Windows 10: Windows 10 - Night Light disabled after waking from Sleep Mode

Discus and support Windows 10 - Night Light disabled after waking from Sleep Mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This has been an on-going issue for some time. Aster being in Sleep Mode, Night Light becomes disabled when the PC is woken up. Obviously, this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Eugene007, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Eugene007 Win User

Windows 10 - Night Light disabled after waking from Sleep Mode

This has been an on-going issue for some time.

Aster being in Sleep Mode, Night Light becomes disabled when the PC is woken up.

Obviously, this is when Night Light should be 'on'.

To re-enable I have to go into Settings, and System.

As soon as I select System, Night Light is re-enabled.

When will this be fixed?

:)

Eugene007, Feb 7, 2021

2. Windows 10 1903 (may update) Breaks Night Light (built in night light mode)

Hi there,

I have 2 machines (1 was an upgrade install to 1903 the other was a clean install). Both nvidia cards, 1080ti and a 2080 in the other (1 has the latest nvidia drivers the other has the very last version prior to the latest). Both intel 8700k processors.

what is happening: i keep the night light mode always on, and prior to 1903 (when i was using 1809), when i play a game (full screen) the nightlight mode would turn off in game. when i alt tab to windows, night light was enabled. when i jumped back into
    a game, it was disabled. no issues.

when i upgraded to 1903 (both the clean install machine and the upgrade), when i have night light on, and go in game and alt tab, the night light remains off in windows, this never happened in 1809.

not limited to games, but in both machines using 1903, sometimes when i start the computer, the night light mode is disabled. trying to turn it on does nothing, and rebooting fixes it. but if happens enough now where i suspect this is not a one off, and
    the fact it happens on both my computers, and when i go back to 1809 there are no issues.

i also tried flux, but it did the same thing where it would sometimes when you turn on the computer be off, and no way to enable it without rebooting.

lastly, i noticed when the display goes to sleep (the monitor, not the computer), night light is disabled. You can turn it back on, but the monitor being put to sleep effectlivley disabled night light mode from running on 1903, but not on 1809.

somehow i think this is all connected, something in 1903 with night light mode is not working properly like it did in 1809.

computer stats:

Machine 1 (upgrade to 1903):

• 32gb ram
    • 970 evo 1tb
    • nvidia 2080 FE
    • nivida driver 425.31
    • monitor asus 32inch running at 75hz (non-gsync)

Machine 2 (clean install to 1903):

• 32gb ram
    • 970 pro 512gb
    • evga 1080ti hybrid FTW3
    • nivida driver 430.39
    • monitor lg 31.5inch 144hz g-sync

WindwardBaton7, Feb 7, 2021
  3. Chadi Win User
    ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Windows 10 - Night Light disabled after waking from Sleep Mode [​IMG]

Chadi, Feb 7, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Stay in sleep and wake with spacebar

Hi, you can disable hibernation if you wish:
    Enable or Disable Hibernate in Windows 10

This depends what devices are able to wake your PC. You can list these:

Powercfg /devicequery /.......
    Description:
    Returns a list of devices that meet the specified criteria.

Parameter List:
    <QUERYFLAG> Specifies one of the following criteria:

wake_from_S1_supported ....Return all devices that support waking the system
    from a light sleep state.
    wake_from_S2_supported ....Return all devices that support waking the system
    from a deeper sleep state.
    wake_from_S3_supported ....Return all devices that support waking the system
    from the deepest sleep state.
    wake_from_any ......................Return all devices that support waking the system
    from any sleep state.

S1_supported List devices supporting light sleep.
    S2_supported List devices supporting deeper sleep.
    S3_supported List devices supporting deepest sleep.
    S4_supported List devices supporting hibernation.
    wake_programmable List devices that are user-configurable to wake
    the system from a sleep state.
    wake_armed List devices that are currently configured to
    wake the system from any sleep state.
    all_devices Return all devices present in the system.

Examples:
    POWERCFG /DEVICEQUERY wake_armed

dalchina, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - Night Light disabled after waking from Sleep Mode - Similar Threads - Night Light disabled

2. Windows10 after waking it from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows10 after waking it from sleep mode: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/KingFerdinand11 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wsgiju/windows10_after_waking_it_from_sleep_mode/
  3. Night Light mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night Light mode: Greetings everyone,When I turn on night light mode the colours become warmer which is okay.But, whenever I play a game, open a picture or a video the colours become lighter and more shining. it's like a modified night light mode and it's really uncomfortable.When I plug in...
  4. Night Light only active on main monitor after waking from sleep

Night Light only active on main monitor after waking from sleep: I've been using Windows 10's night light feature for quite a long time now. Lately, on some evenings, my light light will only work on my main monitor, while the side monitors just have their normal colour. I think it only happens when the displays go to sleep from...
  5. Night light is reset after wake up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Night light is reset after wake up: I have night light set up to turn on on the schedule. It works. I also have my screen turning off after 15 minutes of idle. The problem is the night light disappears after the screen is turned on. If I go to night light setting, it says it is turned on. If I turn it off and...
  6. Night light off after screen wakes from sleep

Night light off after screen wakes from sleep: I have the issue that night light is always off when my screen comes back from a blank screen saver or the PC wakes from sleep. This has been mentioned several times but the recommended solutions do no address this issue but the issue that night light is not working at all....
  7. Night Light randomly disabled after screen wake up

Night Light randomly disabled after screen wake up: sometimes when i turn on my screen the night light is disabled but it's still ON in the notification sidebar toggle, so i have to press 2 times the toggle to turn it ON again, anyone know a fix for it? submitted by /u/winzupdatee [link] [comments]...
  8. Night Light (Night Mode) breaks on main monitor after waking up from sleep :( 1909 (fresh...

Night Light (Night Mode) breaks on main monitor after waking up from sleep :( 1909 (fresh...: Hey there, I got a dual monitor setup, an AMD gpu with the latest drivers and for some reason night light always breaks/stops working on my main monitor (turning it on/off) doesn't do anything on the main monitor, it does work as intended on the second one though :( I...
  9. Windows 10 Crashes after waking from sleep mode

Windows 10 Crashes after waking from sleep mode: Hello, I recently upgraded from Win7 to Win10, and I have an issue with the PC rebooting when it wakes from sleep mode. I did some searching online and it seemed like the most likely cause was the graphics driver, so I have updated that and several others through Driver...
  10. Disable Lockscreen After Waking From Sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Disable Lockscreen After Waking From Sleep: I'm trying to disable lockscreen after waking from sleep. And I can't find such option. Take a look at the screenshot. [img] I'm on Windows 10 Enterprise, I'm system administrator and the only Group Policy settings I changed are this: [img] Please, help me to solve...