Windows 10: windows 10 newbie

Discus and support windows 10 newbie in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I have just purchased a laptop with windows 10 and have been trying to block all pop ups from from candle jar when using internet browser and have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 1nigelb, Nov 28, 2015.

1. 1nigelb Win User

windows 10 newbie

Hi I have just purchased a laptop with windows 10 and have been trying to block all pop ups from from candle jar when using internet browser and have now blocked start up button, corona and edge how do I resolve please? Nigel

:)

1nigelb, Nov 28, 2015

2. Windows 10 Video Playback Issues

Did you uninstall first or install over the current windows 10? I'm a newbie.

dickgreen65, Nov 28, 2015
  3. david-e Win User
    How to access Windows Store settings - Windows 10

Here's a newbie question. How do I access the settings for the new Windows Store?

I am using Windows 10 on a desktop PC.

david-e, Nov 28, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

windows 10 newbie

There are various ways to stop these working. If you would be so kind as to explain what you did approximately, perhaps someone may be able to help you.

More generally
    a. Do you have any restore points prior to what you did?
    b. Do you have a disk image prior to what you did?

*** Using these regularly e.g. scheduling a daily restore point, and periodic updates to a complete disk image using Macrium Recflect or Aomei Backupper (free, external media + boot disk required) are virtually essential to get out of many difficulties without technical assistance. Windows is fragile, and needs lot of TLC unless you leave it sitting in a corner quietly..

dalchina, Nov 28, 2015
Thema:

windows 10 newbie

1. windows 10 newbie - Similar Threads - newbie

2. HELP NEWBIE ALERT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HELP NEWBIE ALERT: I need help. I have the acer swift 3 and was told that window is already on the laptop I would just need the code to activate where exactly is the code? And I am really scared that I may have thrown it away. I have kept everything from the box, to what is inside the box....
  3. Alright, first timer and newbie needs some help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alright, first timer and newbie needs some help: I have recently built my own pc and am trying to install windows10. My issue is that i am stuck on the “windows could not prepare the computer to boot” screen at the end of installation. All of the solutions i have found are for reverting updates, but there is no update to...
  4. Newbie need help with NTFS security

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Newbie need help with NTFS security: I'm an newbie IT person handling a small business (14 users) network. They have a file server running Windows Server 2019 Essentials - as far as i was informed to avoid hitting the 20 max allowed connections - as part of a workgroup (no domain) that runs their HR System. They...
  5. OEM windows 10 newbie

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OEM windows 10 newbie: If I purchase a new OEM Windows 10 from lime Bestbuy or Amazon for my pc I am building for myself will i be okay or will i be screwed without getting actual full retail windows 10? Side note 1st time builder so I dont understand all the differences....
  6. Help a Newbie Create a RAMDisk

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help a Newbie Create a RAMDisk: Hello, Folks, Well, I think the most important reward you get is that I will tell everyone here that you are the greatest person alive! If they could help me do the following. First, solve the following questions with a bit of proof.1. Can you tell me and prove to me which...
  7. A newbie's try to install Windows 10 on a brand new SSD

A newbie's try to install Windows 10 on a brand new SSD: TLDR : Correctly moving user data from old windows HDD to new windows SSD (same PC) ? DISCLAIMER : I'm a little Frenchie so there will be mistakes, I apologize in advance for that. This is my first post here so I hope this is the right place. Basically I messed up, I just...
  8. [help] Network issues for a newbie??

[help] Network issues for a newbie??: I don't know if this is the place to ask but the Windows support forums are so complicated I thought I'd give it a shot. I have Windows 10 on an Acer Aspire E15 laptop and i know next to nothing about computers or how to fix them. Recently if I bump my charger cable or move...
  9. so screwed. I shedded my computer .newby..windows 10 .I need an internal comand?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    so screwed. I shedded my computer .newby..windows 10 .I need an internal comand?: OMG-OMG-OMG I have shredded the C: drive please help my only toy. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-screwed-i-shedded-my-computer-newbywindows-10-i/1719f3b1-9bed-4b95-a6f2-ddd6444f6470
  10. newbie to Family account use

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    newbie to Family account use: Hi. I just found this Family Account component of Windows 10. I'm a long time windows user, but things have changed as windows has become more sophisticated. Apparently my family member has need of accessing Acrobat Reader, and supposedly is unable to access pdf files....