Windows 10: Windows 10 nightmare- who regulates Microsoft?

Discus and support Windows 10 nightmare- who regulates Microsoft? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, I'm not going to go into much detail, but yet again windows 10 struck again. Its destroyed my laptop by not being downloade correctly, when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CS1_112, Aug 10, 2018.

1. CS1_112 Win User

Windows 10 nightmare- who regulates Microsoft?

So, I'm not going to go into much detail, but yet again windows 10 struck again. Its destroyed my laptop by not being downloade correctly, when I eventually got through to the Tech Support, they had me remove all of my operating systems, again they advised it would help and now this has caused hardware failure, there fault, not mine.

So I would like to know who is the regulator of Microsoft or the higher body that makes sure they practice in a correct manner? There has to be someone, the FCA in the United Kingdom are the guidance regulators for the Financial sector so who is the one that does similar for Microsoft?

:)

CS1_112, Aug 10, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Aug 10, 2018
  3. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 nightmare- who regulates Microsoft? - Similar Threads - nightmare regulates Microsoft

2. OneDrive nightmare - who programmed this trash?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive nightmare - who programmed this trash?: I need to vent this.I have several PCs and use OneDrive to sync a lot of material I use for my work voice over production.Only on two of my PCs, I need the entire content of my OneDrive data. So, I deselect all the folders I don't need on all "minor" PCs.Yesterday, I cleaned...
  3. Windows 10 LTSC Nightmare

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 LTSC Nightmare: So, i have heard about the latest security hole in all versions of windows, so, i want to just know has the security patch for fixing nightmare also released for LTSC versions??* Moved from Virus & Malware...
  4. Windows 10 LTSC Nightmare

Windows 10 LTSC Nightmare: So, i have heard about the latest security hole in all versions of windows, so, i want to just know has the security patch for fixing nightmare also released for LTSC versions??...
  5. Microsoft support nightmare

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft support nightmare: First off, I understand that during Covid, things move slow. However, today is February 3rd, and this nightmare trying to get help from Microsoft began on January 21st when my son's Xbox account was hacked. Then his Microsoft Authenticator app was hacked. Then, my banking...
  6. Microsoft support nightmare

Microsoft support nightmare: First off, I understand that during Covid, things move slow. However, today is February 3rd, and this nightmare trying to get help from Microsoft began on January 21st when my son's Xbox account was hacked. Then his Microsoft Authenticator app was hacked. Then, my banking...
  7. Sound not regulating

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound not regulating: Never had an issue with this before, but my IT department installed something yesterday don't know what and now the sound on my laptop won't regulate properly. I play music videos on YouTube while I work and every time a new video starts, the sound gets super loud. It will...
  8. Windows 10 Nightmare

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Nightmare: So disappointed with the windows 10 upgrade. Had no issues at all with windows 7. Update stopped my printer working eventually sorted with Microsoft tech teams help. Many of the functions in Windows mail are greyed out cannot delete contacts etc. Tried all advice given...
  9. Windows 10 nightmare.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 nightmare.: My laptop is currently running slow, I try to go and update. It says I need 8 gigs of storage, when I have deleted every possible thing I could, and only have 5 gigs. How else am I supposed to get the additional 3? I tried to factory reset, won't let me, tried safe mode,...
  10. Microsoft Login Nightmare

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Login Nightmare: This is long (winded) . . . I have been using Windows since 3.1. In 2011 I bought a new PC and as soon as Windows 8 was introduced, I set up a Microsoft Account. This was years ago and in that time, I have switched phone service with a new number and no longer use or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. who regulates microsoft

2. who regulates microsoft?