Windows 10: Windows 10 nightmare- who regulates Microsoft?

Discus and support Windows 10 nightmare- who regulates Microsoft? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, I'm not going to go into much detail, but yet again windows 10 struck again. Its destroyed my laptop by not being downloade correctly, when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CS1_112, Aug 10, 2018.

1. CS1_112 Win User

Windows 10 nightmare- who regulates Microsoft?

So, I'm not going to go into much detail, but yet again windows 10 struck again. Its destroyed my laptop by not being downloade correctly, when I eventually got through to the Tech Support, they had me remove all of my operating systems, again they advised it would help and now this has caused hardware failure, there fault, not mine.

So I would like to know who is the regulator of Microsoft or the higher body that makes sure they practice in a correct manner? There has to be someone, the FCA in the United Kingdom are the guidance regulators for the Financial sector so who is the one that does similar for Microsoft?

:)

CS1_112, Aug 10, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Aug 10, 2018
  3. Analog_Interface Win User
    Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 nightmare- who regulates Microsoft? - Similar Threads - nightmare regulates Microsoft

2. Who is the moron at Microsoft that is the head of the team that developed Windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Who is the moron at Microsoft that is the head of the team that developed Windows 10?: We need to get up close and personal with that bastard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/who-is-the-moron-at-microsoft-that-is-the-head-of/90c5c07a-aa4d-4c80-be3c-2a41a86a6c4f
  3. Activation nightmare

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation nightmare: I have purchased a minecraft key and for MS's information, this has been the most difficult and time consuming activation I've ever encountered. Anyway, I am now told I need to link an applicable device in order to install the game. I am on my windows 10 laptop and I am...
  4. help with windows 10 being a nightmare

in Windows 10 Support
    help with windows 10 being a nightmare: since the last build with the insider program I am having nightmares with pages hanging web pages unavailable and click on on thing and it clicks also typing is a real issue as it misses letters out my build is: version 1803(os build 17713.1002) I have tried to refresh and...
  5. TouchPad Nightmare - lagging, freezing - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TouchPad Nightmare - lagging, freezing - Windows 10: Hello, I'm not sure did I've posted the thread under the right category (forgive me if I failed to do it). I have complete nightmare with my touchpad on my laptop. The TouchPad is so unresponsive and continuously lagging and freezing. The touchpad is with ELAN software l2C...
  6. Windows 10 File Sharing Nightmare!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Sharing Nightmare!!: This is crazy! Windows 10 networking is driving me nuts! I have five Windows 10 PC's, one Windows 7 PC that has not been booted in more than two months, and one Windows Home Server SP2 with Power Pack 3 (Windows Home Server Consoles are installed). Two Win10 PC’s are Home and...
  7. Photos nightmare.....

in Windows 10 Support
    Photos nightmare.....: Hi folks ....have been successfully transferring pics from my camera(s) since days of '98....and now problems arise! TWINUI has now crept in as my pic viewer of choice. I managed to restore photo viewer (using these pages).....but believe that I now require Gallery...
  8. Microsoft Customer Support for Win 10 - A Complete Nightmare!

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Customer Support for Win 10 - A Complete Nightmare!: I have recently bought Windows 10 Professional. I have a major issue with it that couldn't be resolved with any research I did online and so I rang Microsoft's customer support. I have just spent the last two hours wasting my time. Their telephone support is the worst I've...
  9. Who writes Microsoft's error messages?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Who writes Microsoft's error messages?: Who writes Microsoft's error messages? Homer Simpson? "Something happened" Well, duh! 11177
  10. Microsoft's 2015 reorg: Who's in, who's out

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft's 2015 reorg: Who's in, who's out: Microsoft's fiscal 2015 is winding down, which means, as usual, it's time for another company reorg. CEO Satya Nadella notified company employees of the newest tweaks to the corporate structure via a June 17 memo (which Microsoft has posted on its Web site). A number of...