Windows 10: Windows 10 no admin account

Discus and support Windows 10 no admin account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; How do you make a admin account when there is none? I have two local accounts that are not admin, I cannot make any changes since I’m not a admin.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by David9723, Mar 5, 2019.

1. David9723 Win User

Windows 10 no admin account

How do you make a admin account when there is none?

I have two local accounts that are not admin, I cannot make any changes since I’m not a admin.

This is on windows 10 home so there is no group policy.

:)

David9723, Mar 5, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 no admin account :(

Zakin, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 no admin account - Similar Threads - admin account

2. Local Admin account settings keep changing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local Admin account settings keep changing: Hi There, On some of our computers running Windows 10 the local admin keeps asking for a change of password even though we select the option for the password to never expire. Has anyone else experienced this?...
  3. Deleted Admin Account and accepted the delete files option without realizing it. Can i...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted Admin Account and accepted the delete files option without realizing it. Can i...: 15 hours ago, i removed the admin account deleted and without noticing the details have also deleted the files linked to it. Afterwards i upgraded to windows 10 pro after entering product key. This morning wheni wanted to open my files they were all empty. I system restore it...
  4. Why is my MS admin account using C: for a home directory after new install?

Why is my MS admin account using C: for a home directory after new install?: After the latest Windows 10 update destroyed my desktop PC, I had to reinstall Windows 10 Pro, I could not rollback the update. I did not have a Windows serial # at hand, so I proceeded using my Microsoft account. After the install I had one administrator account,...
  5. How can I sign into Windows when I disabled admin and my local account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I sign into Windows when I disabled admin and my local account: Hello, recently I tried to do something, but it didn’t register my local user because I had a space in it. Because of this, I decided to change my local user using regedit, computer management, and administrator user. After I did this, I used net user Administrator /active:no...
  6. Change Microsoft Admin Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change Microsoft Admin Account: I am the admin on my family's laptop, and want to switch it to my mother. My microsoft account was compromised awhile ago, so I changed the email and password on my Microsoft account and the previous email is no longer usable. The problem is that I am not able to sign in to...
  7. Is my Admin user account "Shared"? Or Not? With Whom?

Is my Admin user account "Shared"? Or Not? With Whom?: When I go to PC\Local Disk (C:)\USERS\Admin\Properties\Sharing tab, in the "Network File and Folder Sharing" box, there is a folder icon named, "admin Shared" (Network Path: \\Dell\Users\admin) Below that is a "SHARE" button. If "admin" is "Shared", why is there a "Share"...
  8. Admin accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin accounts: I'm getting my partner to give me a user account whereby I'll be able to login and install software at will. My questions are: Does this need to be an admin account? Secondly I don't want to see what files she has, that's her business and I know admin level users can see...
  9. User Account Control and Admin Approval mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Account Control and Admin Approval mode: In GPedit I set User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval mode to Disable, but that can be change by the User Account Control slider in the User Account Control Settings, how do I disable the slider function or make make the Approval mode read only. It...
  10. admin account issue

admin account issue: When I am trying to run some apps as an admin, the screen keeps freezing and then I get a message "insufficient rights" or "An administrator has blocked you from running this app. Access denied." But I am an administrator and I have only one account on this computer. I cannot...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no admin account windows 10

2. windows 10 home dont see admin account

3. other user windows 10 no administrator