Now after the upgrade is seems Windows has lost the Certificate authentication type - My old connection does not work and I cannot setup new one because I cannot choose "Certificate" sign-in type.

I have upgrade to Windows 10 Education since I have the license for that. I have read about the difference between Windows 10 Education and the other versions and it looks like the Education is on the same level as Enterprise and I should not be missing any features, certainly not Certificate authentication type on a VPN connection...

Windows 10 - New VPN connection is missing 'Certificate' option in 'Type of Sign-in Info'... c5a3b36a-afaa-4d9d-aafd-70929eae9069?upload=true.png

Can anyone help please, any ideas what I can try?

I saw the same Stackoverflow question, but I don't want to upgrade to another version.

:)

2. VPN connections

Hello CharlesRobbins1

yes it's possible

Please follow these steps

1.Create a VPN profile

If you don't have a VPN profile on your Windows 10 PC, you'll need to create one. Before you start:

If it’s for work, look for VPN settings or a VPN app on your company’s intranet site while you’re at work, or contact your company's support person.

If it’s for a VPN service you subscribe to for personal use, visit the Microsoft Store to see if there’s an app for that service, then go to the VPN service’s website to see if the VPN connection settings to use are listed there.

Select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet > VPN > Add a VPN connection.

In Add a VPN connection, do the following:

For VPN provider, choose Windows (built-in). In the Connection name box, type a friendly name (for example, My Personal VPN) for the VPN connection profile. This is the VPN connection name to look for when you try to connect In the Server name or address box.
    Type the address for the VPN server.

For VPN type, choose the type of VPN connection you want to create. You’ll need to know which kind of VPN connection your company or VPN service uses.

For Type of sign-in info, choose the type of sign-in info (or credentials) to use. This might be a user name and password, one-time password, certificate, or a smart card if you’re connecting to a VPN for work. Type your user name and password in the respective
    boxes (optional).

Select Save.

If you need to edit the VPN connection info or specify additional settings, such as the proxy settings to use for the VPN connection, choose the VPN connection and then select Advanced options.

2. Connect to a VPN

When you have a VPN profile, you’re ready to connect.

On the far right of the taskbar, select the Network icon (either or ).

Select the VPN connection you want to use, then do either of the following depending on what happens when you select the VPN connection:

If the Connect button displays under the VPN connection, select Connect.

If VPN in Settings opens, select the VPN connection there, then select Connect.

If you're prompted, type your user name and password or other sign-in info.

When connected, the VPN connection name will display Connected underneath it.

To see if you’re connected to the VPN while you’re doing things on your PC, select the Network icon (either or ) on the far right of the taskbar, then see if the VPN connection says Connected underneath it.

also yo can see more in this link below

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20510/...

I hope it helps

Pedro V Flores, May 30, 2019
  3. droidus Win User
    Connecting to my VPN

I am trying to connect to a VPN that I just created. I followed these instructions: Support - SparkLabs. In the VPN configuration on my Desktop, I set the VPN Type to Automatic, and Type of sign-in info to Certificate. I left username/password empty. When I attempt to connect to the vpn, I am getting this error: "a certificate could not be found that can be used with this eap". I've imported both client1.crt and ca.crt into Windows. How do I get this to work?

droidus, May 30, 2019
  4. Windows 10 - New VPN connection is missing 'Certificate' option in 'Type of Sign-in Info'...

How to set up a VPN in Windows 7 HELP!!

Following are the steps for configuring Incoming VPN Connection in Windows 7

First go to Control Panel and open Network and Sharing Center.
    Click on Change adapter settings.
    Press Alt+F and select New Incoming connection
    Put a check on who you’d like to give access to this computer or you can configure a new account by clicking on Add someone,after that click on Next.
    Put a check mark on Through the Internet. Click on Next.
    Select the protocols you want to enable for this connection. Click on Allow access.
    Make a note of the Computer name as this will be used by the client to connect to this computer and after that Click on Close.

Following are the steps for configuring Outgoing VPN Connection in Windows 7

First go to Control Panel and open Network and Sharing Center.
    Click on Set up a new connection or network.
    Select Connect to a workplace then click on Next.
    Select Use my internet connection (VPN).
    Type the IP address or computer name where you wish to connect and your connection name under the Destination name field.
    Enter a User name and password that has been granted access to the host computer.
    For getting connected through created VPN connection, you can either right-click on the Network icon in the system tray and select Network and Sharing Center or go to Control Panel and open Network and Sharing Center, and click on Connect to a network.
    Now connect VPN Connection windows will appears.

brandonwh64, May 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - New VPN connection is missing 'Certificate' option in 'Type of Sign-in Info'...

1. Windows 10 - New VPN connection is missing 'Certificate' option in 'Type of Sign-in Info'... - Similar Threads - VPN connection missing

2. Windows 10 Password sign in option missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Password sign in option missing: On my Windows 10 pc the password sign in option is missing. All solution online just tell to turn off the "Requires Windows Hello" option under Accounts -> Sign-in options, however on my PC that option is already off and the password option is still missing. I need a password...
  3. sign in option is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sign in option is missing: How can I get to computer if the sign in option is missing? I tried to restart multiple times already. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-option-is-missing/718932b5-14b1-43b0-813c-c8b4e811790d
  4. sign in option is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sign in option is missing: How can I get to computer if the sign in option is missing? I tried to restart multiple times already. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-option-is-missing/718932b5-14b1-43b0-813c-c8b4e811790d
  5. sign in option is missing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. Missing password option in Windows 10 sign-in options.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing password option in Windows 10 sign-in options.: These are the only 'options' I have. Why can't I sign in with my microsoft password? I just had my hard drive replace and windows reinstalled. My windows password and pin still work but why don't I have the option to sign in with a password anymore?...
  7. Windows 10 VPN with machine certificate

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 VPN with machine certificate: Hi, got a new vpn solution setup at work that uses machine certificates on our laptops for authentication. im trying to setup the vpn ... i select IKEv2 as the authentication type and then i get the extra option for machine certificates. but it tries to connect, looks...
  8. sign-on options missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    sign-on options missing: Why don't I have sign-on options when I boot up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-on-options-missing/dcbab909-36d6-44b7-ad60-058d92b5c1e3
  9. Windows 10 sign in options missing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 sign in options missing: Hello everyone. Today I have an issue that I have never seen before. I have started the HP model 17 Y001AX. When I get to the login screen there is nothing in terms of sign in options. The sign in wallpaper is there but the profile and sign-in options are gone. Any...
  10. Windows 10 sign in options missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 sign in options missing: Hello everyone. Today I have an issue that I have never seen before. I have started the HP model 17 Y001AX. When I get to the login screen there is nothing in terms of sign in options. The sign in wallpaper is there but the profile and sign-in options are gone. Any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. VPN win 1 type of sign in onfo windows missing

2. Windows 10 vpn-type missing