Windows 10: Windows 10 no app permission

Discus and support Windows 10 no app permission in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am writing this on my Windows 7 computer. My Windows 10 computer is a Dell XPS 8920. The following refers to the Dell XPS 8920. All current Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by noquiexis, Dec 11, 2020.

1. noquiexis Win User

Windows 10 no app permission

I am writing this on my Windows 7 computer. My Windows 10 computer is a Dell XPS 8920. The following refers to the Dell XPS 8920. All current Windows Updates have been allowed on that machine.

Yesterday (10 Dec 2020) when I tried to start Word 2016, I got the error message:

"Windows cannot access the specific device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."
    After I rebooted (yesterday), I was able to use Word 2016.

When I booted up this morning (11 Dec 2020), my Lock Screen photo and desktop appeared as they always do. I got the above error message whenever I tried to start any app (Microsoft Edge, Paint, Notepad). Windows Media Player and File Manager work, but Control Panel and Settings do not. The error message appears instead.

I did manage to get McAfee running (once, but not after e reboot) and tried to scan the system. The "Scan" page was mostly blank, although the McAfee icon on the Taskbar claimed that a scan was running.

I tried several methods to get the XPS 8920 to boot into Windows Safe Mode, but none were successful. As of this morning, the machine is useless.

:)

noquiexis, Dec 11, 2020
  2. Solaris17 Win User

Windows 10 permissions...

How is the NAS on windows 10 Pro? Is it software or a share? Did you check ntfs vs share permissions?

Solaris17, Dec 11, 2020
  3. cdawall Win User
    Windows 10 permissions...

Ok so I feel officially dumb I am trying to copy my steam library to my NAS. Both are on windows 10 pro and both have full control in the file manager. Neither windows nor fast copy will allow me to copy, both list a permissions error? This was never an issue with windows 7...so first off thank you microsoft god forbid I want to back up my data, second off what the heck do I need to do to make this work. All I could fine online was to set full control and that obviously didn't help.

Also robocopy doesn't apparently work with network locations?

cdawall, Dec 11, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

App Permissions

Hi Tony,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Some apps require certain permissions to work properly. However, you can change the permissions given to the apps by following the below steps:

1. Click on Start.
    2. Click on Settings and then click on Privacy.
    3. Under the App Permissions you can change the permissions which are assigned for the apps.

However, you can go through the
    Microsoft Privacy Statement

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 no app permission - Similar Threads - app permission

2. Microsoft, please stop installing apps without my permission. Any way to stop this from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft, please stop installing apps without my permission. Any way to stop this from...: Microsoft Windows 11 keeps reinstalling the apps that I uninstall manually. Those apps have no use for me so why does Windows 11 keep installing them?...
  3. Microsoft, please stop installing apps without my permission. Any way to stop this from...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft, please stop installing apps without my permission. Any way to stop this from...: Microsoft Windows 11 keeps reinstalling the apps that I uninstall manually. Those apps have no use for me so why does Windows 11 keep installing them?...
  4. Why cant I access my Inkscape app. Says no permissions

Why cant I access my Inkscape app. Says no permissions: I updated my laptop last night and now I can't access my Inkscape app. It tells me I don't have permission it won't even let me delete it . However I was using ut before the update and restart just fine. I tried to do some things suggested in the support section with no luck....
  5. Why cant I access my Inkscape app. Says no permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why cant I access my Inkscape app. Says no permissions: I updated my laptop last night and now I can't access my Inkscape app. It tells me I don't have permission it won't even let me delete it . However I was using ut before the update and restart just fine. I tried to do some things suggested in the support section with no luck....
  6. Why do I not have background app permissions for Xbox if my computer is not in S mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I not have background app permissions for Xbox if my computer is not in S mode: I am just getting tired of trying to find an answer, I've been trying for months.. Since December and I have not found a fix... So hopefully someone here has an aswer to find background app permissions for Xbox Game Bar or Xbox app itself....
  7. Why do I not have background app permissions for Xbox if my computer is not in S mode

Why do I not have background app permissions for Xbox if my computer is not in S mode: I am just getting tired of trying to find an answer, I've been trying for months.. Since December and I have not found a fix... So hopefully someone here has an aswer to find background app permissions for Xbox Game Bar or Xbox app itself....
  8. Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...: I had an old installation of windows on this computer. I recently reinstalled windows. The folders on the old drive have some permissions issue. I have my new windows setup and working find on C:/. I can install Xbox games to C:/ just fine.However, the D:/ drive is...
  9. Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...

Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...: I had an old installation of windows on this computer. I recently reinstalled windows. The folders on the old drive have some permissions issue. I have my new windows setup and working find on C:/. I can install Xbox games to C:/ just fine.However, the D:/ drive is...
  10. [Camera App] Audio does not get recorded despite all permissions being allowed and hardware...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Camera App] Audio does not get recorded despite all permissions being allowed and hardware...: When I try to record a video via the camera app, the audio does not get recorded. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-audio-does-not-get-recorded-despite-all/57e88e08-bba3-45df-ae49-70af9fafde08