Windows 10: Windows 10 no admin account

Discus and support Windows 10 no admin account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; How do you make a admin account when there is none? I have two local accounts that are not admin, I cannot make any changes since I’m not a admin.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by David9723, Mar 5, 2019.

1. David9723 Win User

Windows 10 no admin account

How do you make a admin account when there is none?

I have two local accounts that are not admin, I cannot make any changes since I’m not a admin.

This is on windows 10 home so there is no group policy.

:)

David9723, Mar 5, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 no admin account :(

Zakin, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 no admin account - Similar Threads - admin account

2. Change admin account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change admin account password: I am running WIN10 build 18362. I have the admin PW (not my MS account PW) so can login. I wish to change the admin PW. There are no other accounts on the machine. How can I make the change?...
  3. Unable to perform admin tasks after converting Admin account to Standard user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to perform admin tasks after converting Admin account to Standard user: There are two administrators of which I am the owner of my pc and ICT service is the other. I've just changed my status to standard user and therefore cannot have access to do anything like installing a software or make changes as usual. When I tried to install a software,...
  4. Hidden admin account

Hidden admin account: I am just one Windows 10 pro computer and but I don't have admin account. Iam just the local admin. How can I delete folders when I don't have the hidden admin account? I did a complete Windows 10 pro install but now I am told I can't uninstall folder, need admin...
  5. Change user account back to true full admin?

Change user account back to true full admin?: Apparently update 1903 has made more changes than I knew. I use a personal windows 10 account on my aging home laptop that I've had set to be THE admin since it was brand new. I'm the only one who uses the machine, and I'm a career long programmer but haven't done much with...
  6. Hidden Microsoft admin account (Device very old no more in use)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hidden Microsoft admin account (Device very old no more in use): I have spent more than a month as I am not very computer savvy I have not been able to change hidden Microsoft admin account. The name of this is (DESKTOP-KTO1160\Charolata) I don't even own this device any maybe I had it 8yrs back? I tried to change the password but it does...
  7. Windows session blocked of an admin account, in AutoLogon mode, associated with the...

Windows session blocked of an admin account, in AutoLogon mode, associated with the...: Hello, we have a solution NICE APA digital assistants installed on VMs (via Hyper V) Windows 10 Pro. For the NICE product to work, you need an active session all the time and for this we used the Autologon tool to create a permanently active session of an AD account and also...
  8. Restictions on user account affecting admin account

Restictions on user account affecting admin account: I have a user account for school and a separate admin account for home, and restrictions on my school account are on my admin account. I don't have the school account connected to my home account. Is it possible to stop this?...
  9. Creating an admin account/ Renaming my PC??

Creating an admin account/ Renaming my PC??: Alright so im trying to change the name of my pc and switch my local account to an admin account. But I have windows 1083 and I don't see the "Family & Other People" option in the settings. Keep in mind im on this pc on a local account....
  10. No admin account and can't reenable it

No admin account and can't reenable it: I go to system repair console after a restart, and I do the net user Administrator /active:yes however, when the machine restarts it is deactivated again. I notice that in system repair, it seems to show the machine name as simply \\ rather than \\machine_name - which implies...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no admin account windows 10

2. other user windows 10 no administrator