Windows 10: windows 10 newbie

Discus and support windows 10 newbie in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I have just purchased a laptop with windows 10 and have been trying to block all pop ups from from candle jar when using internet browser and have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 1nigelb, Nov 28, 2015.

1. 1nigelb Win User

windows 10 newbie

Hi I have just purchased a laptop with windows 10 and have been trying to block all pop ups from from candle jar when using internet browser and have now blocked start up button, corona and edge how do I resolve please? Nigel

:)

1nigelb, Nov 28, 2015

2. Windows 10 Video Playback Issues

Did you uninstall first or install over the current windows 10? I'm a newbie.

dickgreen65, Nov 28, 2015
  3. david-e Win User
    How to access Windows Store settings - Windows 10

Here's a newbie question. How do I access the settings for the new Windows Store?

I am using Windows 10 on a desktop PC.

david-e, Nov 28, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

windows 10 newbie

There are various ways to stop these working. If you would be so kind as to explain what you did approximately, perhaps someone may be able to help you.

More generally
    a. Do you have any restore points prior to what you did?
    b. Do you have a disk image prior to what you did?

*** Using these regularly e.g. scheduling a daily restore point, and periodic updates to a complete disk image using Macrium Recflect or Aomei Backupper (free, external media + boot disk required) are virtually essential to get out of many difficulties without technical assistance. Windows is fragile, and needs lot of TLC unless you leave it sitting in a corner quietly..

dalchina, Nov 28, 2015
Thema:

windows 10 newbie

1. windows 10 newbie - Similar Threads - newbie

2. Win 7 to Win 10 Newbie Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 7 to Win 10 Newbie Questions: Hi All. I’m new here, but have received a lot of help over in the Windows SevenForums side of things. I’m also totally new to Win 10 other than hearing a ton of horror stories about it. So, with the end-of-life for Win 7 coming soon, I have to pull my head out of the sand and...
  3. Newbie to PowerShell (need step by step assistance from a guru)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Newbie to PowerShell (need step by step assistance from a guru): I am an IT admin at my company but I have never used PowerShell and I have no clue where to begin. I’m hoping someone smart out there could help me, maybe even do a remote session to show me the ropes some weekend. I need to run some reports. 1) Need a report showing all...
  4. Password Managers Newbie Re: Password Safe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password Managers Newbie Re: Password Safe: https://www.pwsafe.org/ I have never used one before but am getting to the point where it seems like it might be a good idea. I did a cursory look on TenForums but it was inconclusive: https://www.tenforums.com/search.php?searchid=11357568 Anyone have an opinion on a...
  5. Wi-Fi Newbie

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi Newbie: First time trying to configure Wi-Fi. I have a PC connected to the Internet with coax, Wi-Fi modem, Android notepad and Honeywell thermostat. I do not have a phone plan yet. Seems each device is ready to connect, but it never happens. I continue to get "can't connect" and...
  6. Thinkpad E480 Micro SD card reader Re: NEWBIE!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thinkpad E480 Micro SD card reader Re: NEWBIE!: So I have never had a card reader before much less a "micro" one. In fact and someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe they have fallen out of favor recently. So I am looking for suggestions to experiment with it and would appreciate some highly recommended choices. I...
  7. Sandboxing Newbies Questions

Sandboxing Newbies Questions: Hi I have been searching the web trying to learn what I can about sandboxing. However, I am finding it all a bit confusing since there does not appear to be anyone who has put up any guidnce for beginners in sandboxing. Yes, I've learnt what sandboxing is and what it...
  8. Newbie: Programming software/websites?

Newbie: Programming software/websites?: Hello, I am currently in the hospital and have limited access. IE 11 on Win7 and limite SSL support. Lynda.com works which is a huge bonus. I want to pickup a programming language while I am here. Is there a website I can use to test/learn in conjunction with Lynda.com? I was...
  9. Simple Newbie Question About "Photoshopping"

Simple Newbie Question About "Photoshopping": I don't have photoshop, only MS Paint on my Windows 10 computer. I never photoshopped anything and have absolutely no experience in these type of things. I simply want to take two separate pictures of two of my dogs, and put one dog's head on the other dog's body. I want...
  10. Newbie Qestion

in Windows 10 Support
    Newbie Qestion: I was wondering if you could defrag an SSD Drive [img] 90795